User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 83

Thread: Psychopathy

  1. #41
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    A lot of NTs are thought to be manipulative it seems, lacking in remorse/guilt, etc. That doesn't make them psychopaths.
    People who continually, consistently lack remorse for their actions which hurt others are emotionally disturbed, even if they are not psychopaths. I wonder if you are exaggerating here when you say many NTs share these traits.

  2. #42
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Psychopathic ISFP? Wha?? Yes, she is violently upset because somebody is blocking the sunlight on the flowery meadow that she's attempting to paint.
    Some ISFP males are actually stereotypically prone to anger problems.

  3. #43
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Some ISFP males are actually stereotypically prone to anger problems.
    No, I'm pretty sure the gods frown upon the use of "ISFP" and "stereotypically angry" in the same sentence.

    But in all seriousness, I'd believe that some ISFPs might have anger problems especially in really heavy situations. The combination of Fi/Se probably...but come on, let's face it, ISFPs are known for being pretty easygoing and down-to-earth as a whole. An ISFP psychopath would be a pretty rare thing to run into, I'd say.

    And we all know that INFJs are the real psychopaths here. Prototype is my case in point.

  4. #44
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    I don't think the two marry up very well. The MBTI is about how you think as a functioning human being and psychopathy is a disorder... there is however the argument that perhaps the latter is false labelling and that a psychopath is just an extreme personality.

    If there was a personality which I would reckon would be closest to this though it would have to be ST. NT's have long term cynicism sure but STs can just verbally decapitate someone and still be shocked that anyone thought any more of it than if they'd say "hi, how are you?"!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #45
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    I've only seen one site where an attempt has been made to map MBTI type to personality disorders.

    According to which, INTs have a propensity towards being schizoid/schizotypal, which makes sense to me.

    The closest approximation to "psychopathic" in that mapping is narcissistic as you suggest.

    Narcissism is typically associated with more extroverted types.
    The MBTI correlates are ESTP and ENTP.


    Hmm. I smell projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    There was a study I read on INFPgc that stated amongst male sociopaths in prison, INFP was by far the most overrepresented type.

    There are lots of ways of interpreting that data, and unfortunately INFPgc doesn't appear to be working so I'm having trouble finding the link.

    It was in a great troll thread where someone was claiming most INFP males are sociopaths, which got a lot of members riled up, but the study was legitimate if I remember correctly.

    Psychopaths are quite common and mostly harmless. I've heard around ~1.5% of the population the most. Though I'm not sure exactly how they'd get such a statistic, as with all personality related measurements, the quantifiers are very vague.

  7. #47
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I don't think the two marry up very well. The MBTI is about how you think as a functioning human being and psychopathy is a disorder... there is however the argument that perhaps the latter is false labelling and that a psychopath is just an extreme personality.

    If there was a personality which I would reckon would be closest to this though it would have to be ST. NT's have long term cynicism sure but STs can just verbally decapitate someone and still be shocked that anyone thought any more of it than if they'd say "hi, how are you?"!
    A good post.
    Let us look at the characteristics assigned to a psychopath.

    charisma
    lack of remorse
    low tolerance
    high spirits

    Four attributes?
    Only two.
    1. Lack of remorse > high spirits > charisma.
    2. Low tolerance.

    It is the combination of the two.
    The match of the two is against the current.
    It is therefore psychopathy is rare.

    Dolls do not add to the number of the girls.
    Girls do not add to the number of the dolls.

    We discussed this before.
    Differentiation does not concern the object of dichotomy.
    It is about the agent only.

  8. #48
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good post.
    Let us look at the characteristics assigned to a psychopath.

    charisma
    lack of remorse
    low tolerance
    high spirits

    Four attributes?
    Only two.
    1. Lack of remorse > high spirits > charisma.
    2. Low tolerance.

    It is the combination of the two.
    The match of the two is against the current.
    It is therefore psychopathy is rare.

    Dolls do not add the number of the girls.
    Girls do not add the number of the dolls.

    We discussed this before.
    Oh I concur. As I said I don't think the two marry up very well. I do however think that the concept deserves playing with if only to add definition to why it doesn't fit.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I don't think the two marry up very well. The MBTI is about how you think as a functioning human being and psychopathy is a disorder... there is however the argument that perhaps the latter is false labelling and that a psychopath is just an extreme personality.
    Or just that "disorders" are part of the personality, hence part of the MBTI type.

    Hence you'd see a correlation, unless it fluked a total lack of characteristics associated with certain MBTI types or any other possible link.

  10. #50
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good post.
    Let us look at the characteristics assigned to a psychopath.

    charisma
    lack of remorse
    low tolerance
    high spirits

    Four attributes?
    Only two.
    1. Lack of remorse > high spirits > charisma.
    2. Low tolerance.
    Lack of remorse and low tolerance can further be reduced to lack of empathy which is the defining characteristic of the psychopath.

    ESTPs and ENTPs both have tertiary Fe, which lends charm and charisma but not empathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 02:25 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2013, 06:31 PM
  3. Preventing Psychopathy Through Early Identification: Plausible?
    By iwakar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 02:50 PM
  4. Hare Psychopathy Checklist
    By Elfboy in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
  5. Psychopathy - Nature or Nurture?
    By Epiphany in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO