• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Searching the first person who doesn't want to be better than an ENTJ

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If you think I'm cocky, think of all the non-ENTJ who initiate this topic over and over again in random contexts, and you see what I mean.

I partly say this 'cos some types seem to evoke competition, even if they just stood silent. I just wrote a piece where I think I'll win an ESTP. I wouldn't have written it with the same emphasis of any other type. Probably the type caught my attention in this.

I read similarly written pieces about ENTJ now and then, people telling how they can really win ENTJ, ENTJ are not that powerful, etc. etc. Even without any ENTJs to start with.

So, those are two types, I guess, that draw this kind of attention. It's not really that obvious but not that weird either.

Do you think this defensiveness is a response to the real, or perceived competitiveness of these types?

Edit: clarification - I'm not seeking this to be a brag-fest, the provocative title was for emphasis. I'm really more interested of the phenomenon on comparing to certain types of people in certain attributes, rather than promoting myself or my type. I'm interested of the idea of whether or not people feel they have to "stand up to" ENTJ, and what joy, if any, do they feel in winning/being better to ENTJ, specifically, and WHY. The title was chosen to illustrate idea.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
First! :hi:

No, I don't want to be better than an ENTJ. I only am!
(Last sentence = just kidding.)

I envy every J for getting the work done. Really.

As for ENTJ specifically... You are a challenge, guys. I'm (again) talking from an amateur writer's perspective. I've created already quite a few interesting ESTJ characters. I've made an rather interesting INTJ and an okay INTP. One of the best, most appealing characters in my new writing project is an INFP. Another nice one is ISFJ.
But ENTJs... How can you make an ENTJ without him being too perfect (like Stach in King of Katoren) or an overconfident villain dictator?
It's a challenge. An inspiring one. Most of my writing ideas come from things I want to do better. Probably my novel will not be better than (insert fantasy story), but at least the magic follows physics laws and there are no prophecies in it. Probably my characters will not be better than the ones in (insert novel) but at least Main isn't moping and contemplating her navel the whole time.

I'm interested of the idea of whether or not people feel they have to "stand up to" ENTJ,
I like this. You're not seeking compliments, but information. Here's my answer.

I guess most of that one-upmanship comes from jealousy or uncertainty. It's a defence mechanism. I do that too - "but I am good at...". Now I'm thinking it's a general thing - not only (insert type) versus ENTJ, but also eg. physicists versus mathematician or engineer.
To me, being able to stand up to ENTJ (or another type) is just a means to be happy with myself. I don't want to be an ENTP because they are "better" or anything. I want to be an ENTP because... well, that's what I am! ENTP is better for me. Subjectively. Objectively, at the other hand... any type is interesting.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Second. :(

I don't want to be better than ENTJ's. I have better things to do with my life. :p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not so much better as I wanna have fun challenging one another in some word play. It's very fun to do that with you guys. On the whole though, I prefer being complimentary with NTJs, the old 'divide and conquer' :)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I don't think I've met any ENTJs so I can't say, but I do get defensive around ETPs. An ENTP likes to aggressively discuss things (beyond the point where I actually care about the debate.) Somw ENTPs just have a vibe where they'll just shoot down most of what I say, which is worse.

ESTPs can be fun when I have the energy to keep up with them and we have a common goal, but when it's head-to-head I just can't stand up to their competitiveness for long. And they just have more SKILLS than me! :steam: :)D)

Best I can do is laugh at myself and carry on.

For some reason you remind me of INTJ123.

And?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess most of that one-upmanship comes from jealousy or uncertainty. It's a defence mechanism. I do that too - "but I am good at...". Now I'm thinking it's a general thing - not only (insert type) versus ENTJ, but also eg. physicists versus mathematician or engineer.

Well, I don't think I've met any ENTJs so I can't say, but I do get defensive around ETPs. An ENTP likes to aggressively discuss things (beyond the point where I actually care about the debate.) Somw ENTPs just have a vibe where they'll just shoot down most of what I say, which is worse.

ESTPs can be fun when I have the energy to keep up with them and we have a common goal, but when it's head-to-head I just can't stand up to their competitiveness for long. And they just have more SKILLS than me! :steam: :)D)

I rest my case.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I kinda want to be better than everyone at everything, so their MBTI type is pretty incidental.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't want to be better than the ENTJ,
I'm satisfied reminding them that while they are all of trying to run and rule the world and trying to become better and better at everything and never being satisfied, I get to reap the benefits of all their hard work and have fun every day of my life! I will proudly hand the "better" title to an ENTJ any day.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Newsflash, btw, only entjs and intjs want to be 'better than an entj', other people just don't give a damn and people like me are happy to see you guys do most of the job for us.
It's for your own good really, it makes your pelt shine and your eyes livier or something.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't want to be better than the ENTJ,
I'm satisfied reminding them that while they are all of trying to run and rule the world and trying to become better and better at everything and never being satisfied, I get to reap the benefits of all their hard work and have fun every day of my life! I will proudly hand the "better" title to an ENTJ any day.

I find it most intriguing that you think you have more fun every day of your life :newwink:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am already better than an ENTJ.

ha ha ...J/K :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am better than ENTJs.

ENTJs are better than me.

It's all relative. :D

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I'm highly competitive because I love a challenge.

But I couldn't care less about MBTI ENTJ type per say.

IRL the less healthy ones often don't mesh well with my personality because they don't care about people's feelings/understanding.