• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Searching the first person who doesn't want to be better than an ENTJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're afraid of retaliations aren't you?

No. Not usually. I just didn't want to be mean.

My definition of "better" is probably different from what the OP meant, anyhoo.:smile:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
No, I don't mean to define any particular kind of "better".. I'm trying to think from the perspective of people who use the word, or otherwise enforce the concept.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Okay, I understand the idea that any type can be a worthy target to be won, like winning someone's boss, mother, business partner, argument with a police officer, etc.. but perhaps the type distribution is too wide in all of those to get the focus on any one type. Has there been a focus on ENTJ in this respect - not sure, but it somewhat feels that way. It's okay too, just interesting.

Is it just my POV, or has the focus of contests moved from INTx to xNTP to xNTJ during the last two years? I mean, usually some type is greatly talked about in terms of superiority, "pwning" and stuff like that. I think I participated mostly on the ENTP's side at a time, tho I've tried to stay more neutral for now. I'm hardly succeeding.

Of course, there's the "coolness" race of xSTP and ISFP. Perhaps ESFP of artisans, too, but I haven't noticed.

SJ's are more trying to just live and participate in here, or so it seems.

NF's don't seem to get in this kind of game, though they do talk of who's the best etc. That kind of stuff goes relatively unresponded, though. Perhaps they realize there's nothing to gain or lose. One's superiority can't be authoritatively decided on a message board - the life is elsewhere, and the board isn't a particularly good place for that.

Who said that only xNTJ care of who's the best? I'd almost say that's correct. INTP's seemed to care a lot of it a while back. Some ENTP & INTJ seem to try getting their message through.. they're great people, many of them, so no wonder. Stereotypes have to be fought. Having one type as "the" winning type is too dull of a concept to be allowed to spread uncontested.

RicPTmc

MBTI Type
DNA
Instinctual Variant
sx
Report yourself.

Posts like this reflect the inferiority and self judgment that beings create within themselves, and later project on others.

Only someone that judges himself as inferior, feels NEEDs to be percieved by others as superior.

Its common sense, isn't it?

This is unconsciously and prominently used by consciousness, to generate energy among human beings. And further delay the TRUE self-realization of Equality.

Polarity!!!

War and love, Superiority and Inferiority, GOD vs slave.

If there is no energy all are equal.

Energy as the climate change is indicating - as mirror of the participation of man in energy - means death.

Once again the mind is programmed to see in reverse, regardless of what the world reflects back to man he always sees as not being responsible.

Someone else IS, not man! So if man IS NOT, means he does not exist.
Law of attraction works perfectly.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL @ the original post...

Not in the least bit interested in beign better than an ENTJ, I don't really rate them that highly....

it all depends on what you hold up to be worthy - for me the people I hold in great esteem are people who hare kind and compasionate... or people who excell against all odds to be all the can be. Typically (and I wouldn't say exclusively).... ENTJ's wouldn't tick either of those boxes.... I really can't see ye old average ENTJ going a million miles out tehir way to be compassionate and kind to people... and the types of excelling against the odds - is more the hall mark of people who have had to work increadibly hard to get by/just break even.... that type of person who inspires me... ENTJs typically don't need to work that hard to acheive.

As for ENTJs - when they get into bulldozer mode, I feel a need to stand my ground to the point of sheer pig headedness. I loathe being steam rollered, they often appear to lack respect for different perspectives and almost insist you agree with them - which if I'm strong in my opinion is never goign to happen, I don't really need them to agree with me, but dont' try and make me think the same way they do.

I also not to keen on increadibly agressive types who again seem to be rather volatile, of which I've come across a few ENTJ's (although absolutle NOT all).... I'll avoid those tpes totally), ......................and then there are the ENTJs who are arogant, I'm on a pedistal, I sulk my own dick types - who I can't be bothered with. In the main , I like ENTJs, I enjoy the intellectual banter but not when they turn into jerks.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sigh.
Why is it so difficult to understand each other on a forum? I'm seeing lots of different reactions... they scatter in every direction!

@ Santtu: let me try to reformulate your question. It's my method of understanding things...
"Do you feel as if you've got to hold your ground against the ENTJs you know? Do you feel the need to prove that you're better than them, and if yes, why? In which aspect do you think you're better and why? If you don't feel the need to prove you're better, why not?"

And now I'm going to try to answer without making the generalisation I made in my first answer.

