• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Time is the only currency that matters

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The only real currency is the time we have left on this Earth.

What matters is who we give this time to, and how we choose to spend it.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Very well said.

I would add that technology can contribute greatly to inflation.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But no one else considers your time valuable unless you're highly skilled or accomplished.

That's a problem, I think...

G

Ginkgo

I have a theory that Ni users have an acute perception of time, which may contribute to their usage of "directive" communication. When time is of the essence, expediency and bluntness is essential.

Personally, I perceive time as mutable and relative to space. Time and money are interdependent factors. You can gain a profit of millions within a weeks time if you are fortunate enough to win the lotto. On the other hand, you can get to the cusp of 6 digits in a years time with a generous profession.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have a theory that Ni users have an acute perception of time, which may contribute to their usage of "directive" communication. When time is of the essence, expediency and bluntness is essential.

Personally, I perceive time as mutable and relative to space. Time and money are interdependent factors. You can gain a profit of millions within a weeks time if you are fortunate enough to win the lotto. On the other hand, you can get to the cusp of 6 digits in a years time with a generous profession.

Time may be relative, but it moves inexorably against us all.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think everyone's time is equally valuable.

We're all human, are we not?

Yeah, I guess so.

But I'm usually thought of as irrelevant because I'm not very accomplished and don't stand out, to the point that I feel too insignificant to take up anyone else's time.

It's why I prefer e-mail and such to the phone... the phone says, "I'm important enough to demand your attention NOW," while e-mail says "Pay attention to this if you have time."

G

Ginkgo

Yeah, I guess so.

But I'm usually thought of as irrelevant because I'm not very accomplished and don't stand out, to the point that I feel too insignificant to take up anyone else's time.

It's why I prefer e-mail and such to the phone... the phone says, "I'm important enough to demand your attention NOW," while e-mail says "Pay attention to this if you have time."

Nothingness is begotten from nothingness. Something is begotten from something. If you view yourself as nil, you will accomplish nil.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Time is the last thing against us.
Our protective self-wishes want us dead because its the only sure thing aside from taxes and war.
Time is a gift and if not spent wisely, the results consume us until it becomes all that we know.

I think that time, like fire and water, have no mercy. Such a blessed thing in all its objective righteousness.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Time is important, but lucky (perhaps prudent would be a better word) is the man that believes that death isn't the final curtain call.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You should give yourself more credit than that.

By what right?

I can't get a job, and I have no income. I have no work experience. I don't have a college degree. I don't have friends in real life.

By all common measures, I'm worthless aside from the change I find on the ground, or the money my relatives have given me. I want to give myself more credit... but I can't find anything to give myself credit for.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
By what right?

I can't get a job, and I have no income. I have no work experience. I don't have a college degree. I don't have friends in real life.

By all common measures, I'm worthless aside from the change I find on the ground, or the money my relatives have given me. I want to give myself more credit... but I can't find anything to give myself credit for.

You seem very intelligent, so don't count yourself as worthless. Perhaps you could lower your standards a little and take a part-time customer service job for a while, just to get work experience and a little money. As unappetizing as that may sound, it may help get you out of the rut you feel you are stuck in.

G

Ginkgo

By what right?

By all common measures, I'm worthless. I want to give myself more credit... but I can't find anything to give myself credit for.

Existence implies that you have a given worth. By measuring time and space appropriately in conjunction with action, you increase your worth (Whether that be derived from self-esteem or else-esteem). However, these esteems are measured subjectively. To measure one's esteem objectively, one may turn to the celestial.

But seriously. Get a job.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I've been told that employers are only hiring people with experience, degrees, and references right now, because there are so many of those available.

Not having any of those things, it seems logical to think I can't get a job. I didn't get a job at the places I applied for, and they were minimum wage jobs, which confirms it.

You can tell me I'm full of bullshit and rubbish if you like, but it won't accomplish anything unless I come to understand why my experiences and information are incorrect.

You seem very intelligent, so don't count yourself as worthless. Perhaps you could lower your standards a little and take a part-time customer service job for a while, just to get work experience and a little money. As unappetizing as that may sound, it may help get you out of the rut you feel you are stuck in.

Those are the kind of jobs I was applying for and couldn't get...

If I lowered my standards any further, my job would be crime. Let's put it like that.
Existence implies that you have a given worth. By measuring time and space appropriately in conjunction with action, you increase your worth (Whether that be derived from self-esteem or else-esteem). However, these esteems are measured subjectively. To measure one's esteem objectively, one may turn to the celestial.

Nonsense.
But seriously. Get a job.

I can't! That's the most inane comment I've seen yet. If that's the best you can do, shut up and never speak to me again!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
By what right?

Fuck common measures...