• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Imagine yourself as another type

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Suddenly, your preferences are set, for life, to some random combination of preferences. This is all psychological: all else stays the same. Describe how you would feel, and what you would do.

If you don't know how to pick a type at RANDOM, do this:
1) choose any type you damn please.. anything.. no matter
2) throw coins 4 times to change any of the 4 preferences.. one coin throw to change I/E, if u wish, one to change N/S, one to change F/T, one for P/J. it's 50% chance to chance any preference .. so you'll end up with any random type, given a fair coin.

So, what you'd do, how you'd feel? give an essay response if you so feel.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I used the "flip a coin 4 times technique" with heads being "E-S-T-J" and tails being "I-N-F-P" and ended up getting ESFP.

ESFPs that i've met IRL are very fun people. There have been certain social situations where i've acted like an ESFP and it lightened the tension in the atmosphere. The ESFPs that i know may act spontaneously almost all the time, but once they find something or someone likable, they are very loyal. My ESFP grandfather has been married to my ISFJ grandmother for 56 years... going to visit them is almost like watching a sitcom.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am other types on a daily basis.

I'ld like to try out infp, because to get an idea about how getting an idea works in a Fi-Ne combo

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
2) throw coins 4 times to change any of the 4 preferences.. one coin throw to change I/E, if u wish, one to change N/S, one to change F/T, one for P/J. it's 50% chance to chance any preference .. so you'll end up with any random type, given a fair coin.

Haha, I did this just now. Got INTJ. Not a far cry from what I am (if you put aside the huge Ni/Si divide).

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
And the coin flipper says:
ISTP

Trying to figure out if my asshole rating just went up or down.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
My coin made me an ENFJ.

The last school day has ended, Christmas holiday has just begun. There's a lot going on at the school... digitalizing the communication and restructuring the second and third grades. I'm totally on it - all students at one campus regardless their study choices. Integration is the key, this will create more understanding between the students. Studies have showed the weaker students profit from being in a class together with strong students. The strong students have a drawback, true, but that is less than the positive effect on the weak ones. That way, we'll be able to create equal chances for everyone. Most of the teachers are against, of course, because it's easier to teach homogenous classes. They just don't care about equality between the students!

Whew. Was this an ENFJ?

Just to inform you - while I'm all okay with all students on one campus, I'm against too mixed classes. Not only because they are harder to teach, actually because I've been in them as a student - on both the weak and the strong side. As a weak student, I was frustrated because the teacher seemed to teach only the strong ones. As a strong student, I was frustrated because the lessons were way to slow and without any challenges. In both situations not a lot of knowledge was transferred. Moreover, I don't think mixed classes create more understanding between students of different abilities.
But I guess ENFJ!Tamske would not let herself stop by those petty practical problems...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJ. I'm not so far off being an INFJ. Just give me a bit of Fe and Ti and there you have it. I've been mistaken twice for being an INFJ too.

Second try.
ENFP... No.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
My coin made me an ENFJ.

The last school day has ended, Christmas holiday has just begun. There's a lot going on at the school... digitalizing the communication and restructuring the second and third grades. I'm totally on it - all students at one campus regardless their study choices. Integration is the key, this will create more understanding between the students. Studies have showed the weaker students profit from being in a class together with strong students. The strong students have a drawback, true, but that is less than the positive effect on the weak ones. That way, we'll be able to create equal chances for everyone. Most of the teachers are against, of course, because it's easier to teach homogenous classes. They just don't care about equality between the students!

Whew. Was this an ENFJ?

Just to inform you - while I'm all okay with all students on one campus, I'm against too mixed classes. Not only because they are harder to teach, actually because I've been in them as a student - on both the weak and the strong side. As a weak student, I was frustrated because the teacher seemed to teach only the strong ones. As a strong student, I was frustrated because the lessons were way to slow and without any challenges. In both situations not a lot of knowledge was transferred. Moreover, I don't think mixed classes create more understanding between students of different abilities.
But I guess ENFJ!Tamske would not let herself stop by those petty practical problems...

