User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Ahh...

Then the war of words has been one it seems!

EDIT: I totally agree with you, I just wanted to be a cheeky ass.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yeah, I guess so.

But I'm usually thought of as irrelevant because I'm not very accomplished and don't stand out, to the point that I feel too insignificant to take up anyone else's time.

It's why I prefer e-mail and such to the phone... the phone says, "I'm important enough to demand your attention NOW," while e-mail says "Pay attention to this if you have time."
    Well, what is your definition of accomplished?

I would think anyone that tries to do what they want, even if they fail has accomplish something most people hasn't, and that is to try at all. The biggest obstacle is think yourself irrelevenant. That mindset is one of your biggest obstacle, because you'll be too busy thinking of what others are thinking of you, rather than what you need to do to be your ideal self.

That negativity is a self-fufilling prophecy and has a nasty cycle if you don't break it.

Theres no such thing as an irrelavent human, everyone is worth the same.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

If that's the case, then why do people care so much about achievements? Why are they impressed by them? It seems that people must believe they bestow value on some level...

What is considered an "achievement" to some, is not by others.

I could definitely do proofreading, with a bit of study. I can't write anything original like an author can, but I can write things such an analysis or an essay. I'm more like an editor than a writer at heart.
    If you can demonstrate you have that skill, you could work for a local publication.
    Never ignore your natural talents.
    You may say some crazy shit in this forum, but I think you have potential.
    Getting rid of your psychological baggage is your biggest hurdle.

Letting others down is one thing, but the worst person you can possibly let down is yourself.
    You have to give it a shot, no matter the odds.

Roll it.

It's why I prefer e-mail and such to the phone... the phone says, "I'm important enough to demand your attention NOW," while e-mail says "Pay attention to this if you have time."
    Or it can mean: "I've decided to greet you with some of my time/attention, so feel special" which is mostly what people have in mind when they call to say hello to relatives/loved ones. Here the loved part sets the mindset.

All just mental constructs. Just a pair of lenses that may or may not coincide with someone else's, depending on it's origins/influenties [enter personality type, education, social influence, etc], that hardly ever matches the true colors of reality.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Or it can mean: "I've decided to greet you with some of my time/attention, so feel special" which is mostly what people have in mind when they call to say hello to relatives/loved ones. Here the loved part sets the mindset.

All just mental constructs. Just a pair of lenses that may or may not coincide with someone else's, depending on it's origins/influenties [enter personality type, education, social influence, etc], that hardly ever matches the true colors of reality.
    Well, in that case, you have to LOVE the person to look at it that way, and I don't feel anything that extreme towards them...

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

But time doesn't exist.

If it does however, some peoples "time" is more valuable than others...
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Time, for me at least, is more important than attention.

Time = how much I can get done (whether this be working, loving, or living) and thereby render my life meaningful

Attention = something less than what I just described above

YouTube - The Power of Attention

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    That's an interesting video. I've had the same thoughts. Funny, he has an annoying way about him until near the end. I do agree with what he is saying.

If that's the case, then why do people care so much about achievements? Why are they impressed by them? It seems that people must believe they bestow value on some level...
    Ego - The False Center

Me neither. My mom's been trying to help me think positively again, too, but she's stuck in a dead-end job that she feels like she only got by lying, terrified of losing it, and doesn't know how to help me. She said she mostly got it because she literally drove her car everywhere, went into any store she could find, and basically begged everyone for work (mostly because she had to take care of me)... and eventually found a temp agency that sent her to a company that decided to hire her. She's worked there for the last 10+ years, at least. She's never gotten more than a 3 cent raise, and never gotten a promotion.

She doesn't even think she could find another job if she lost hers... so she's struggling to advise me.
    Sounds like my mom. Also control freak, and lack of determination to take decisions. Self discredits. But in all sacrifices herself for others, ending up then just having a bunch of arguments to keep fueling the drama. It's just the way she sees the world, but too inefficient, if one is to allow such view to be the only view, that culminates in the unavoidablity that has translated into being her life, thus feeding the egoic-mind-made constructs, that feed on anything they can to sustain the egoic-self, even and specially in a negative way. Also too much going on related to this, the above link may help. And some more videos like the previous one, in a thread I made.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Money is exactly equal to your time. Depending on how much time you put in you get a certain amount of money. Depending on how much your time is worth (education, experience, which are both actually time) your payment per time will go up.

So everyone who gets paid gets paid for their "time"