• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychopathy

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A lot of NTs are thought to be manipulative it seems, lacking in remorse/guilt, etc. That doesn't make them psychopaths.

People who continually, consistently lack remorse for their actions which hurt others are emotionally disturbed, even if they are not psychopaths. I wonder if you are exaggerating here when you say many NTs share these traits.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Psychopathic ISFP? Wha?? Yes, she is violently upset because somebody is blocking the sunlight on the flowery meadow that she's attempting to paint.

Some ISFP males are actually stereotypically prone to anger problems.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Some ISFP males are actually stereotypically prone to anger problems.

No, I'm pretty sure the gods frown upon the use of "ISFP" and "stereotypically angry" in the same sentence.

But in all seriousness, I'd believe that some ISFPs might have anger problems especially in really heavy situations. The combination of Fi/Se probably...but come on, let's face it, ISFPs are known for being pretty easygoing and down-to-earth as a whole. An ISFP psychopath would be a pretty rare thing to run into, I'd say.

And we all know that INFJs are the real psychopaths here. Prototype is my case in point.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't think the two marry up very well. The MBTI is about how you think as a functioning human being and psychopathy is a disorder... there is however the argument that perhaps the latter is false labelling and that a psychopath is just an extreme personality.

If there was a personality which I would reckon would be closest to this though it would have to be ST. NT's have long term cynicism sure but STs can just verbally decapitate someone and still be shocked that anyone thought any more of it than if they'd say "hi, how are you?"!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only seen one site where an attempt has been made to map MBTI type to personality disorders.

According to which, INTs have a propensity towards being schizoid/schizotypal, which makes sense to me.

The closest approximation to "psychopathic" in that mapping is narcissistic as you suggest.

Narcissism is typically associated with more extroverted types.
The MBTI correlates are ESTP and ENTP.

Hmm. I smell projection.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There was a study I read on INFPgc that stated amongst male sociopaths in prison, INFP was by far the most overrepresented type.

There are lots of ways of interpreting that data, and unfortunately INFPgc doesn't appear to be working so I'm having trouble finding the link.

It was in a great troll thread where someone was claiming most INFP males are sociopaths, which got a lot of members riled up, but the study was legitimate if I remember correctly.

Psychopaths are quite common and mostly harmless. I've heard around ~1.5% of the population the most. Though I'm not sure exactly how they'd get such a statistic, as with all personality related measurements, the quantifiers are very vague.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think the two marry up very well. The MBTI is about how you think as a functioning human being and psychopathy is a disorder... there is however the argument that perhaps the latter is false labelling and that a psychopath is just an extreme personality.

If there was a personality which I would reckon would be closest to this though it would have to be ST. NT's have long term cynicism sure but STs can just verbally decapitate someone and still be shocked that anyone thought any more of it than if they'd say "hi, how are you?"!
A good post.
Let us look at the characteristics assigned to a psychopath.

charisma
lack of remorse
low tolerance
high spirits

Four attributes?
Only two.
1. Lack of remorse > high spirits > charisma.
2. Low tolerance.

It is the combination of the two.
The match of the two is against the current.
It is therefore psychopathy is rare.

Dolls do not add to the number of the girls.
Girls do not add to the number of the dolls.

We discussed this before.
Differentiation does not concern the object of dichotomy.
It is about the agent only.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
A good post.

charisma
lack of remorse
low tolerance
high spirits

Four attributes?
Only two.
2. Low tolerance.

It is the combination of the two.
The match of the two is against the current.
It is therefore psychopathy is rare.

Dolls do not add the number of the girls.
Girls do not add the number of the dolls.

We discussed this before.
Oh I concur. As I said I don't think the two marry up very well. I do however think that the concept deserves playing with if only to add definition to why it doesn't fit.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Or just that "disorders" are part of the personality, hence part of the MBTI type.

Hence you'd see a correlation, unless it fluked a total lack of characteristics associated with certain MBTI types or any other possible link.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A good post.

charisma
lack of remorse
low tolerance
high spirits

Four attributes?
Only two.
2. Low tolerance.
Lack of remorse and low tolerance can further be reduced to lack of empathy which is the defining characteristic of the psychopath.

ESTPs and ENTPs both have tertiary Fe, which lends charm and charisma but not empathy.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Psychopaths are quite common and mostly harmless. I've heard around ~1.5% of the population the most. Though I'm not sure exactly how they'd get such a statistic, as with all personality related measurements, the quantifiers are very vague.

According to Robert Hare, they commit over 50% of the crime (that has victims) which is pretty staggering given the small percentage of their populous, yet makes sense given their temperament. Psychopaths actually have observable blood flow patterns in the brain, Hare has studied them in prisons. There is a good documentary about them on YouTube (sorry I don't remember the name of it)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh I concur. As I said I don't think the two marry up very well. I do however think that the concept deserves playing with if only to add definition to why it doesn't fit.
Exactly.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I figured there was really no correlation. I more wanted to see what types would be viewed that way. Thank you guys for your input :yes:

I have had a good view into narcassism as well as psychopathy and what it looks like.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, I'm pretty sure the gods frown upon the use of "ISFP" and "stereotypically angry" in the same sentence.

But in all seriousness, I'd believe that some ISFPs might have anger problems especially in really heavy situations. The combination of Fi/Se probably...but come on, let's face it, ISFPs are known for being pretty easygoing and down-to-earth as a whole. An ISFP psychopath would be a pretty rare thing to run into, I'd say.

And we all know that INFJs are the real psychopaths here. Prototype is my case in point.

:laugh:

Kanamori

There was a study I read on INFPgc that stated amongst male sociopaths in prison, INFP was by far the most overrepresented type.

There are lots of ways of interpreting that data, and unfortunately INFPgc doesn't appear to be working so I'm having trouble finding the link.

It was in a great troll thread where someone was claiming most INFP males are sociopaths, which got a lot of members riled up, but the study was legitimate if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I don't think it would be very surprising for sociopaths to fluff themselves up in prison... or for infps to get indignant over it.:jew:

Qre:us

Still unsure? Just take this simple 20 question test! Have the phone nearby to call 911, ya know, just in case your results are a bit disconcerting.

*EDIT* The first link I posted was shite. This one works though.

True Psychopath
You scored 11 on Emotional Detachment and 14 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

Congratulations, you are both emotionally detached, and you lead a chaotic lifestyle, which may indicate there's something seriously wrong with you. A combined score of 30 or more on this test supports a diagnosis of psychopathy. You are likely to commit, or already have commited, a crime. Stay away from knives, guns etc. although with your brilliant and versatile mind you will probably think of a dozen other ways of hurting whoever you feel like hurting.

If your combined score is 5 or less, you are completely average compared to general population. If your combined score is 20 or more, you have a mind of a true criminal. If your combined score is 30 or more, you have a mind of a psycho.

:devil: