User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Confidence + modesty
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I can't really pinpoint what makes someone likable to me, its just a sense I quickly get. A lot of people that seem warm and friendly have an instant positive effect on me, but its not always a quantifiable "warm and friendly" of smiling and cheerful, sometimes its more like an aura I feel rather than some behavior I can observe and point to. As an example, I can sometimes look at someone that everyone else sees as "the grouch" and just sense an aura of warmth that is behind the mask they show everyone else and find them likable, and those impressions are nearly always validated over time, so if/when I get a strong initial impression about someone I've learned to trust it even if I can't clearly explain why.

If someone does not make a strong impression on me, things like a visible sense of curiosity (openminded and wanting to learn new things or experiment with existing things/ideas), subtle and creative use of language (nuance), enthusiasim for any shared interest or a sense of humor that either demonstrates wit, intellect or creativity/originality (I'm particularily fond of dark cynical humor that requires some though to understand) do go along way toward winning me over. Of course finding somoene that seems to think like me also makes someoen likable to me too but thats another "just a feeling" sort of thing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Protean, you really go for the humdingers.

Every human being alive has their own individual criteria. There are aggregates, but that's all. What one person appreciates, another may despise. What said two people appreciate and despise, respectively, may very well be the same personality trait. One man's confident is another's cocky. One man's kind is another's sappy.

So here's what being an iNtuitive will net you: in the end I have, through rigorous thought and reflection, arrived at what every after school special will tell you: there's no accounting for taste, so to hell with it. To the extent that it doesn't hamper other people's self-being, Just Be Yourself.

MBTI
    ENTP

sensible
    not annoying
    amusing
    if not amusing, kind
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    GONE

There are lots of common things people are drawn to that ARE mutually exclusive. Like being mysterious, reserved and 'hard to get' can attract someone. And that same person will also be attracted to someone else who is really larger than life and forthcoming and honest.

Generally you want to be around people who 1) make you feel good about yourself 2) seem to 'know where it's at' either style wise, information wise, gossip wise, etc. 3) validate you. 4) pique your interest

The above 4 can cover A LOT of ground.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I like most people.

And so, to be 'likeable', all you have to be is not annoying and clingy. Clinginess is pretty much one of the only things that will make me avoid you. But those I've categorised as annoying initially have, in many cases, won me over as I've gotten to know them better.

ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

Generally you want to be around people who 1) make you feel good about yourself 2) seem to 'know where it's at' either style wise, information wise, gossip wise, etc. 3) validate you. 4) pique your interest

The above 4 can cover A LOT of ground.
    I don't know/care about 2 or 3, but I think 1 and 4 would be sufficient.
    I don't wanna!

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Sense of Humor
    Joy
    Easy going
    Personality and Flair
    Unusual
    Don't take themselves too seriously
    Humility
    Someone who builds people up
    Inclusive

Must get either Seinfeld, Monty Python and The Holy Grail or Simpson's references. That is actually very important,lol. I refuse to awknowledge anyone who does'nt,lol. Okay maybe not that far- but in my head I'm saying yeah It's actually that far, but I wouldn't want to admit such a jerky thing like that out loud,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Confidence + modesty
    An INTJ trait.

Home sweet home, eh?

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually the stuff I said here is way too ambitious and demanding for me to just think of someone as 'likeable'. If someone had all those qualities I'd think they were totally awesome and want to be their best buddy.

To be just likeable though, I suppose polite and friendly are enough, for me.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen