User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't compare myself to ENTJ's. Why? They're basically me extroverted. They do get into that steamrolling mode and then I just tell them to relax because they look like an asshole and that's only if I feel like expending the energy to care about what they're doing. Or their yelling is giving me a headache. Otherwise I see it as every type reads what it wants to read here and answers accordingly. The ones who start the threads have their reasons just like anyone else. I see competitiveness here from ENTJ's (and other types) but I keep in mind, they are usually young-ish and will eventually mellow.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

You people who "don't think you're better than ENTJ, because you're better so you don't have to think of it as a challenge", do you write about your superiority anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    You people who "don't think you're better than ENTJ, because you're better so you don't have to think of it as a challenge", do you write about your superiority anyway?
    You really do think in terms of superiority, not everyone else does.... everything is not a contest.... hence for a lot of people there is no superiority.

If you look at the film Educating Rita, when Rita has been down the pub with her family when they all started singing to a tune on the jukebox, later when she meets with Mike to talk.... she says to him "there has to be better songs to sing"......

Mike replies.......... "not better, just different"

ENTJ's are just different, and they are not better than anyone else. Everyone scales differently on different qualities so the very question is pretty nonsensical.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Not so much better as I wanna have fun challenging one another in some word play. It's very fun to do that with you guys.
    Nice. Thanks! I think we enjoy some word play, but like to keep the standards up, almost all the time. This is why we might not be the last one to speak - that might more probably be an SP on a personal over-the-top bragfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    First!
    But ENTJs... How can you make an ENTJ without him being too perfect (like Stach in King of Katoren) or an overconfident villain dictator?

I like this. You're not seeking compliments, but information. Here's my answer.

I guess most of that one-upmanship -- -- it's a general thing - not only (insert type) versus ENTJ, but also eg. physicists versus mathematician or engineer.

To me, being able to stand up to ENTJ (or another type) is just a means to be happy with myself.
    Okay. Good post! Well, 1), I think we can discuss a neutral ENTJ in the "balanced type" thread.

2) Yes.
    3) I hear stuff about professional competitiveness as well. Yes, it's independent of type.
    4) I like to be able to stand up to my greatest competitors as well. I'm usually happiest to see that we're equal, we have our style, and we play in the same playgrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Well, I don't think I've met any ENTJs so I can't say, but I do get defensive around ETPs.

Best I can do is laugh at myself and carry on.
    1) Me too, if they do too much of an over-the-top thing of themselves.

2) Yeah, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I kinda want to be better than everyone at everything, so their MBTI type is pretty incidental.
    I have much of that. I think it's decreasing, and I find joy in being bad in something, not having to had learn the thing, and handing over the "title of superiority" of the thing gracefully to another person. That is so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Second.

I don't want to be better than ENTJ's. I have better things to do with my life. :P
    That's a very good answer. The thing is, I might feel "better" to someone like you at other time, worse to you at another - but I would concentrate mostly on the "better" part. Knowing that it's my focus of concentration, not the fact, I wouldn't probably try to be "better" than you as much as I might appear.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I will proudly hand the "better" title to an ENTJ any day.
    I've thought about the "status" vs "experience" thing a lot. I think there's the kind of division as you said. I'm not sure if you care to know, but I have great fun, mostly being quite quietly content with myself and my situation, but I do work a lot and postpone my moments of fun a lot, too. All in all, I'm happy and free, but I think the "preparedness for crisis" thing eats a slight part of my fun. Very miniscule part though. I'm no ISTJ.

I can't know if I have more fun than you, really. Or, what's the comparison with our types, in average.

I think I've learned fun and happiness in life from thinking about your type, and types close to you. I think it's a valuable lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Newsflash, btw, only entjs and intjs want to be 'better than an entj', other people just don't give a damn and people like me are happy to see you guys do most of the job for us.
    It's for your own good really, it makes your pelt shine and your eyes livier or something.
    All NT's, in my opinion, and ESTP, too. ENFP, I'd say, too.

I think many of the ENTJ's were happy at the beginning of the ENTJ image improving campaign 1.5 years ago .. but most of us, if not all of us, stepped back from it seeing how it went. We got the great image alright, but I think we collectively felt that something was lacking.

I think ENTJs just understand where they're good and where they're not, and the kind of attention we got was too much.. most of all, the recognition of the superiority of one kind in situation X wasn't helpful, so I guess the ENTJ's just decided to be cool, and forget any superiority. It was too heated, and didn't work well to aid us in understanding of type.

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I find it most intriguing that you think you have more fun every day of your life
    Ye!

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I am already better than an ENTJ.

ha ha ...J/K

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I am better than ENTJs.

ENTJs are better than me.

It's all relative.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    I'm highly competitive because I love a challenge.

But I couldn't care less about MBTI ENTJ type per say.