I would definitely say that is ENFJ in theory (you hit the "fairness for all on the head"), but it definitely doesn't line up with my personal views. I am all for segrigating students based on skill level for the same reasons you state becuase in my mind that gives the students the best chance at success. I actually have a friend who is in charge of special needs children for the school district and they put profoundly disabled children in the same classes as "regular" students. The disabled children struggle and are often ignored becuase the teachers can't dedicate enough time to them and the "regular" students suffer becuase of the amount of time (which is not enough) being spent on the disabled child. We won't even get into the social ramifications for the disabled child. Seems like a loose-loose situation to me. But someone decided this was the best thing to be "fair" to all children...it may have been an ENFJ :) However, it I could not disagree more.:thumbdown: Of course I am a designer so what the hell do I know about how to teach children :D

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
First I defined which side of the coin would mean what and started throwing ...... and ended with INTJ. :rolleyes:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I know that I am over analysing the subject but how can YOU be a different type ?

If you are a different type that means that you are no longer you what would mean that standards by with you judge would no longer be there.

Example: You can hate ESTP but if something turns you into a ESTP the chance that you would be happy/unhappy with yourself is high as the chance ESTPs have with being happy with themselves. (if we simplfy)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mmm... if my personality wasn't that which I have and have developed I don't really think that I would still be me, so the answer's no, sorry :)

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I tested as an ENTJ all the way till around the mid- freshman year of high school... and now I'm just ME.

I'm just me
Can't you see
I'm just a pretty little bumble bee

My way of thinking is no doubt different... But maybe it was just because middle school sucked and that was how I coped... Because I was a VERY ENP child.

In the Spirit of the thread...

I'm an INTJ... and I have a stick up my ass.
I'm an INTP... and that may sound like a lot of fun, but meh... it was fun to think about.
I'm an ENTJ... and in... uh... middle school?

ha ha that was somewhat fun.

Dooraven

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
I can picture my self as being an ISTJ , an ISTP or an INTJ due to my extremely odd combo of process preferences. ENTP might be able as well since I love debating.

Though the only "Adventure" I would seek out if I were an ISTP will be in videogames.

Really doubt a Feeler

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I would definitely say that is ENFJ in theory (you hit the "fairness for all on the head"), but it definitely doesn't line up with my personal views. I am all for segrigating students based on skill level for the same reasons you state becuase in my mind that gives the students the best chance at success. I actually have a friend who is in charge of special needs children for the school district and they put profoundly disabled children in the same classes as "regular" students. The disabled children struggle and are often ignored becuase the teachers can't dedicate enough time to them and the "regular" students suffer becuase of the amount of time (which is not enough) being spent on the disabled child. We won't even get into the social ramifications for the disabled child. Seems like a loose-loose situation to me. But someone decided this was the best thing to be "fair" to all children...it may have been an ENFJ :) However, it I could not disagree more.:thumbdown: Of course I am a designer so what the hell do I know about how to teach children :D

Don't worry. I know personality doesn't dictate your opinions. It's perfectly possible to voice my own opinions about the matter in an ENFJ way. Only I found it easier to use the opinion I didn't share.
I never believed something like "every ENFJ thinks that way"... My opinion of the ENFJ type is higher than that.

mmm... if my personality wasn't that which I have and have developed I don't really think that I would still be me, so the answer's no, sorry :)

It's not a question of wanting to be another type... just a question of trying to imagine how you would feel if you was another type. It's not easy at all, but it's a great experiment! (says the ENTP who loves to experiment :D)
My coin made me an ENFJ!! I don't have anything against ENFJs but that's probably the type I can relate the least to. It was really challenging to imagine myself as an ENFJ. That's probably also the reason why I've acted quite stereotypical. I hoped for some reactions just to broaden my knowledge about ENFJs.

Okay... I'm in for a new experiment and this time, my coin says I'm an INFP!

I'm happy and at ease now. My husband is gone to shop for groceries. I'm listening to synthesizer music and working on my novel. Villain feels so bad and guilty, I feel almost guilty because I've created him like that. He's really representing my worst and darkest thoughts... And now this bitch of an ESTJ heroine comes with her sharp logic and tactlessness to shake him apart even more and hurt him like he's never been hurt before!
I really love writing...

Er... Thanks, INFP!Tamske, for this insight in Villain's feelings... I'm going to describe him now. :run:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I got INFP.

I guess I'd accept having followed my feelings a lot in the past, even if those searches weren't "productive". I'd give even more value to all those philosophical thoughts and pursuits I had done before. Perhaps I would soon solve the question of what is life all about, in my mind, or perhaps I'd try harder for a deeper answer, and frustrate myself.

I wouldn't try finding jobs by listing job positions in order of attributes and scoring them in excel sheets anymore. I'd ask - why did I previously take into account everything but that which mattered? Yeah, that old approach might have given me the best boost in the job market, theoretically, but INFP know it better. Rather than putting yourself to the strain of the job with conflict between your values and theirs, it's better to hold your values as one the most cherished possession.

I guess becoming an INFP would put an end to my habits of being showy, as well.. I'd just want to talk about everything .. even though I would probably choose some favorite philosophies and ideas that I'd support, despite outside evidence that they aren't really that good afterall. I guess the transformation would bring a bit impracticality, as well.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm listening to synthesizer music and working on my novel. Villain feels so bad and guilty, I feel almost guilty because I've created him like that. He's really representing my worst and darkest thoughts... And now this bitch of an ESTJ heroine comes with her sharp logic and tactlessness to shake him apart even more and hurt him like he's never been hurt before!
I really love writing...

:rofl1: Good job!
I really enjoy this image of ever-so-compassionate INFPs :D But to tell the truth, I usually don't emphatize with my villains at all that much... If I want to I'm rather making them more ambiguous than purely evil from the start. I also probably wouldn't be able to create an ESTJ heroine :blush: Looking back, my best heroines have been either INFP, INFJ or INTJ (with one ENTP hero added to the mix! ;)) But probably that's just me :cheese:

Lightyear

Got ENFJ.

Well, it's almost me anyway. I would be more social, either a really amazing person or rather annoying (Despite having secondary Fe myself I find primary Fe often pretty exhausting to deal with, all this trying to coerce me through emotions, I can spot the manipulation a mile away!). I could either be a cult leader or change the world for the better by mobilising the masses. Yeah!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
:rofl1: Good job!
I really enjoy this image of ever-so-compassionate INFPs :D But to tell the truth, I usually don't emphatize with my villains at all that much... If I want to I'm rather making them more ambiguous than purely evil from the start.
Not all INFPs are the same... I guess, if you try to mimic another type, you'll get the more stereotypical one. My villain isn't really evil, either... More interesting, isn't it?
While I do emphatize with my characters, I'm not going to make it easy for them. Conflict and difficulties are the things a novel thrives on.
I also probably wouldn't be able to create an ESTJ heroine :blush: Looking back, my best heroines have been either INFP, INFJ or INTJ (with one ENTP hero added to the mix! ;)) But probably that's just me :cheese:
If every author made ESTJ mains, literature would be boring indeed... Looking back:
- ENTP main, Mary Sue, story didn't work
- INTJ and INFP mains, story didn't work
- INFP main, very flat and boring, story didn't work.
- ESTJ main (I tried the opposite of my INFP failure - even without knowing anything about MBTI, I made an ESTJ :D ), my very first novel of acceptable quality.
- ESTJ main again, work in progress :D

Got ENFJ.
Well, it's almost me anyway. I would be more social, either a really amazing person or rather annoying (Despite having secondary Fe myself I find primary Fe often pretty exhausting to deal with, all this trying to coerce me through emotions, I can spot the manipulation a mile away!). I could either be a cult leader or change the world for the better by mobilising the masses. Yeah!
I'm jealous. I'm almost blind for manipulation... You can use me for a very long time before I'll start to distrust you.

My coin made me an INFP again. Can I skip this one and toss again?
... INTJ.

I'd probably be a lot more independent and goal-oriented... I can imagine introvert but have difficulties with that judging... Okay, here I go.
I'm alone at home and a plan to accomplish! I've set a deadline on my writing. I've made an Excel file with the scenes and bolded the ones that need to be adapted. By Wednesday, my story will be internally consistent. Solitude AND a goal to work on, what would an INTJ want more?!

(This is all true... Only the deadline was set by my husband :p We want to try to get the writing going - ENTPs are supposed to be more productive when stressed, aren't they?)