User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 168

  1. #11
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Stupid Thinkers are just those who have no use of Feeling/don't understand the value in Feeling regardless of the situation.
    Not necessarily. As the OP put it: you might have a preference to use logic over emotions without having a logical mind.

    The world is full of stupid thinkers (and feelers, but that's another case).

  2. #12
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Let me do a little experiment...
    Mrs Wormwood: "Tamske is stupid, because she's making life difficult. She could have a much easier life, just doing her job and relaxing afterwards. She's even unable to enjoy herself, she's always longing for some unattainable goal!"
    Sounds very zen to me.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #13
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    I call Matilda in being a genius INFJ. T =/= intelligence
    I mean just have a look at the last president of the US.

  4. #14
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    The correct misnomer is actually "NTs are always intelligent"

  5. #15
    Senior Member dnivera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?
    Posts
    165

    Default

    It becomes easy to convince yourself to do something you don't like (or don't want to do) with logic. For example: breaking off a relationship with someone purely for pragmatic reasons, such as distance or lack of time.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

    Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

  6. #16
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I call Matilda in being a genius INFJ. T =/= intelligence
    I mean just have a look at the last president of the US.
    I agree with you on T not being the same as intelligence... well, that was the starting point of this thread actually.
    I didn't really ask for intelligent Feeler examples, as I know a busload full of them!
    Still, I disagree with Matilda being a Feeler... First of all, are you talking about the book or the movie? The movie Matilda is definitely a F, but the book Matilda isn't... she seems INTJ to me.

    Back to topic - I want more stupid Thinker examples... More specifically, I want to explore the ways in which people can prefer logic/thinking and still be dumb.

    What about Mr. Kranky (George's Marvelous Medicine), to stick with Roald Dahl? An ENTP if I ever saw one, and he isn't that smart...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  7. #17
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    There are plenty of stupid thinkers, especially if they're 40% of the population, there's bound to be an endless amount. From statistics I've seen, Ts are only a little more likely than Fs to have high IQ or SAT scores. E/I and S/N has more to do with IQ test performance, favoring IN.

    There's even stupid NTs. ENTPs are super dumb.

    I don't think IQ measures intelligence perfectly, but it gives a decent rough estimate. I don't know about the reliability of the MBTI studies, but they seem to mirror what I see IRL.

  8. #18
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Are Ts always intelligent? I don't think so.

    Ts prefer to use logic rather than emotions to decide upon. That doesn't imply their logic is strong...

    I've found an example. Mrs. Wormwood (Matilda, Roald Dahl) is a stupid ESTJ. She loves to watch soaps, but she doesn't care one iota about the characters - she likes to look at profit and riches. A girl has to take care of her appearance... to get a rich husband. Everything is aimed at the goal of a rich and easy life.

    I'm in search of:
    - other examples
    - maybe some descriptions of stupid Thinkers

    PS. the twin question: is it possible to be a Feeler with the emotional depth of a teaspoon?
    Nice...

    But please explain to me why you came to the conclusion that a certain person is stupid because of the points you provided.

    The title is definitely a good point to explore. Especially due to the fact that some 'T' believe themselves to be smarter than 'F' types.

    Being T doesn't make a person smarter than a F type.

    -------------------------------

    But your OP definitely doesn't prove the point you are trying to make in the title.

    Please try again.

  9. #19
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Nice...
    But please explain to me why you came to the conclusion that a certain person is stupid because of the points you provided.
    Have you read Matilda? I've just indicated Mrs. Wormwood's character by some striking points in her behaviour. I tried to provide arguments indicating she's a T...
    I thought her being dumb was obvious...

    The title is definitely a good point to explore. Especially due to the fact that some 'T' believe themselves to be smarter than 'F' types.
    Being T doesn't make a person smarter than a F type.
    I know
    I know a lot of smart Feeler examples. I know a lot of stupid Feeler examples. I know a lot of smart Thinker examples.

    But your OP definitely doesn't prove the point you are trying to make in the title.
    Point?
    Which point?
    "Thinkers are stupid"? I didn't want to prove that.
    "Thinkers are smart because we don't find stupid Thinker examples"? I didn't want to prove that.

    I just want to collect some stupid Thinker examples... to complete my collection of examples. So my title is "Stupid Thinkers" - as I want to talk about stupid thinkers. I don't want to prove anything.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  10. #20
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    MBTI is not a skill-based evaluation of people. It describes cognitive processes not aptitude. When something is being tested, there seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to assume it is measuring skill.

    Feeling is also not based on emotion. It is based on a holistic approach that views subjective issues while Thinking focuses on the more measured, linear, logical definable problems and solutions. In this way Feeling is more likely to include emotional components of addressing issues, but that is more of a subset of its approach to reasoning.

    With most of these MBTI categories there appears to be little difference between categories in application except for a few rare cases. It is just rare to encounter someone who is objective or who has great empathy. Most of the time either is a struggle for a person. Over-reliance on ego and the perspective of self destroys the ability to analyze objectively or to understand another with empathy. The world would actually be a marvelous place if every person aboard was innately skilled with one or the other.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] easier to get on with a stupid S than a clever S?
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
  2. If stupidity is a great evil...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 10:12 PM
  3. Stupid limericks
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 05:22 PM
  4. Humanity will become stupider?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 01:27 AM
  5. Only guys are stupid enough to do this...
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO