User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Psychopathy

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

There is an interesting MBTI thread on an antisocial personality disorder forum. Almost everyone was TP.

MBTI results for the anti-social : Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

I think ESTP and ISTP are the most common types in jail and the most common psychopathic types. Along with a good number of ENTP con-men. And INTP criminal architects.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Psychopaths are quite common and mostly harmless. I've heard around ~1.5% of the population the most. Though I'm not sure exactly how they'd get such a statistic, as with all personality related measurements, the quantifiers are very vague.
    According to Robert Hare, they commit over 50% of the crime (that has victims) which is pretty staggering given the small percentage of their populous, yet makes sense given their temperament. Psychopaths actually have observable blood flow patterns in the brain, Hare has studied them in prisons. There is a good documentary about them on YouTube (sorry I don't remember the name of it)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oh I concur. As I said I don't think the two marry up very well. I do however think that the concept deserves playing with if only to add definition to why it doesn't fit.
    Exactly.

Junior Member Butterfly_Effected's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    ENTJ-ISFP
    So what you're saying is that it takes all types.
    All in one and one for all.
    Stupid people piss me off....
    no wonder I get angry with myself!!! lol

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I figured there was really no correlation. I more wanted to see what types would be viewed that way. Thank you guys for your input

I have had a good view into narcassism as well as psychopathy and what it looks like.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure the gods frown upon the use of "ISFP" and "stereotypically angry" in the same sentence.

But in all seriousness, I'd believe that some ISFPs might have anger problems especially in really heavy situations. The combination of Fi/Se probably...but come on, let's face it, ISFPs are known for being pretty easygoing and down-to-earth as a whole. An ISFP psychopath would be a pretty rare thing to run into, I'd say.

And we all know that INFJs are the real psychopaths here. Prototype is my case in point.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly_Effected View Post
    So what you're saying is that it takes all types.
    All in one and one for all.
    The ultimate personality!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Junior Member Butterfly_Effected's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    The ultimate personality!

nice
    Stupid people piss me off....
    no wonder I get angry with myself!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    There was a study I read on INFPgc that stated amongst male sociopaths in prison, INFP was by far the most overrepresented type.

There are lots of ways of interpreting that data, and unfortunately INFPgc doesn't appear to be working so I'm having trouble finding the link.

It was in a great troll thread where someone was claiming most INFP males are sociopaths, which got a lot of members riled up, but the study was legitimate if I remember correctly.

Psychopaths are quite common and mostly harmless. I've heard around ~1.5% of the population the most. Though I'm not sure exactly how they'd get such a statistic, as with all personality related measurements, the quantifiers are very vague.
    Yeah, I don't think it would be very surprising for sociopaths to fluff themselves up in prison... or for infps to get indignant over it.

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Still unsure? Just take this simple 20 question test! Have the phone nearby to call 911, ya know, just in case your results are a bit disconcerting.

*EDIT* The first link I posted was shite. This one works though.
    True Psychopath
    You scored 11 on Emotional Detachment and 14 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

Congratulations, you are both emotionally detached, and you lead a chaotic lifestyle, which may indicate there's something seriously wrong with you. A combined score of 30 or more on this test supports a diagnosis of psychopathy. You are likely to commit, or already have commited, a crime. Stay away from knives, guns etc. although with your brilliant and versatile mind you will probably think of a dozen other ways of hurting whoever you feel like hurting.

If your combined score is 5 or less, you are completely average compared to general population. If your combined score is 20 or more, you have a mind of a true criminal. If your combined score is 30 or more, you have a mind of a psycho.