• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Searching the first person who doesn't want to be better than an ENTJ

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Anyway I can say that when I first came to the forum (and a lot of it was my fault) there was a lot of negative shit sent at me which was phrased in ways like "What else do you expect from an ENTJ!".

Lately that's been a lot less common.

T

ThatGirl

I don't compare myself to ENTJ's. Why? They're basically me extroverted. They do get into that steamrolling mode and then I just tell them to relax because they look like an asshole and that's only if I feel like expending the energy to care about what they're doing. Or their yelling is giving me a headache. Otherwise I see it as every type reads what it wants to read here and answers accordingly. The ones who start the threads have their reasons just like anyone else. I see competitiveness here from ENTJ's (and other types) but I keep in mind, they are usually young-ish and will eventually mellow.

I usually love and admire INTJs, and don't try to be better than them, either

Like above quote

Assuming you meant ENTJs

Being an ENTJ doesn't mean your strong, there are no more strong ENTJs than strong... say, ISFPs. They are more assertive and aggressive, but that doesn't provide intellectual or physical superiority.

I don't compare myself to types, I compare myself to people. If that person who I'm competing with happens to be an ENTJ, I tend to withdraw and base my arguments on quality > quantity. I smile a lot and act calmly, which makes them lose composure and as they struggle to strike even harder, they lose their grounds. At this point, their defeat is imminent. They're like those boxers who try to win so hard and punch so fast that they step out of the circle and get disqualified. The same strategy doesn't work on other types though.

This is why I think I get along well with INTJs

To answer the op, I absolutely want to be better than an ENTJ.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Ok. So, the conculsions are here. People do want to win the ENTJ, some - especially the INTJ, try to frame it in a story device that they "don't want that", a story device that has gotten awfully ugly by now. The INTJ's motives are strongly at suspect. People want to have a jab at the ENTJ, perhaps exerting their "coolness", skills, intellect or whatever - but they do desire to exert their thing unprovoked. Given a little provocation, they do want to exert their coolness, win, whatever, etc.. but it's obvious, very, very obvious. Perhaps the people would like to be less obvious, almost like a ninja or spy of some sorts, even though they are painfully, blatantly obvious. Perhaps the people like to blame the ENTJ for "obviousness" and lack of "tact" as well :rofl1:

I haven't seen much proof that people bashing ENTJ aren't just in the business of promoting themselves .. the style of the conversation in here is shitty, and will not get more attention from me, unless I want to punish myself in the near future. Be seeing you in some hopefully fruitful threads.

What sorry failures of a people have come here.

promoting what, you are only a fraud unless you have sufficient evidence to justify that you are not one.

Are you looking for people to respect you and treat you like a god?
i think there are people who already does this, just that you haven't notice.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyway I can say that when I first came to the forum (and a lot of it was my fault) there was a lot of negative shit sent at me which was phrased in ways like "What else do you expect from an ENTJ!".

Murkrow, can I ask, was his because of social anxiety do you think? Difficult one for a bloke to answer, but I'm curious as to why because from what I can see you are far from the only one.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think everybody in this forum loved my ENTJ-ness. Just like all the Italians love Berlusconi, I mean.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think everybody in this forum loved my ENTJ-ness. Just like all the Italians love Berlusconi, I mean.

Awe you are well loved you daft thing.... and most certainly not like Berluscioni, I had to google him.... ;)

I'd say tha vast majory of ENTJ's are - although I do wonder about the new to a goup social anxiety causing issues for some.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
1), I think we can discuss a neutral ENTJ in the "balanced type" thread.
Although the balanced ones are the best in real life, I guess they are the ones that make the bland perfect heroes in stories. I'm actually trying to describe the ENTJ faults, and remember them for later use... Flaws are interesting in fiction (though, indeed, in real life I would prefer balanced people!)

Ok. So, the conculsions are here. People do want to win the ENTJ, some - especially the INTJ, try to frame it in a story device that they "don't want that", a story device that has gotten awfully ugly by now. The INTJ's motives are strongly at suspect. People want to have a jab at the ENTJ, perhaps exerting their "coolness", skills, intellect or whatever - but they do desire to exert their thing unprovoked. Given a little provocation, they do want to exert their coolness, win, whatever, etc.. but it's obvious, very, very obvious. Perhaps the people would like to be less obvious, almost like a ninja or spy of some sorts, even though they are painfully, blatantly obvious. Perhaps the people like to blame the ENTJ for "obviousness" and lack of "tact" as well :rofl1:

I haven't seen much proof that people bashing ENTJ aren't just in the business of promoting themselves .. the style of the conversation in here is shitty, and will not get more attention from me, unless I want to punish myself in the near future. Be seeing you in some hopefully fruitful threads.

What sorry failures of a people have come here.

Here, I'm seeing impatience at people misunderstanding and not working towards his goal :D
A flaw that seems really ENTJ-ish to me!
Thank you a lot, Santtu, for adding this to my ENTJ understanding. Now the type is no longer unfruitful ground of flawless heroes and overconfident villains; but turned into a rich source of inspiration.
Someday, I will create an interesting ENTJ hero (or sidekick, or villain, or mentor...)!

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
.. because people who measure themselves in linear hierarchies as defined by others merit emulation

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kangirl, you, TG's conversion

also some softer ENTJs with disco and babs.

Oh man, I hope he understands that this forum is just a microcosm of life at large.

I am suddenly reminded of people who get drunk off of the minimal power they have in life, like the manager of a Gap, or some police officer who was constantly bullied when he was a school boy.

I think this mentality is sad and pathetic.

He's not talking about a global campaign but a campaign on this forum.

It's undeniable that the spamming of ENTJ threads by TG combined with the rise in female ENTJ presence has softened the perception of us considerably.

I think what this is evidence of is that its easier for small groups to exceed the norms of the larger population. When its only a few ENTJs, it can seem like everyone is a hard ass stereotypical ENTJ. As the group gets larger, the less its differentiated from the population's averages. What you end up with is a bell curve, with a lot more dumb and unambitious ENTJs than the original small sample may have portrayed.

Santtu is simply fighting back, trying to keep the tails of the bell curve from ruining the "exceptional outliers" status of the ENTJ. It really would and does hold for just about any type. If there were tons of INFPs on here, it would soften the view that they are all worthless, whiny dreamers.

Babylon is now an ENFJ.

unlikely.

:D
<-------------. my ENFJness is now official