User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Searching the first person who doesn't want to be better than an ENTJ

Report yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

If you think I'm cocky, think of all the non-ENTJ who initiate this topic over and over again in random contexts, and you see what I mean.

I partly say this 'cos some types seem to evoke competition, even if they just stood silent. I just wrote a piece where I think I'll win an ESTP. I wouldn't have written it with the same emphasis of any other type. Probably the type caught my attention in this.

I read similarly written pieces about ENTJ now and then, people telling how they can really win ENTJ, ENTJ are not that powerful, etc. etc. Even without any ENTJs to start with.

So, those are two types, I guess, that draw this kind of attention. It's not really that obvious but not that weird either.

Do you think this defensiveness is a response to the real, or perceived competitiveness of these types?

Edit: clarification - I'm not seeking this to be a brag-fest, the provocative title was for emphasis. I'm really more interested of the phenomenon on comparing to certain types of people in certain attributes, rather than promoting myself or my type. I'm interested of the idea of whether or not people feel they have to "stand up to" ENTJ, and what joy, if any, do they feel in winning/being better to ENTJ, specifically, and WHY. The title was chosen to illustrate idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

First!

No, I don't want to be better than an ENTJ. I only am!
    (Last sentence = just kidding.)

I envy every J for getting the work done. Really.

As for ENTJ specifically... You are a challenge, guys. I'm (again) talking from an amateur writer's perspective. I've created already quite a few interesting ESTJ characters. I've made an rather interesting INTJ and an okay INTP. One of the best, most appealing characters in my new writing project is an INFP. Another nice one is ISFJ.
    But ENTJs... How can you make an ENTJ without him being too perfect (like Stach in King of Katoren) or an overconfident villain dictator?
    It's a challenge. An inspiring one. Most of my writing ideas come from things I want to do better. Probably my novel will not be better than (insert fantasy story), but at least the magic follows physics laws and there are no prophecies in it. Probably my characters will not be better than the ones in (insert novel) but at least Main isn't moping and contemplating her navel the whole time.

I'm interested of the idea of whether or not people feel they have to "stand up to" ENTJ,
    I like this. You're not seeking compliments, but information. Here's my answer.

I guess most of that one-upmanship comes from jealousy or uncertainty. It's a defence mechanism. I do that too - "but I am good at...". Now I'm thinking it's a general thing - not only (insert type) versus ENTJ, but also eg. physicists versus mathematician or engineer.
    To me, being able to stand up to ENTJ (or another type) is just a means to be happy with myself. I don't want to be an ENTP because they are "better" or anything. I want to be an ENTP because... well, that's what I am! ENTP is better for me. Subjectively. Objectively, at the other hand... any type is interesting.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Second.

I don't want to be better than ENTJ's. I have better things to do with my life. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Not so much better as I wanna have fun challenging one another in some word play. It's very fun to do that with you guys. On the whole though, I prefer being complimentary with NTJs, the old 'divide and conquer'
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Report yourself.
    For some reason you remind me of INTJ123.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, I don't think I've met any ENTJs so I can't say, but I do get defensive around ETPs. An ENTP likes to aggressively discuss things (beyond the point where I actually care about the debate.) Somw ENTPs just have a vibe where they'll just shoot down most of what I say, which is worse.

ESTPs can be fun when I have the energy to keep up with them and we have a common goal, but when it's head-to-head I just can't stand up to their competitiveness for long. And they just have more SKILLS than me! :steam: ()

Best I can do is laugh at myself and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    For some reason you remind me of INTJ123.
    And?
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I guess most of that one-upmanship comes from jealousy or uncertainty. It's a defence mechanism. I do that too - "but I am good at...". Now I'm thinking it's a general thing - not only (insert type) versus ENTJ, but also eg. physicists versus mathematician or engineer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Well, I don't think I've met any ENTJs so I can't say, but I do get defensive around ETPs. An ENTP likes to aggressively discuss things (beyond the point where I actually care about the debate.) Somw ENTPs just have a vibe where they'll just shoot down most of what I say, which is worse.

ESTPs can be fun when I have the energy to keep up with them and we have a common goal, but when it's head-to-head I just can't stand up to their competitiveness for long. And they just have more SKILLS than me! :steam: ()
    I rest my case.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    I

Define 'better'.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I kinda want to be better than everyone at everything, so their MBTI type is pretty incidental.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"