User Tag List

View Poll Results: Check those that apply.

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • The most meaningful interaction ensues from revealing one's true self.

25 60.98%
  • Being genuine and real is important, but there's got to be some character play involved.

15 36.59%
  • With a medium as insignificant as an internet forum, who bothers to be real?

2 4.88%
  • Real, true people are real characters - they never waver in their style of expression.

7 17.07%
  • Real people exhibit change and development in their style, and they question themselves publicly.

26 63.41%
  • Playing a character in here is a detriment to our understanding of type.

11 26.83%
  • Some of the people in here are fake.

18 43.90%
  • Playing some character, perhaps a type stereotype, gets and approval from the forum members.

11 26.83%
  • I would like to know the level of genuinety of every poster.

17 41.46%
  • I don't take anything seriously, it's all play.

7 17.07%
  • Too many people in here maintain too good of an image to be "true" in any respect.

9 21.95%
  • Character players are mostly found in the E category as opposed to I.

5 12.20%
  • Character players are mostly found in the N category as opposed to S.

7 17.07%
  • Character players are mostly found in the T category as opposed to F.

4 9.76%
  • Character players are mostly found in the P category as opposed to J.

5 12.20%
  • Someone who acts consistently as type X gets my respect.

2 4.88%
  • Someone who acts a type consistently makes a service to the forum.

2 4.88%
  • It is an insult to a person to question whether they are real.

8 19.51%
  • Many people in here feel like they've been lifted off a book.

7 17.07%
  • The concept of type can be detrimental to people if it hinders development and change.

33 80.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Survey of genuineness and acting in TypoC. Roles in persona and in type.

Check those options you agree on. The survey is anonymous.

Excuse the typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    yupp

if I'm not a genius, am I not allowed to answer?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ

What kind of (a) joke is that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Ahh did I made a typo with a) genius b) genuine
    and their derivatives? As you might know, I'm not a native English speaker (or writer), but I meant the option b.

How is it spelled then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    yupp

Oh i misread, sorry. I honestly though it said "geniusness" and not genuineness.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ

Okay. There ARE errors in my survey tho. Q8 should have "an" instead of "and", and the most important error,
    Questions of the form "Character players are mostly found in the X category as opposed to Y." may rendered almost useless, if people ignore that question - in that case, "not answer Z" can't be used to imply "not Z". It's really my fault, but .. it's only part of the survey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think a "real true self" exists.
    When at school I define myself as a teacher and I act as a teacher and I'm more a teacher than anywhere else.
    When writing, I define myself as an amateur writer, I act as an amateur writer and I'm more of a writer than anywhere else.
    On this forum, I define myself as an ENTP, I act as an ENTP and I'm more of an ENTP than anywhere else.

What's wrong with that?

Should I question myself and doubt whether I'm a real teacher (writer, ENTP) or just someone pretending to be a teacher (writer, ENTP)? I teach. I feel good while teaching. I'm happy when students understand new things because of me. That MAKES me a teacher, doesn't it? Two years ago, I wasn't a teacher. Now I am.

I don't care whether people on this forum are playing roles or not. To me, that's a part of being yourself - a lot of roles to act. Some of them fit you better than others. Experiment with them and keep the ones that seem to fit you.
    I use this forum to understand more about MBTI and character creating. It's all fun and games to me - and if, along the way, I answer people's questions and help them, that's all the better.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ

Thinking of myself as an ENTP for quite some time, I asked the same questions as you, and I ended up with the same answers. That ENTP-like versatility seems true in a sense, that interactions with such a person seem meaningful. That is not to be said of all kinds of acting, fakes and such - perhaps most of the other types have flawed idea of what it means to be another person, and their attempts fail.

I'm not really looking for some idealistically derived idea of "true", but I'm rather worried about my perception that some people's characters are perfect, hard and shallow, or some other annoying and unrealistic combination of traits, and the interaction with them does not seem meaningful. The problem is more of the quality of interaction; descriptions "true", "fake", and "acting" are attempts to describe the phenomenon.

It might be that some persons have even less sense of interaction than me, and they're trying to learn to present themselves. As a school teacher, I'm sure you will subscribe to the fact that some people's definition of "personality" is "acting out". Any loudmouths in the class who make themselves the best in anything? Any quiet ones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Oh i misread, sorry. I honestly though it said "geniusness" and not genuineness.
    So did I. It takes skill to invent words to misread real words as.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Thinking of myself as an ENTP for quite some time..
    What?! And I've looked at you as my very first realistic ENTJ example! If you aren't an ENTJ I'm back to square one for my MBTI understanding... Sigh.

Okay... answering the questions now. There are a bunch of different people in my classes. I'm really bad at reading people. To me, "acting out to hide a sensitive heart" or "acting out because you like the attention" looks just the same and I'll respond the same to it. Probably not the best way to interact with a class, but it's the best I can do... for now.
    I'm getting better at teaching by experience. I guess, in function language, my Fe is getting a workout

Acting a teacher, I've become a teacher. I'm still developing in that way. Why not? If you looked at me last year, you'd probably think I was a theoretical physicist acting a teacher's role... You can grow in a role and become the thing you act. It's also possible you realise you'll never grow in a role and it will never fit you.

Now I'm trying to become a writer... by writing.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women