User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Psychopathy

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    According to Robert Hare, they commit over 50% of the crime (that has victims) which is pretty staggering given the small percentage of their populous, yet makes sense given their temperament. Psychopaths actually have observable blood flow patterns in the brain, Hare has studied them in prisons. There is a good documentary about them on YouTube (sorry I don't remember the name of it)
    Are you sure that's full on psychopathy and not other antisocial disorders? I know sociopathy is often treated as a different disorder, sometimes it's lumped in as psychopathy. Antisocial disorders making up the majority of the prison population, usually.

Psychopaths are much more likely to commit crimes, but I got the impression most do not.

A quick google is saying UK and US prisons have about a 25% psycho population. Psychopathy: Antisocial, Criminal, and Violent Behavior -- Maier 51 (3): 394 -- Psychiatr Serv
    15-25%: ScienceDirect - International Journal of Law and Psychiatry : Personality Disorders, Psychopathy, and Crime in a Norwegian Prison Population*1, *2
    26%: MEASUREMENT OF PSYCHOPATHY IN A UK PRISON POPULATION REFERRED FOR LONG-TERM PSYCHOTHERAPY -- HOBSON and SHINES 38 (3): 504 -- British Journal of Criminology
    I have no idea how trustworthy these sources are though.

The definitions often vary and are quite vague sometimes, as well as there being a scale of extremity. So it's hard to tell. But now to find total populations of prisons relative to the country's and an accurate assessments of the psychopath population...

MBTI
    yupp

True Psychopath

You scored 10 on Emotional Detachment and 12 on Chaotic Lifestyle!
    Congratulations, you are both emotionally detached, and you lead a chaotic lifestyle, which may indicate there's something seriously wrong with you. A combined score of 30 or more on this test supports a diagnosis of psychopathy. You are likely to commit, or already have commited, a crime. Stay away from knives, guns etc. although with your brilliant and versatile mind you will probably think of a dozen other ways of hurting whoever you feel like hurting.

If your combined score is 5 or less, you are completely average compared to general population. If your combined score is 20 or more, you have a mind of a true criminal. If your combined score is 30 or more, you have a mind of a psycho.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Not really a psycho
    You scored 4 on Emotional Detachment and 6 on Chaotic Lifestyle!
    Relax, you are quite healthy. You are emotionally stable and you lead a normal life, as far as conditions allow. You may have other problems (if you score too low on detachment, you may be oversensitive or lack self-esteem, if you score too low on chaotism, you may be pedantic or rigid) but psychopathy is not one of them.

If your combined score is 5 or less, you are completely average compared to general population. If your combined score is 20 or more, you have a mind of a true criminal. If your combined score is 30 or more, you have a mind of a psycho.

10 ain't that bad. Don't call the funny farm yet.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

Re: Erm

I think the official term is "anti-social personality disorder" when it comes to the DSM-IV and the WHO equivalent, but Hare and others still use "psychopathy" to describe it. If I recall correctly, they study them in prisons because that is where you can easily find a sizable sample in one place. He mentioned several variations of them like "sub-criminal" ones which basically means they aren't impulsive and can be found in the general population in all walks of life terrorizing their families and underlings they manage to reside over in the workplace.

Don't know how they get the 1-3% of the adult male population number from, have seen it in other places. Wish I could remember the name of that documentary, it's a very interesting subject. Hare is on my reading list for the future but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Those sources sound like they might be in range because there was a Scottish researcher from the University of Glasgow who was mentioning the differences between North American and UK psychopaths, which he speculated was cultural. He talked about the populations in prisons seeming low, I think because most in prison are there on drug charges or burglary rather than violence.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Chaotic

You scored 7 on Emotional Detachment and 12 on Chaotic Lifestyle!
    You are not quite a psycho, but you have problems in one of the aspects of psychopathy: chaotic lifestyle. Your life lacks in stability, you're unreliable and irresponsible. Luckily, your emotions are healthy and strong enough to keep you in check. But who knows, one day you may snap...

... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I scored 7 on emotional detachment and 8 on chaotic lifestyle. I am not really a psycho.

Relax, you are quite healthy. You are emotionally stable and you lead a normal life, as far as conditions allow. You may have other problems (if you score too low on detachment, you may be oversensitive or lack self-esteem, if you score too low on chaotism, you may be pedantic or rigid) but psychopathy is not one of them.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I scored 7 on emotional detachment and 8 on chaotic lifestyle. I am not really a psycho.

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Those sources sound like they might be in range because there was a Scottish researcher from the University of Glasgow who was mentioning the differences between North American and UK psychopaths, which he speculated was cultural. He talked about the populations in prisons seeming low, I think because most in prison are there on drug charges or burglary rather than violence.
    I somehow doubt that. Scotland is one of the most violent countries in the developed world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Lack of remorse and low tolerance can further be reduced to lack of empathy which is the defining characteristic of the psychopath.

ESTPs and ENTPs both have tertiary Fe, which lends charm and charisma but not empathy.
    In the system of four functions, the tertiary is below the mean number (= below average).

The system of eight: four plus three is seven.
    Hence ETP: Fe is the seventh function.

John and Linda can do many things I am sure.
    Reckoning is not their specialty.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Still unsure? Just take this simple 20 question test! Have the phone nearby to call 911, ya know, just in case your results are a bit disconcerting.

*EDIT* The first link I posted was shite. This one works though.

True Psychopath

You scored 10 on Emotional Detachment and 14 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

I guess I should start sharpening my knives now.