Thread: Psychopathy

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Psychopathic ISFP? Wha?? Yes, she is violently upset because somebody is blocking the sunlight on the flowery meadow that she's attempting to paint.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I am wondering if there is a correlation between type. You see, a lot of what makes a 'psychopath' applies to one INTJ I know. However, it seems like a lot of the generalities about them apply to many NTs/INTJs.

Example, the bolded applies to him.

Factor 1
    Aggressive narcissism

1. Glibness/superficial charm
    2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
    3. Pathological lying? I think he is.
    4. Cunning/manipulative
    5. Lack of remorse or guilt
    6. Emotionally shallow
    7. Callous/lack of empathy
    8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

However...many of these apply to me. Not the pathological lying. I suppose he may be a pathological liar. I need to look more into that. He believes all apply to him, but he is not emotionally shallow, nor is very superficially charming, or having a grandiose sense of self worth.

A lot of NTs are thought to be manipulative it seems, lacking in remorse/guilt, etc. That doesn't make them psychopaths.

So what makes a psychopath?

Can you tell if someone will become psychopathic?

What types would be most prone, or at least viewed that way?
    You know there is a huge difference between an agressive narcassist and a psycopath... and a massive difference between common garden asshole and a Narcassist.

The thing with Narcs, and I beleive I've got experience of two of them... is that their victims are not able to put their fingers on it... it's a condition that makes you feel personally responcible as the victim - ie they think they have caused the issue... Hence it's like you try and rebalance the relationship all the time.

You seem confident this guy is an ass hole, a Narc isn't as consistant as that... realy nice at time and a moster at others - and the times they are monsters they make the victim feel it's thier issue. Hence the victim thinks it'a all a lie, nothing in their world feels quiet real. Emotionally exhausting. Ok so that is dating them, but they will segregate the people in their lives... they have a humbleness with authority which doesn't occur behind their backs but gneral fear of authority all the same.

I've come across two or three real victims of people Narc Dissorder - both have talked in the same way, uncertain feeling of something being very wrong but not being able to articulate it properly... they were both very educated women too.

The other thing about NPD is that they don't see you as a seperate person, you are their resource and they don't recgnise that you have free will.

The common factor I find is that they think it's their fault they couldn't reach the guy... almost like someone is locked in a cage.

I have a few links be careful on one guy who writes a lot he is a diagnosed agressive narc and yet he crowds chat rooms and pumps out info on it...

Basics of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)

Narcissism Book of Quotes

There is a massive difference between a healthy person and an unhealthy person.

This is the link to a letter by the daughter of someone with BPD ..... it should the scale of the dissorder that is a different legue than the average ass hole... sorry this one is abit disturbing because it's a letter to a psyciatrist.

Borderline Personality Disorder Diagnosis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Bah, you can find reasons in all of the types.
    Maybe, but I'm hypothesizing that Se correlates more strongly.

Isn't psychopathy like almost defined by poor impulse control?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Bored enough to go on a murder spree and then rape the dead bodies!?
    That's pretty unoriginal don't you think?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Jaguar: sorry, I meant to be clear that I was trying to disprove to the guy that he is/will become a psychopath based on his preferences. I asked about the correlation not only because there may have been a loose correlation, but to see if there were types which may have been viewed like that.

Specifically the viewing part. I don't think that he realizes that his therapist thinks he exhibits signs of a sociopath possibly because of who he is. INTJ= anti social, viewed as callous, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You know there is a huge difference between an agressive narcassist and a psycopath... and a massive difference between common garden asshole and a Narcassist.
    I know what you mean. This came from under the psychopathy part though. He isn't an asshole. I mean, he is the same brand of asshole I am, or many other NTs I have met, but he isn't a real asshole.

The thing with Narcs, and I beleive I've got experience of two of them... is that their victims are not able to put their fingers on it... it's a condition that makes you feel personally responcible as the victim - ie they think they have caused the issue... Hence it's like you try and rebalance the relationship all the time.
    Hm...he doesn't make me feel like a victim. At all.

Thanks for your input. I will make sure he sees this, and realizes he isn't who he thinks he will become. Or who his therapist thinks he will become.
    Last edited by Antimony; 12-07-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Jaguar: sorry, I meant to be clear that I was trying to disprove to the guy that he is/will become a psychopath based on his preferences. I asked about the correlation not only because there may have been a loose correlation, but to see if there were types which may have been viewed like that.
    No problem.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

By the way, Jaguar, what type are you?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

If MBTI had any validity, it would be used in Court as a defence or in sentencing as a mitigating factor.

But it is not.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    That's pretty unoriginal don't you think?
    Yeah, you're probably sick enough to come up with something much more creatively grotesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Maybe, but I'm hypothesizing that Se correlates more strongly.
    I think other extroverted functions can also cause poor impulse control. It's just manifested in different ways depending on the function. Se is more impulsive when it comes to satiating tangible pleasures, but Ne can be pretty impulsive too when it comes to satiating mental curiosities (ie, what would happen if I did this?).

Isn't psychopathy like almost defined by poor impulse control?
    That's a big part of the definition, but psychopaths are also defined by a decreased lack of empathy/remorse and a strong sense of self-worth and selfishness. Maybe the core causative agent is decreased impulse control though? Or maybe these characteristics are separate from this? Who knows...

Victor, If you think MBTI has no validity, then why do you post to threads involving MBTI? Have you started a topic about your opinion? Or do you just make random snide remarks meant to trivialize the OP without having to defend you position.