IRL the less healthy ones often don't mesh well with my personality because they don't care about people's feelings/understanding.
    Might be. I think most of the ENTJs want to divorce themselves from the bragging, young ENTJ types.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    You're afraid of retaliations aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    No. Not usually. I just didn't want to be mean.

My definition of "better" is probably different from what the OP meant, anyhoo.
    No definition from me.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I don't compare myself to ENTJ's. Why? They're basically me extroverted.
    --
    I see competitiveness here from ENTJ's (and other types) but I keep in mind, they are usually young-ish and will eventually mellow.
    I've thought most of the INTJs want to tell they're better, usually by the virtue of their independence. ENTJ are independent too, and their extraversion doesn't detract much from that.
    I usually love and admire INTJs, and don't try to be better than them, either.

As said, it's good for some harsh, young ENTJ to mellow down. They would give bad name for the type of ENTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Nice. Thanks! I think we enjoy some word play, but like to keep the standards up, almost all the time. This is why we might not be the last one to speak - that might more probably be an SP on a personal over-the-top bragfest.

Okay. Good post! Well, 1), I think we can discuss a neutral ENTJ in the "balanced type" thread.

2) Yes.
    3) I hear stuff about professional competitiveness as well. Yes, it's independent of type.
    4) I like to be able to stand up to my greatest competitors as well. I'm usually happiest to see that we're equal, we have our style, and we play in the same playgrounds.

1) Me too, if they do too much of an over-the-top thing of themselves.

2) Yeah, me too.

I have much of that. I think it's decreasing, and I find joy in being bad in something, not having to had learn the thing, and handing over the "title of superiority" of the thing gracefully to another person. That is so cool.

That's a very good answer. The thing is, I might feel "better" to someone like you at other time, worse to you at another - but I would concentrate mostly on the "better" part. Knowing that it's my focus of concentration, not the fact, I wouldn't probably try to be "better" than you as much as I might appear.

I've thought about the "status" vs "experience" thing a lot. I think there's the kind of division as you said. I'm not sure if you care to know, but I have great fun, mostly being quite quietly content with myself and my situation, but I do work a lot and postpone my moments of fun a lot, too. All in all, I'm happy and free, but I think the "preparedness for crisis" thing eats a slight part of my fun. Very miniscule part though. I'm no ISTJ.

I can't know if I have more fun than you, really. Or, what's the comparison with our types, in average.

I think I've learned fun and happiness in life from thinking about your type, and types close to you. I think it's a valuable lesson.

All NT's, in my opinion, and ESTP, too. ENFP, I'd say, too.

I think many of the ENTJ's were happy at the beginning of the ENTJ image improving campaign 1.5 years ago .. but most of us, if not all of us, stepped back from it seeing how it went. We got the great image alright, but I think we collectively felt that something was lacking.

I think ENTJs just understand where they're good and where they're not, and the kind of attention we got was too much.. most of all, the recognition of the superiority of one kind in situation X wasn't helpful, so I guess the ENTJ's just decided to be cool, and forget any superiority. It was too heated, and didn't work well to aid us in understanding of type.

Ye!

True.

Might be. I think most of the ENTJs want to divorce themselves from the bragging, young ENTJ types.

No definition from me.

I've thought most of the INTJs want to tell they're better, usually by the virtue of their independence. ENTJ are independent too, and their extraversion doesn't detract much from that.
    I usually love and admire INTJs, and don't try to be better than them, either.

As said, it's good for some harsh, young ENTJ to mellow down. They would give bad name for the type of ENTJ.
    My ENTJ would have approved of this line of reasoning very highly.

As for me: As long as the ENTJ respects that I am very different but have my own strengths then all is golden.

I think I posted this somewhere else, but it's worth repeating: ENTJ (or NT in general) - I don't want to be one, I only wish to be loved by one.

MBTI
    I

Who cares about being better than an ENTJ? I live to make myself better, not being better than one particular type of person.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Why should I be or want to be better than anyone else? I am what I am, and I'm completely happy and satisfied of being myself. I know that there are things and sides that I should improve in my personality, knowledge and attitude, but so it's for everybody. And personality type doesn't matter at all. Really.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    Why should I be or want to be better than anyone else? I am what I am, and I'm completely happy and satisfied of being myself. I know that there are things and sides that I should improve in my personality, knowledge and attitude, but so it's for everybody. And personality type doesn't matter at all. Really.
    Love the answer

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

I usually love and admire INTJs, and don't try to be better than them, either

Like above quote

I just think you are a fraud.

Maybe its a type thing, but opposites can never really get along with each other.

I met one really cocky entj and i really wanted to beat the shit out of him.
    But I have my goals in life and i could care less.

As long as you are not standing on the way of my goals, i could care less.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.