User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Psychopathy

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    Victor, If you think MBTI has no validity, then why do you post to threads involving MBTI? Have you started a topic about your opinion? Or do you just make random snide remarks meant to trivialize the OP without having to defend you position.
    He likes the attention.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    Victor, If you think MBTI has no validity, then why do you post to threads involving MBTI? Have you started a topic about your opinion? Or do you just make random snide remarks meant to trivialize the OP without having to defend you position.
    Agreed. I'm sick of seeing people making this claim. I don't think most of the people on this site attempt to utilize MBTI as a predictive tool. We just think it's a cool categorization system for describing behavioral tendencies and internal values. It can be applied to a lot of different psychological topics, and we just like discussing it. It's a pretty analytical system of personality categories, so why is it so far-fetched to attempt to correlate it with people's psyches?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Yeah, you're probably sick enough to come up with something much more creatively grotesque.
    Haha,... Before you go off on a silly notion about me being a psychopath, I'd suggest you get to know me first, I'm quite harmless... Lol
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    He likes the attention.
    It's true - I love attention.

Even in second class in Primary School I knew I was a show-off. And here I am, a player in the Attention Economy.

And the ambition of any player is to become a celebrity. For a celebrity has gained the most attention in the Attention Economy.

And I have only barely begun to work with MBTI, just wait until I go to work on the Gun thread. You won't be able to take your eyes off me.

My God, MBTI is an American cult and America has incubated the gun culture.

And I confess, on this side of the world, we do find we have trouble getting the attention of America. So sometimes we have to shout, and sometimes we have to poke you in a sensitive spot - all to get your attention.

So pay attention America - for we have ways of making you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Even in second class in Primary School I knew I was a show-off. And here I am, a player in the Attention Economy.

And the ambition of any player is to become a celebrity. For a celebrity has gained the most attention in the Attention Economy.

And I have only barely begun to work with MBTI, just wait until I go to work on the Gun thread. You won't be able to take your eyes off me.

And I confess, on this side of the world, we do find we have trouble getting the attention of America. So sometimes we have to shout, and sometimes we have to poke you in a sensitive spot - all to get your attention.

What are you talking about?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

I like you, want to be friends, together we will take over this cesspool of shame they call a forum!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I am wondering if there is a correlation between type. You see, a lot of what makes a 'psychopath' applies to one INTJ I know. However, it seems like a lot of the generalities about them apply to many NTs/INTJs.

Example, the bolded applies to him.

Factor 1
    Aggressive narcissism

1. Glibness/superficial charm
    2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
    3. Pathological lying? I think he is.
    4. Cunning/manipulative
    5. Lack of remorse or guilt
    6. Emotionally shallow
    7. Callous/lack of empathy
    8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

However...many of these apply to me. Not the pathological lying. I suppose he may be a pathological liar. I need to look more into that. He believes all apply to him, but he is not emotionally shallow, nor is very superficially charming, or having a grandiose sense of self worth.

A lot of NTs are thought to be manipulative it seems, lacking in remorse/guilt, etc. That doesn't make them psychopaths.

So what makes a psychopath?

Can you tell if someone will become psychopathic?

What types would be most prone, or at least viewed that way?
    The trick with this stuff is that you are looking for these as overriding characteristics not just the presence of them.

In the past I have done:

Glibness/superficial charm
    Emotionally shallow
    Cunning/manipulative
    Lack of remorse or guilt
    Callous/lack of empathy
    Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
    Grandiose sense of self-worth
    I've lied many times. Probably not pathological though.

The difference is there is normally a reason when I do it and it happens only occasionally. They are all human traits that can exist in a totally normal person. For aggressive narcissism these patterns occur quite regularly without any reasonable cause.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

You speak just like Ellsworth Toohey.

Just thought I would let you know.

Also, what else do you not believe in? I am curious.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Haha,... Before you go off on a silly notion about me being a psychopath, I'd suggest you get to know me first, I'm quite harmless... Lol
    That's just your predatorial way of luring me in. I know how you psychopaths work; a penchant for manipulation is one of the top 10 signs, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    You speak just like Ellsworth Toohey.

Just thought I would let you know.
    Ouch...

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    That's just your predatorial way of luring me in. I know how you psychopaths work; a penchant for manipulation is one of the top 10 signs, right?
    Well then, it takes one to know one, I guess...