I don't really feel the need to hold my ground against anybody. Probably that's because I'm quite self-confident. When I compare myself with the ENTJs (what I do, because it's interesting), I will see some similarities and a lot of differences. And those differences - well, they make life interesting, don't they? I'm inferior to them because I've got all this unfinished projects and they seem to get ahead while I get anywhere but ahead. I'm better than them because I can easily adapt and improvise. It all evens out in the end and I'm happy to know some interesting people :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't compare myself to ENTJ's. Why? They're basically me extroverted. They do get into that steamrolling mode and then I just tell them to relax because they look like an asshole and that's only if I feel like expending the energy to care about what they're doing. Or their yelling is giving me a headache. Otherwise I see it as every type reads what it wants to read here and answers accordingly. The ones who start the threads have their reasons just like anyone else. I see competitiveness here from ENTJ's (and other types) but I keep in mind, they are usually young-ish and will eventually mellow.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You people who "don't think you're better than ENTJ, because you're better so you don't have to think of it as a challenge", do you write about your superiority anyway?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You people who "don't think you're better than ENTJ, because you're better so you don't have to think of it as a challenge", do you write about your superiority anyway?

You really do think in terms of superiority, not everyone else does.... everything is not a contest.... hence for a lot of people there is no superiority.

If you look at the film Educating Rita, when Rita has been down the pub with her family when they all started singing to a tune on the jukebox, later when she meets with Mike to talk.... she says to him "there has to be better songs to sing"......

Mike replies.......... "not better, just different"

ENTJ's are just different, and they are not better than anyone else. Everyone scales differently on different qualities so the very question is pretty nonsensical.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Not so much better as I wanna have fun challenging one another in some word play. It's very fun to do that with you guys.
Nice. Thanks! I think we enjoy some word play, but like to keep the standards up, almost all the time. This is why we might not be the last one to speak - that might more probably be an SP on a personal over-the-top bragfest.

First! :hi:
But ENTJs... How can you make an ENTJ without him being too perfect (like Stach in King of Katoren) or an overconfident villain dictator?

I like this. You're not seeking compliments, but information. Here's my answer.

I guess most of that one-upmanship -- -- it's a general thing - not only (insert type) versus ENTJ, but also eg. physicists versus mathematician or engineer.

To me, being able to stand up to ENTJ (or another type) is just a means to be happy with myself.
Okay. Good post! Well, 1), I think we can discuss a neutral ENTJ in the "balanced type" thread.

2) Yes.
3) I hear stuff about professional competitiveness as well. Yes, it's independent of type.
4) I like to be able to stand up to my greatest competitors as well. I'm usually happiest to see that we're equal, we have our style, and we play in the same playgrounds.
Well, I don't think I've met any ENTJs so I can't say, but I do get defensive around ETPs.

Best I can do is laugh at myself and carry on.
1) Me too, if they do too much of an over-the-top thing of themselves.

2) Yeah, me too.

I kinda want to be better than everyone at everything, so their MBTI type is pretty incidental.
I have much of that. I think it's decreasing, and I find joy in being bad in something, not having to had learn the thing, and handing over the "title of superiority" of the thing gracefully to another person. That is so cool.

Second. :(

I don't want to be better than ENTJ's. I have better things to do with my life. :p
That's a very good answer. The thing is, I might feel "better" to someone like you at other time, worse to you at another - but I would concentrate mostly on the "better" part. Knowing that it's my focus of concentration, not the fact, I wouldn't probably try to be "better" than you as much as I might appear.

I will proudly hand the "better" title to an ENTJ any day.
I've thought about the "status" vs "experience" thing a lot. I think there's the kind of division as you said. I'm not sure if you care to know, but I have great fun, mostly being quite quietly content with myself and my situation, but I do work a lot and postpone my moments of fun a lot, too. All in all, I'm happy and free, but I think the "preparedness for crisis" thing eats a slight part of my fun. Very miniscule part though. I'm no ISTJ.

I can't know if I have more fun than you, really. Or, what's the comparison with our types, in average.

I think I've learned fun and happiness in life from thinking about your type, and types close to you. I think it's a valuable lesson.

Newsflash, btw, only entjs and intjs want to be 'better than an entj', other people just don't give a damn and people like me are happy to see you guys do most of the job for us.
It's for your own good really, it makes your pelt shine and your eyes livier or something.
All NT's, in my opinion, and ESTP, too. ENFP, I'd say, too.

I think many of the ENTJ's were happy at the beginning of the ENTJ image improving campaign 1.5 years ago .. but most of us, if not all of us, stepped back from it seeing how it went. We got the great image alright, but I think we collectively felt that something was lacking.

I think ENTJs just understand where they're good and where they're not, and the kind of attention we got was too much.. most of all, the recognition of the superiority of one kind in situation X wasn't helpful, so I guess the ENTJ's just decided to be cool, and forget any superiority. It was too heated, and didn't work well to aid us in understanding of type.

I find it most intriguing that you think you have more fun every day of your life :newwink:
Ye!

I am already better than an ENTJ.

ha ha ...J/K :D
:D

I am better than ENTJs.

ENTJs are better than me.

It's all relative. :D
True.

I'm highly competitive because I love a challenge.

But I couldn't care less about MBTI ENTJ type per say.

IRL the less healthy ones often don't mesh well with my personality because they don't care about people's feelings/understanding.
Might be. I think most of the ENTJs want to divorce themselves from the bragging, young ENTJ types.

You're afraid of retaliations aren't you?

No. Not usually. I just didn't want to be mean.

My definition of "better" is probably different from what the OP meant, anyhoo.:smile:
No definition from me.

I don't compare myself to ENTJ's. Why? They're basically me extroverted.
--
I see competitiveness here from ENTJ's (and other types) but I keep in mind, they are usually young-ish and will eventually mellow.
I've thought most of the INTJs want to tell they're better, usually by the virtue of their independence. ENTJ are independent too, and their extraversion doesn't detract much from that.
I usually love and admire INTJs, and don't try to be better than them, either.

As said, it's good for some harsh, young ENTJ to mellow down. They would give bad name for the type of ENTJ.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Nice. Thanks! I think we enjoy some word play, but like to keep the standards up, almost all the time. This is why we might not be the last one to speak - that might more probably be an SP on a personal over-the-top bragfest.

Okay. Good post! Well, 1), I think we can discuss a neutral ENTJ in the "balanced type" thread.

2) Yes.
3) I hear stuff about professional competitiveness as well. Yes, it's independent of type.
4) I like to be able to stand up to my greatest competitors as well. I'm usually happiest to see that we're equal, we have our style, and we play in the same playgrounds.

1) Me too, if they do too much of an over-the-top thing of themselves.

2) Yeah, me too.

I have much of that. I think it's decreasing, and I find joy in being bad in something, not having to had learn the thing, and handing over the "title of superiority" of the thing gracefully to another person. That is so cool.

That's a very good answer. The thing is, I might feel "better" to someone like you at other time, worse to you at another - but I would concentrate mostly on the "better" part. Knowing that it's my focus of concentration, not the fact, I wouldn't probably try to be "better" than you as much as I might appear.

I've thought about the "status" vs "experience" thing a lot. I think there's the kind of division as you said. I'm not sure if you care to know, but I have great fun, mostly being quite quietly content with myself and my situation, but I do work a lot and postpone my moments of fun a lot, too. All in all, I'm happy and free, but I think the "preparedness for crisis" thing eats a slight part of my fun. Very miniscule part though. I'm no ISTJ.

I can't know if I have more fun than you, really. Or, what's the comparison with our types, in average.

I think I've learned fun and happiness in life from thinking about your type, and types close to you. I think it's a valuable lesson.

All NT's, in my opinion, and ESTP, too. ENFP, I'd say, too.

I think many of the ENTJ's were happy at the beginning of the ENTJ image improving campaign 1.5 years ago .. but most of us, if not all of us, stepped back from it seeing how it went. We got the great image alright, but I think we collectively felt that something was lacking.

I think ENTJs just understand where they're good and where they're not, and the kind of attention we got was too much.. most of all, the recognition of the superiority of one kind in situation X wasn't helpful, so I guess the ENTJ's just decided to be cool, and forget any superiority. It was too heated, and didn't work well to aid us in understanding of type.

Ye!

True.

Might be. I think most of the ENTJs want to divorce themselves from the bragging, young ENTJ types.

No definition from me.

I've thought most of the INTJs want to tell they're better, usually by the virtue of their independence. ENTJ are independent too, and their extraversion doesn't detract much from that.
I usually love and admire INTJs, and don't try to be better than them, either.

As said, it's good for some harsh, young ENTJ to mellow down. They would give bad name for the type of ENTJ.

My ENTJ would have approved of this line of reasoning very highly.

As for me: As long as the ENTJ respects that I am very different but have my own strengths then all is golden.

I think I posted this somewhere else, but it's worth repeating: ENTJ (or NT in general) - I don't want to be one, I only wish to be loved by one.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Who cares about being better than an ENTJ? I live to make myself better, not being better than one particular type of person.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Why should I be or want to be better than anyone else? I am what I am, and I'm completely happy and satisfied of being myself. I know that there are things and sides that I should improve in my personality, knowledge and attitude, but so it's for everybody. And personality type doesn't matter at all. Really.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
Why should I be or want to be better than anyone else? I am what I am, and I'm completely happy and satisfied of being myself. I know that there are things and sides that I should improve in my personality, knowledge and attitude, but so it's for everybody. And personality type doesn't matter at all. Really.

Love the answer

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
I usually love and admire INTJs, and don't try to be better than them, either

Like above quote

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I just think you are a fraud.

Maybe its a type thing, but opposites can never really get along with each other.

I met one really cocky entj and i really wanted to beat the shit out of him.
But I have my goals in life and i could care less.

As long as you are not standing on the way of my goals, i could care less.