• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The 10 dimensions

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Something interesting I found a while back. Worth the watch.
Imagining the 10th dimension
[YOUTUBE="XjsgoXvnStY"]The 10th dimension[/YOUTUBE]

Now the question is does any one of the dimensions above ours exist?

...uh this should've gone into the philosophy forum. My mistake.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The question is not wether or not they exist. But if they exist, how can we prove that and what practical use does that have for us.

I've made some topics about 5th dimension headspins and such before on the forum.

Also, whilest that movie is good to grasp the idea of the dimensions. It falls far short in explaining the advanced physics involved. It's really just an (uber) over simplification and explanation of the single constant in what makes which dimension.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The question is not wether or not they exist. But if they exist, how can we prove that and what practical use does that have for us.

I've made some topics about 5th dimension headspins and such before on the forum.

Also, whilest that movie is good to grasp the idea of the dimensions. It falls far short in explaining the advanced physics involved. It's really just an (uber) over simplification and explanation of the single constant in what makes which dimension.
Interesting, I should have a look at your other threads. Anyways, yes the video was supposed to just give an idea of the dimensions.

In a more deeper level this would be a video that goes into more details about the 5th dimension.
[YOUTUBE="6Bk5KCEt17M"]5th dimensions[/YOUTUBE]

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's building up to ten dimensions, and using time as the fourth, and different kinds of dimensions besides space and time after that. Dimensions 5 and 6 would be the realm I call "chance" here: BDMNQR Essays: Math & Science.

In part 2 of the video, the 7th dimension connects all the infinite possible "chance" paths of our universe (from big bang to all the possible endings) with all the possible chance paths of entirely separate universes or "infinities". After this, it seems to get a bit redundant, as the 8th dimension is just described as "another line branching off the 7th dimension line to connect to yet another infinity", and the 9th dimension is "all the possible branches for all the possible timelines of all the possible universes". The tenth dimension treats all of this as a single point, but then there is nowhere left to go.
The author ties this to the ten dimensions of string theory, yet acknowledging that this imagining is "not the accepted explanation for string theory", in which the other six dimensions are strictly spatial, and collapsed to the Planck length.