• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random quirk.

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I intentionally wiggle my toes to warm them, I often inadvertedly start rubbing them against each other, even though that does not make any extra heat compared to just flapping them all at once. Same thing when I stir my tea, I almost always draw the spoon across the bottom of the cup, even though this will not produce any extra blending. Why is this? This is what I think about, and I'm not afraid of admitting it, even if this explanatory/apologistic closing might give that impression.

Maybe there is a thread for this already, then redirect me there please, otherwise please fill in with your moronic (not that you, specifically, are morons but rather that we all and this phenomenon in particular is) behaviours and quirks.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
That description reminds me of "L", my favorite character from Death Note. I think they said somewhere in that anime that such behaviors are a sign of natural genius. I think I might actually use him for my next avatar.

Anywho, some of my quirks
-I often make old man exertion noises when I sit down or get up even though I'm in my 20s.
-The way I surf the internet and do homework is by laying on my back with my knees up and crossed and with my laptop propped against my legs.
-I always apologize when I'm drunk.

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
-I often make old man exertion noises when I sit down or get up even though I'm in my 20s.

That's a bit worrying, maybe you should see a proctologist?

-I always apologize when I'm drunk.

I always speak german when I'm drunk, but not real german, more like some pseude-variant like Sweudtsch.

When figuring something out with a pen/pencil in hand I will often find myself pulling the stick through my hair in a combing fashion, even though I actually mess it up even more and create static. Maybe this is an unthought wish to look like a mad professor.

Finishing a line of thought I often say something like "Jaha"/"Mmhm"/"Mjahum", sometimes though I continue this in my mind: "Jaha-mjamen-jahum-hmmhmja-mjamm-jahm" etc, for ever! It only stops when I realise what I am actually thinking of :shock: and stop completely, but it's very addictive so I often fall back to it. Therefore I try to not say anything when finishing thoughts, but as of yet I'm not really successful. Maybe not a very outwardly visible quirk, but nontheless very disturbing. :cry:

Similar with getting an idea to visualise, then I often have to stand up, stop in my tracks, turn off all music or other disturbances (not because I will be disturbed by it, but be so absorbed by the vision that I'll miss it completely, and that'd be a waste wouldn't it, missing the song until I've gone through the entire playlist again), gaze far in the sky or if indoor just straight into the wall, stretch my back. And fire away into the dream. It's very disturbing when it happens because these responses are almost entirely automated up until the very gazing phase.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
My quirk...

I always read 3 books at a time. I can, but it's very rare for me to read one book at a time.

Punggung

MBTI Type
INTJ
LOL! At least I hope that was a joke.

Moi? Je suis sidéré et le lac aux requins.

I always read 3 books at a time. I can, but it's very rare for me to read one book at a time.

Do you mean that you read one book in full half the way then find another and read it in full and then finding another etc, and then finishing them off with full concentration on that one for the moment?

Or that you read one a bit but then read another a bit and then go back the the other and then try out a new one, and switch several times a week and never exclusively engage in one book?

I do the former.