• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Decent female role models

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
What's with the whole INTP female thing of "you've provided no evidence" followed closely by "here's my personal belief".

It's called consistency. I offer no solutions and I'm rarely given to certainty. I opened this thread as just an extension to my own thinking. If I'm discussing it in my head and finding it interesting, perhaps others will too.

If not, then clear off and start your own damn thread. Complex concept? I think not.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't have a specific role model that I has been in the lime light or who's made their mark in history. The women I look to are women I see everyday in my surrounding.

-A woman who is kind and gentle-elegant
-One who tries to solve the problem, not make the problem bigger
-One who will hold her tongue against gossip and will build others up instead
-One who will stand for what is right, even if others are telling her she's wrong
-One who doesn't desire attention from everyone
-One with a desire to help others
-One who is strong willed but will admit when she is wrong.
-One who doesn't feel she's above anyone in terms of apologizing.
-She realizes that men and woman are different but equal and will not submit to or try to tower over men.

I suppose all in all, I like a feminine woman who is strong willed and not allow others to devalue her when she knows she is worth more and portrays that that is how she be treated. :)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's with the whole INTP female thing of "you've provided no evidence" followed closely by "here's my personal belief".

It's called consistency. I offer no solutions and I'm rarely given to certainty. I opened this thread as just an extension to my own thinking prejudice. If I'm discussing it in my head and finding it interesting, perhaps others will too.

If not, then clear off and start your own damn thread. Complex concept? I think not.

Stop making baseless, ridiculous assertions and we'll stop calling you on them.

You still haven't provided. A. Single. Example.

Maybe you're just trolling for INTP females? :whistling:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By the criteria in this thread, few famous men make good role models either....you have to be successful (fame, money, talent, power) and kind and gracious and moral? I agree that is more rare with men.

Anyway, I don't think I saw Audrey Hepburn listed yet, but she should be.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I much agree to Xander's style and delivery, as this is something we discussed briefly. Part of the reception seems a bit out of proportions, and misses most of the points made.

Some of the parts are getting silly, esp. starting to demand proofs where the opportunity could be used for studying the issue openly.

Women are too much used to giving advice for the other sex as opposed to receiving it. I thought that women want to use their power and prosper, instead of being marginalized?

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Just from the top of my head, Beyonce is coming to mind..

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I much agree to Xander's style and delivery, as this is something we discussed briefly. Part of the reception seems a bit out of proportions, and misses most of the points made.

Some of the parts are getting silly, esp. starting to demand proofs where the opportunity could be used for studying the issue openly.
What exactly are the points made? Just a couple of blokes whining about bitches, far as I can see. Like that's news. :rolli:
Women are too much used to giving advice for the other sex as opposed to receiving it. I thought that women want to use their power and prosper, instead of being marginalized?
If you stopped contradicting yourselves and stomping your feet like toddlers and aimed for something approaching coherence, instead of these vague, worthless generalizations, you might get somewhere.

And when we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.

:smooch:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm a role model now?

Gee. thanks.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
May I take a stab at it?

I think what Ina was getting at is that role models or no role models, finding new ones isn't the real problem. The real problem is how women are viewed when they get/seek power. One can identify all the Margaret Thatchers ( :D ) in the world, but they'll still get labeled with negative traits until the underlying attitudes towards women are changed.

Or am I wrong?

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
By the criteria in this thread, few famous men make good role models either....you have to be successful (fame, money, talent, power) and kind and gracious and moral? I agree that is more rare with men.

Anyway, I don't think I saw Audrey Hepburn listed yet, but she should be.

I'm not prepared to say that I think the combination of qualities in question is rarer in men than in women, but I do suspect that acceptable/suitable male role models are being judged by different criteria than female ones here.

To the thread: how many successful men really get to where they are without putting other people down at some point along the way?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
May I take a stab at it?

I think what Ina was getting at is that role models or no role models, finding new ones isn't the real problem. The real problem is how women are viewed when they get/seek power. One can identify all the Margaret Thatchers ( :D ) in the world, but they'll still get labeled with negative traits until the underlying attitudes towards women are changed.

Or am I wrong?

:doh:
Yeah, cos Ina, of all people, really needs someone to speak for her.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
not bad clown-face.

:doh:
Yeah, cos Ina, of all people, really needs someone to speak for her.
I can has voice? :puppy_dog_eyes:

Don't worry your pretty little head about it Miss, I'm here to straighten things out.
:popc1:
[takes a seat]

I'm not prepared to say that I think the combination of qualities in question is rarer in men than in women, but I do suspect that acceptable/suitable male role models are being judged by different criteria than female ones here.

To the thread: how many successful men really get to where they are without putting other people down at some point along the way?
A damn good question.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been practicing the purrfect purr by gargling water. Lady, you won't know what hit you.

Quiet, you, or you won't get any pudding.

Ah, sexy assertive becomes you so well, babe!:wubbie:

Be my role-model? Now that my role-model is gone, gone, ducked back down the alley with some roly-poly little bat-faced girl.

All along along there were incidents and accidents there were hints and allegations.

No bloody points worth debating though.
;)