User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Ah, sexy assertive becomes you so well, babe!

Be my role-model? Now that my role-model is gone, gone, ducked back down the alley with some roly-poly little bat-faced girl.

All along along there were incidents and accidents there were hints and allegations.

No bloody points worth debating though.
    + [swoon]

sigh . . .
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

So let me get this right, some say it's a good thread idea to the point that they're bothered that it's been derailed in five minutes flat but it's also malformed, ill conceived and lacking in proofs?

Well I'm confused. Personally I'm paying attention to those joining in. If someone wants to mod this mess into two I'd be grateful. That way all those with appendages out on the table can get satisfaction and those who want to make some headway can carry on, I'll keep my head out of the latter. Obviously it's too controversial.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Women who have power and presence without gaining it or expressing it via beating others down.
    How do men get power?

Power is messy. Let a woman get her hands dirty.

Wading in to this sort of thing is not what I'd normally do, but for crying out loud ....

I can see where Xander is coming from with the OP, having spent the time to discuss the concept with him before posting. There are plenty of women role models out there, but an awful lot of them are either portrayed as your stereotypical ball breaker, shrivelling violet, or dimwit pedalled out because she looks nice. You don't see many women who are confident in their abilities that can cope under extreme pressure without resorting to some sort of negative behaviour to win the argument.

I think there are different types of role model, We have plenty of Divas, but I tend to look towards current affairs for examples of women I look up to. This would be due to me having zero aspirations to be an actress or singer - I lean more towards politics.... Ann Widdecome was not an example I would have initially thought of, but that is probably more of a policy thing than anything else... In the realm of politics the first woman who sprung to mind was Mo Molem - for the work she did on the peace treaty for Northern Ireland.

I don't see this as Xander whinging about "bitches".... Perhaps he should have considered the role of the media in his original musings but that doesn't make his question any less valid.... I find it interesting that some people are so against a male recognising that there is an issue with the portrayal of women role models.... To me it shows that he's interested in the female point of view and wants to develop more of an understanding of it.

We spend all this time complaining that men don't understand us, then set about one who's trying to do just that.... No wonder they complain about female logic

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    How do men get power?

Power is messy. Let a woman get her hands dirty.
    If power was handed out thus then you'd have to enter each and every meeting like you were going to play rollerball. But you don't. Long term power can be gained through such tactics but it's not viable for a day in day out style of leadership.

Boss not bossy in a similar vein to official not officious.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFJ

A woman is supposed to be virtuous first and successful second, as opposed to a man who is supposed to be successful first and virtuous second.

It's so much easier to question virtue than success.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    enfp

^ You should see some of my initial posts in this forum, where I said a woman's education is a very important screening criteria for me. I got so much shiet for that.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Justitia. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    ^ You should see some of my initial posts in this forum, where I said a woman's education is a very important screening criteria for me. I got so much shiet for that.
    ...why?

It's not that I think women should be graded on the men's scale. On the contrary, I think men should be graded on the women's scale. The world needs more virtuous male role models.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    ...why?

It's not that I think women should be graded on the men's scale. On the contrary, I think men should be graded on the women's scale. The world needs more virtuous male role models.
    I wondered why as well...

Education (well intellect) is important to me.. I could not have married someone who wasn't able to match me on an intellectual basis... it's not based around qualifications, more about how the individual uses their brain.

it would be nice if there were a common scale though wouldn't it???