User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    you can't eat pure wheat and quonia all the time so I eat brown rice bread sometimes and apple juice a little, only simply apple though. Not that other shit. Anything to have an effect on your body. Its about listening. Its not about eating what most people think is healthy. Food insensitivities can make it impossible to focus.
    Definitely agree that our bodies often tell us what we need.

I do eat oats, but stopped buying bread noticing all of the high fructose corn syrup in it. Even the whole grain stuff...

Which is the very same reason I avoid most fruit juice.

Sounds like you've got it down.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Definitely agree that our bodies often tell us what we need.

I do eat oats, but stopped buying bread noticing all of the high fructose corn syrup in it. Even the whole grain stuff...

Which is the very same reason I avoid most fruit juice.

Sounds like you've got it down.
    I eat the most puritanical cave man diet imaginable.

I barely eat any refined foods of any kind.
    No soda, no fruit juice, no crap breads, and only small amounts of pasta, potato, or rice, we're talkinng small.

I eat ALOT of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, beans, organic milk/cheese products every day.

I eat NOTHING from a can.

Once per week I get French Fries.

I probably drink more red wine than I should and coffee too, so sue me.

I exercise all the time.

Guess what?

I still have major attention issues and horrible procrastinating tendencies.

Now what? Thoughts?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Off to boot camp wit' u mista!

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I really like NOT having ADD.

MBTI
    entp

the hard part is when it comes to structured learning...school and university. the application of the learning (later on in life) actually benefits (or thats what i think) with OCD and AD(H)D

i cant wait to be fucking done undergrad so i can do what i want how i want.

thought stuff like this is no excuse for lack of discipline. we are what we make of ourselves

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Off to boot camp wit' u mista!
    Noooooooooo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    the hard part is when it comes to structured learning...school and university. the application of the learning (later on in life) actually benefits (or thats what i think) with OCD and AD(H)D

i cant wait to be fucking done undergrad so i can do what i want how i want.

thought stuff like this is no excuse for lack of discipline. we are what we make of ourselves
    Yes, applying knowledge (that so damn fu*$ing hard to learn in the first place!) is the fun part. That is part of the gift, being bale to abstract things, make prior knowledge relevant, be creative and positive despite immediate limitations, that is the good part, that is where we shine. Point us at a problem and allow us to approach it our way and it is toast. Constrain us to doing it somebody else's way will kill our efficacy. I always ask my bosses: "Please tell me what you need done, and let me decide how to do it." Once they realize I meet or exceed their expectations all the time they are fine with it. You have to ask for flexibility from some people, and others will give it to you by default.

I agree with you, we are what we make of ourselves. I have never used ADHD/OCD/or anything for the matter as a crutch. I am blessed being made as I am, and will always make the most of it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Nescio View Post
    There is discrimination against those with ADD.

You can't blame those who don't believe in its existence. ADD DOES sound like the perfect excuse for someone who is lazy. (which is a common lable for with people ADD)

And you can't blame people for thinking people with ADD must be mentally retarded. It IS considered to be a learning disability.

As a result, I wouldn't dare to include such a thing on any written application.
    (like my college apps)

I believe there are a lot of good things that have come from my being ADD.
    But obviously there are obstacles.

Part of becoming sucessful despite such obstacles is learning how work around things that can't be "fixed."

What I would like to happen in this thread is a sharing of experiences with ADD and hopefully lessons learned. How to better manage.
    I once heard someone say that Einstein was ADD.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I always ask my bosses: "Please tell me what you need done, and let me decide how to do it." Once they realize I meet or exceed their expectations all the time they are fine with it. You have to ask for flexibility from some people, and others will give it to you by default.
    Legit