User Tag List

First 12

Thread: WTF

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

i'LL rEFER tHE hONORABLE pERSON tO Peguy's pREVIOUS sTATEMENT : ass fart shit nipplie cock :P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Samskara in Buddhism short and sweet -

Everything we like to everything we dislike are short term or long term Subconscious mental conditionings due to our desires and dislikes picked up by the 5 senses (mind included).

Therefore these form the 5 aggregates.

And the 5 aggregates are called the aggregates of clinging.

Why?

Because we cling to them without even knowing that we do.

It is also explained in Buddhism that these 5 aggregates form our personalities. If we learn to be mindful of ourselves (deep level of introspection which is called Vipassana) we begin to realize that our likes or dislikes are actually not permanent. That they are ever so changing.

One day you like this, the next day you are bored with it and the next day you hate it, etc

We also begin to realize that our negative and positive emotions are only temporary. We begin to slowly lose our die hard bonds with these emotions (which is inevitable if you keep on seeing things as temporary).

We slowly begin to see things the way they are
    On the contrary, everything is infinite. We learn to comply with time. Time has us pawned.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    On the contrary, everything is infinite. We learn to comply with time. Time has us pawned.
    Boom!

That is your interpretation of reality.
    And I am sure most people would agree with you than with Buddha.

That was not sarcasm. That is true, most people would rather agree with that comment than with that of Buddha's.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Boom!

That is your interpretation of reality.
    And I am sure most people would agree with you than with Buddha.

That was not sarcasm. That is true, most people would rather agree with that comment than with that of Buddha's.
    Maybe so but it is true none the less. Everything has its time span. Not just humans, but thoughts, actions, ideas, the world, life. Some time spans out live others. We are not the standard.

To get back to the op, responding too quickly to a perceived threat is, "I have known this is bad." Therefore it should be treated as such.

Will get back.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Ugh don't know how to say this right. [...]
    eh just a thought.
    Could you provide at least one clear-cut assumption you'd like to have discussed or a question you'd like to have answered? So far it remains rather vague what you're trying to get at, but I'll give it a try:

I have this thing about standards for what is offensive. What is wrong ? To me sensitivity, empathy, implies that people are themselves familiar with the fact that judgments exist.
    Is it that you're pissed off by the fact that some people complain about other people passing judgments onto them?
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 12-19-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Redundant word.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

ThatGirl

No, only that people believe their judgments are what others are representing.

MBTI
    INTj

Several posts moved to the following location:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...jag-jokes.html
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight