• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Magic

Mole

Permabanned
There is a part of me that is magic.

It is very definite and clear and I know when I am in magic and when I am not.

And when I am not in magic, it seems I cannot go back to magic by an act of will. Rather I must await on magic and listen for her voice.

However I do spend most of my time being wilful - going to the bank, dinning out, visiting the library and the Citizens' Advice Bureau - all require me to be wilful.

But magic calls me back with the setting sun or the shape of a tree or a humourous conversation.

Sometimes, though, she hits me right over the head so that I feel I can't do anything - my only hope is to listen to her.

And it is not so much what she says but how she says it.

She is, frankly, entrancing. And when I listen to her, time stands still and everything is effortless.

So you can imagine why I am in love with her, and why I want to spend more time with her.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I feel the same when I'm in the trance of full self confidence. It's intoxicating and it makes you seem more charismatic!

On the other hand it also sounds like a drug addiction.;)

Mole

Permabanned
I feel the same when I'm in the trance of full self confidence. It's intoxicating and it makes you seem more charismatic!

On the other hand it also sounds like a drug addiction.;)

They say that when you can stop, you don't want to.
And when you want to stop, you can't.

So drug addiction is a horror you can't leave. And may end in your death.

Whereas the magic of creativity leaves you refreshed and relaxed.

The uncreative mimic creativity with drugs. And when they can stop, they don't want to. And when they want to stop, they can't.

So drugs merely mimic the magic of creativity.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What is magic?
Is it something that transcends the material world governed by the laws of nature?
Then it does not exist.
There can be at most something that transcends our understanding of the laws of nature (like gravity in a black hole - we don't understand that). Then our understanding is not enough and I will strive to enlarge it. Even and especially if this understanding kills the "magic".

If, on the other hand, "magic" is defined as "something wonderful within the material world and governed by the laws of nature" then... everything is magic.

Understanding diffraction does NOT take away the beauty of the rainbow.