• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Autism/Aspergers/PDD-NOS

Anabel

MBTI Type
isfj
Enneagram
9w1
I've read on here that most people with an autism spectrum disorder are T's. Can anyone offer any insight into having an extremely high F (approx 95% vs 5% T) and being on the spectrum?

Is it likely that you could have such a high F and still be on the spectrum?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've read on here that most people with an autism spectrum disorder are T's. Can anyone offer any insight into having an extremely high F (approx 95% vs 5% T) and being on the spectrum?

Is it likely that you could have such a high F and still be on the spectrum?

Some AS experts now think that AS people are hyper sensitive to emotional stimulus. Thus they learn at a young age to avoid things like eye contact and other more emotive sharing. Its just a theory. It might however explain "F" AS people.

If you go to the "wrongplanet" forum, you will not find people who dont feel. I would bet a fair amount are F's that have other AS issues. Its a continuum and has varying reasons for diagnosis. AS does not by definition mean MBTI T (i know you never said that :) ).

I'd say an F with AS would be someone who identifies with values over (huge stereotype applied here, forgive me). They might crave personal connection at times. Yet they still might tend to have "special interests", be "little professors" and have issues with eye contact and emotive give/take.

Anabel

MBTI Type
isfj
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks for the link :)

Yes, I've only just read about hyper sensitivity in Aspergers. I always thought the disorder was associated with lack of empathy etc, however am beginning to realise this is not the case. In my own experience, quite the opposite and this has now led me to look at the disorder in a different way.

A thought that crossed my mind;
In a way a high F in someone with ASD could be related to things their upbringing taught them. For example, someone brought up in a strict Christian community where Christian values were firmly instilled could adopt those as part of the autistic spectrum traits of always having to follow rules, instructions etc and therefore have a high F because of those Christian values that were so firmly instilled in them and can often come across as 'instructions' or 'rules'.