• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stupid Thinkers...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
T and F are just justification methods, so absolutely there are stupid thinkers (I went through uni with one) and shallow feelers.

Not all F is about empathy for other people, therfore the whole "poor me"/hypocrondria... think Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumbleys charracters in Ab Fab, I'd say bother and ENFP's but the F is a bit twisted... all about self gratification... but still strong F.

MR bean is probably a T type .... and he wasn't too sharp, Black Adder certainly a T type....

OK all of the above are comedy characters but Id' struggle to find a stupid Thinker celeb or one that I think yea, not bright but thoughtful, I suspect you can find LOADs of shallow F types in celebrety world - in part because the lifestyle is pretty shallow

R

Riva

Have you read Matilda? I've just indicated Mrs. Wormwood's character by some striking points in her behaviour. I tried to provide arguments indicating she's a T...
I thought her being dumb was obvious...

No!

Yes you did to some extent provide some arguments indicating that she is a T. But those points do not prove that she is dumb.

Especially to a person who doesn't know who that character is. :doh:

I know :)
I know a lot of smart Feeler examples. I know a lot of stupid Feeler examples. I know a lot of smart Thinker examples.

Same here.
And I know a lot of smart ESFP. Some know it all posters think ESFPs are not so smart.

:coffee:

Point?
Which point?
"Thinkers are stupid"? I didn't want to prove that.
"Thinkers are smart because we don't find stupid Thinker examples"? I didn't want to prove that.

I just want to collect some stupid Thinker examples... to complete my collection of examples. So my title is "Stupid Thinkers" - as I want to talk about stupid thinkers. I don't want to prove anything.

I see.
:)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My father, who was an INTP, was the biggest moron ever, even though he was technically a genius.

I also have plenty of T friends and acquaintances who are not so briz-ight.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think sometimes i have the emotional depth of a teaspoon

Like the other day, someone was calling me at 3am a bazillion times, but i didn't answer cus I was with a bunch of peoples and i didn't want to see that person at the time. later i found out that person had a flat tire in a dangerous neighborhood and was scared.

it's because you're an ENFP (the definition of a flake)

u mad?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
or there's the statistical egocentered solution: I and everybody here is beautiful and smart and so on, therefore statistically speaking there should be stupid Ts and Fs to average the overall scores.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be redundant but sum it all up, T and F are just ways to process perceptions.

The Judging functions are not directly correlated with intelligence, which comprises a number of traits including sheer cerebral functioning, imagination, creativity, pattern-recognition, awareness of detail, and the like. They merely describe the amount of natural detachment/separation the person has from the judgment process.

There are some F's here who could kick the mental pants off some of the T's and vice versa.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
From the examples given in this thread, it would appear that there exists more fictional stupid Ts than nonfictional stupid Ts.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From the examples given in this thread, it would appear that there exists more fictional stupid Ts than nonfictional stupid Ts.

Why do dogs pee on trees?

(Oh yes, the answer is in there. But I'm too afraid to spill it out for everyone to read. No death wish here. :D )

Jaguar

Are Ts always intelligent? I don't think so.

Ts prefer to use logic rather than emotions to decide upon. That doesn't imply their logic is strong...

Nothing like starting a thread to discuss what is already known.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nothing like starting a thread to discuss what is already known.

you know I was looking at the root directory and saw the thread title with Jag as the most recent reply.....

Whats he gonna say.... LOL it's like painting a huge target :D:D:D

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
My father, who was an INTP, was the biggest moron ever, even though he was technically a genius.

I also have plenty of T friends and acquaintances who are not so briz-ight.

My father was the same way. He was a 'genuis'. certifiable. But he was a bi-polar mess of a human being. His emotional development was so low and fragile that he just couldn't cope with anything. By the time I was born , he was done being a lousy parent and just did nothing but read books and watch the Muppets. Who gives a shit what you know if your relationships are fucked up? Intelligence can be a crutch and a method of avoidance for some....

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are Ts always intelligent? I don't think so.

Ts prefer to use logic rather than emotions to decide upon. That doesn't imply their logic is strong...

I've found an example. Mrs. Wormwood (Matilda, Roald Dahl) is a stupid ESTJ. She loves to watch soaps, but she doesn't care one iota about the characters - she likes to look at profit and riches. A girl has to take care of her appearance... to get a rich husband. Everything is aimed at the goal of a rich and easy life.

I'm in search of:
- other examples :)
- maybe some descriptions of stupid Thinkers :)

PS. the twin question: is it possible to be a Feeler with the emotional depth of a teaspoon?

A few things to keep in mind.

-A type is a solidified unconscious disposition, not a personality quality. Hence, if you are a Thinking type then you simply have a tendency to display personalities we associate with Thinking rather than its simply the case that these personality qualities are a definitive part of your character by virtue of the fact that you are a Thinking type. What is the implication of this with respect to your thought experiment? It is possible to be a certain type without having the personality qualities associated with it. Its possible to be an ESTJ for example that supresses the Thinking tendencies in favor of Extroversion and Sensing. As a result, the Thinking function may not be properly used. (Another example of somebody who has not developed their dominant function, or has not gotten comfortable using it could be a dominant Extroverted Intuitive who was always harrassed for attempting to be imaginative or creative.)

-We now must ask a question if our association of these personality qualities with the type is legitimate. In other words, should we believe that even if a person has fully developed Thinking, he or she will be logical or intelligent? Thinking is a unconscious cognitive tendency that allows us to recognize structure in the world. Although this is usually helpful in intellectual endeavors; it is possible to have this quality while lacking intelligence. A mechanic may have a great talent for seeing structure in material designs (such as cars), yet may lack imagination to perform the highly abstract functions of logical reasoning. Such a person would not make a good logician or a mathematician. Is this person using the Thinking function well? Yes, as he clearly displays an unconscious tendency to recognize structure in the world. (Remember, a type is nothing but an unconscious tendency of thought) Does this person have the personality quality that we associate with Thinking, that is, does this person have an ability to reason well? No, he does not.

Hence, I have two objections to the claim that if one is a thinker, one is smart. First of all, not all thinking types are true to their type as their natural tendencies may be supressed. Secondly, thinking along does not capacitate one to reason well.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think I've just met someone who's an F but has the emotional depth of a teaspoon.

It's a really weird thing for an inferior feeler to realize.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
it's because you're an ENFP (the definition of a flake)

u mad?

no.

cus i could see why someone could think that.

for me personally though, i got in the habit of saying "Ok, I'll try to make it." instead of saying "I'll be there" and not show up if I am borderline attendable to that event.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intelligence is correlated to N and to a lesser extent, P.