• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes someone likable?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think armored plates on a cute animal makes them likable. :)

samIam

MBTI Type
ENTP
That just doesn't work.

It would work if you are already likable.

I don't think this question can really be answered in a definitive way. Even if you could it would be very difficult to change your personality to fit into some idealistic mold. End the end you come off as disingenuous which is a trait many people don't like.

So you might as well just be yourself.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I think if you are:

1. very honest about yourself (assuming you have any kind of self-awareness)
2. unable to take yourself too seriously
3. able to enjoy giving as well as receiving a lot of teasing

then I will probably like you.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think if you are:

1. very honest about yourself (assuming you have any kind of self-awareness)
2. unable to take yourself too seriously
3. able to enjoy giving as well as receiving a lot of teasing

then I will probably like you.

Oh you sassy old guys! :D

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Aren't the SPs the most likeable? They seem to have that fun-loving personality that makes people want to be around them. They're accepting of others. Typically they know what's "cool" or "in style".

It's befuddling to me. I have 2 ISTPs in my family and people might think they're extraverts because they do get along with people so well, but they just have a knowledge of the unwritten social laws, and are easily liked by many people.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting find, Use!

Side note: A link about artificial snot in electronic noses. Hmm.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Self-expression always seems to gain my admiration the fastest...

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
People who attract me are the ones that have the same intrest as me. Like the things I do and can add on to my interests. Whoever pushes my buttons right is my friend, because that tells me that they know me. And if I can do the same, then we're a pair. :D

I can't have the same person over and over again, though. Everyone in my little group of friends is different, way different. They all effect me in different ways. It nice.

(ISFJ) I have a helpful friend: Very generous, and caring...yet she hates people on the inside. She sticks with the people she's comfortable with and hates the INTJ types for no particular reason. Makes you feel comfortable and can become rash and impulsive on cue. (Unique, in that comfortable way:) )

(ENTP)I have an outgoing friend: Awesome with conversations and good at opening you up. Loves to go outside and hates to stay in the house longer than needed. Strives for the impossible, and is stuck in the clouds, yet she is best when she hits the ground.:rolleyes:

(INTP)I have a brilliant friend: Unbeleivable and very private. You wouldnt believe a person had a mind like this. Strange and different from the others. Has a good insight on what people do and how they effect people as a whole. Firm opinion but open to change ones mind. Laid back and easy to hang with.:D

I have a friend for every occasion.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
So like a swiss-army circle of friends, that must be convenient

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
So like a swiss-army circle of friends, that must be convenient

:rofl1:

sense of humour, whatever the type of person, I've always found more engaging if they're able to laugh at others and themselves.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
hopefully more at others, and if not, at least a sense of shame

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
A sense of compassion is attractive. That's a notch above likeable to me. :yes:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
that's actually rather interesting!- and makes me wonder what that would say about people with hardly any sense of smell (like me!) :cry:

plus- the picture of the puppy that comes with the article is downright adorable! :wubbie:

I find it very hard to believe that a faint smell that we don't even consciously notice affects how we choose friends. How can a claim like this be supported when compared to something like coffee? I love the smell of coffee, yet the smell does not represent the taste. I don't hate the taste of coffee but it's definitely not comparable to the smell. That smell/taste is very strong, so how can a smell that we don't even realize we are smelling attract us to someone?

I call BS.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
It's subconscious. Unless you can give every reason behind everything you find yourself liking in people, then it's likely that at least some of it is subconscious.