First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Fuck common measures...
    Oh.

Well, that could work. All I have to do is get a few other people to do so, and then there will be people who consider me valuable. This would be especially helpful if one of those people happened to be an employer who valued skills over documented experience.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You are as good as you think you are.

Unless you're lying to yourself.

And I think you are. Let the person inside you, (that is happy to be you) out.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You can tell me I'm full of bullshit and rubbish if you like, but it won't accomplish anything unless I come to understand why my experiences and information are incorrect.
    I have no intention of doing that when my goal is to get your head out of your butt.
    Are you telling me you have gone through the want ads, applied for everything, and they all told you to screw off?
    Why don't you go work in a library or something, until you find what you really want.
    What about bookstores?
    Let me guess, they won't hire you either.

What size city are you in?
    How old are you?
    What are your biggest interests?

By the way, what parent screwed your head up?
    It's GLARING at me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Let the person inside you, (that is happy to be you) out.
    Hmm... well, the person inside me is actually indifferent about being me. I don't see it as good or bad. I could have been born into better situations, and worse situations. So being me is kind of... average. Except for my ironic detachment, I guess.

I only think my life sucks because I can't accomplish a goal I set for myself, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar
    I have no intention of doing that when my goal is to get your head out of your butt.
    Oh.
    Are you telling me you have gone through the want ads, applied for everything, and they all told you to screw off?
    Well, I haven't applied for everything... but I have applied for 20 minimum wage jobs in my area, and there's not a whole lot left to try in my immediate area. I suppose I could try another area, but I'm afraid of not making it to work on time if I do that.

That's pretty dumb, come to think of it. Worrying about being late to a job I don't even have?
    Why don't you go work in a library or something, until you find what you really want.
    What about bookstores?
    Let me guess, they won't hire you either.
    Actually, I didn't apply for those jobs because they weren't minimum wage, and several them said they wanted 2 years experience. Sounds a little out of my league.

Unless your point is that I should attempt to apply to jobs regardless of whether I have the qualifications?
    What size city are you in?
    It's pretty big, I guess, but I've really only been looking in my immediate neighborhood. Also, a lot of job listings are for neighboring cities I know I have no way of getting to for the interview, let alone for the work. Heck, there a lot of jobs I could get just for having a car (which I don't)! Sigh.

Maybe I should try to get my license...

How old are you?

What are your biggest interests?
    Well, I'm interested in computers, people, and businesses, particularly large businesses. I would ideally like to do some kind of work on computers in an office, maybe data entry or something. But I think I'll have to work my way up to that.
    By the way, what parent screwed your head up?
    It's GLARING at me.
    Both of them.

My mother gave me the idea that the world is a place where no one can get ahead unless they have some kind of unfair advantage. However, she thinks I'm valuable. My father gave me the idea that I'm completely useless and stupid, but thinks the world is fair and that everyone can succeed in it... except me.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Hmm... well, the person inside me is actually indifferent about being me. I don't see it as good or bad. I could have been born into better situations, and worse situations. So being me is kind of... average. Except for my ironic detachment, I guess.
    Do you just want to go through life being apathetic towards yourself?

Ginkgo

I think Athenian should be grateful that he has life and roll with it. If you were grateful that you were given a car, would you drive it? If you were grateful that you were given money, would you spend it? The trick is, in the instance of life, you are grateful to and for yourself. This concept is counter intuitive and cliche, I know.

But then again, one can't be helped if they lack the will to help oneself. [Insert more Dr. Phil crap here].

Actually, I didn't apply for those jobs because they weren't minimum wage, and several them said they wanted 2 years experience. Sounds a little out of my league.

Unless your point is that I should attempt to apply to jobs regardless of whether I have the qualifications?
    Nothing is out of your league if you have the right state of mind.
    The problem isn't really qualifications anyway.
    It's the neon sign blinking on your forehead:

I HAVE LOW SELF ESTEEM.

Kill it. Before it kills you.
    The only way you will get where you want to go is starting from inside yourself.
    You need a major overhaul.

My mother gave me the idea that the world is a place where no one can get ahead unless they have some kind of unfair advantage. However, she thinks I'm valuable. My father gave me the idea that I'm completely useless and stupid, but thinks the world is fair and that everyone can succeed in it... except me.

I figured as much. Do you live with them?
    That environment is toxic.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It doesn't really matter to me. What matters to me is getting through it and making some kind of positive difference, regardless of how I feel about myself.

Hmm... you know, I guess I'll just have to come up with something.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

It doesn't really matter to me. What matters to me is getting through it and making some kind of positive difference, regardless of how I feel about myself.

I surely hope you do!

Ginkgo

A solitary altruist swiftly becomes a nihilist.