User Tag List

First 715161718 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Lol... Isn't that a rather extreme variety. You know those women who originate from some small village in the middle of nowhere?
    Nope, they're all over the place. Whenever you see a woman like that you should think, "Damn she must have high testosterone!" and recommend her for leadership positions.

If this were the case that a lack of testosterone fosters such competitive behavior, women should be completely dominating capitalist markets. The only reason they're not is pure discrimination.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Nope, they're all over the place. Whenever you see a woman like that you should think, "Damn she must have high testosterone!" and recommend her for leadership positions.
    That's a point.

So basically what you're saying is not that we should be striving for equal right for women in general but just for the ugly ones... I like it!

Power to the uggoes!!!
    If this were the case that a lack of testosterone fosters such competitive behavior, women should be completely dominating capitalist markets. The only reason they're not is pure discrimination.
    That's quite probably true. However preventing corporate war with private armies would be the real trick. Perhaps it's preservation of the species which stops wise old blokes recruiting women...

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFJ

That's quite probably true. However preventing corporate war with private armies would be the real trick. Perhaps it's preservation of the species which stops wise old blokes recruiting women...

No way! Whatever happened to striving for progress? Women should be the leaders in this economy because they are so naturally competitive, and men should go to necessary noncompetitive pursuits, like childcare and nursing, where they belong!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

No way! Whatever happened to striving for progress? Women should be the leaders in this economy because they are so naturally competitive, and men should go to necessary noncompetitive pursuits, like childcare and nursing, where they belong!
    Exactly. Women, especially the pretty ones, should be sent to fight in the armed services.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The creative don't have role models. It is only the uncreative that have role models.
    Then how do you explain that most individuals who make a creative contribution have influences from other creative people who have come before them?

There is no such thing as pure originality in the world. Each human being, whether creative or not, is a conglomeration of the influences they have encountered. We mirror back every nuance of our speech, the way we use our hands when we speak, the opinions we hold, how we respond to conflict, the way we cook spaghetti, etc. There might be a sliver of originality in the way we reassemble these influences or in the ability to transfer an old influence into a new context. Role models can be a source of conscious or unconscious influence, but they are there regardless.

Exactly. Women, especially the pretty ones, should be sent to fight in the armed services.
    Issues involving involuntary military service are another question, but I personally would rather live in a world where my contribution was treated for its own merits and not reevaluated because of gender even if that meant my life would be at equal risk in that society. To have my intellectual contribution dismissed because of some aspect of my physicality is already a kind of death.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Then how do you explain that most individuals who make a creative contribution have influences from other creative people who have come before them?
    They must kill the creative person who has come before them.

But first they must eat them, consume them, feed on them and digest them, making them part of oneself - before killing them.

Oedipus killed his father and Electra killed her mother, freeing them to create the world.

All role models perish in the fires of creativity to make the world anew.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    BioMed Portugal

In short, men are more fair in a competitive situation than women, thanks to their testosterone. This is in contrast to the popular view of how the hormone works. Perhaps this is the explanation, not the role models.

Edit: an addition: The summary told nothing of men compared to women - that was synthesis on my part, on the basis of common knowledge that men have higher levels of testosterone. Other issues may affect the behavior of men and women, as well.
    The biggest problem with your "synthesis" that it contradicts other studies on this test between men and women.

From the BBC Sex ID Test on dividing money:

Ultimatum

This task asked you how you would divide money.

If you had to split 50 with someone, you said you would demand 25

So far on the Sex ID test, men have demanded 51.6% (25.80) of the pot and women have demanded 51.0% (25.50), on average.

What does your response suggest?

Sex differences are small in this task. Demanding less than 60% of the pot (ie 30) is more typically female. Demanding more than 65% of the pot (ie 32.50) is more typically male.

Scientists believe that people with lower testosterone levels tend to take fewer risks so they are probably more willing to keep less for themselves. Those with higher testosterone levels tend to drive a harder bargain and are less compromising.

Men's testosterone levels fluctuate over the seasons and are at their lowest levels during the springtime. This is said to influence their bargaining power.
    So, I'm guessing if you want to divide money with someone, do it with a woman with hirutism, because she'll give you a fair bargain, right?

Maybe women respond to testosterone being introduced to their bodies differently. Or maybe the sample size isn't good enough, or maybe, hey, Swiss women are just weird and too different from British women to compare.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Out of the box female role models:

Queen Victoria, Violet Marcell, Adriana Lima, Goldie Hawn etc.

In the box role female models:

Hillary Clinton, Paris Hilton, Tyra Banks, Madonna etc.

MBTI
    ENTP

They should be sent to my house for my services.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Issues involving involuntary military service are another question, but I personally would rather live in a world where my contribution was treated for its own merits and not reevaluated because of gender even if that meant my life would be at equal risk in that society. To have my intellectual contribution dismissed because of some aspect of my physicality is already a kind of death.
    Precisely. But is it fair to try and have a sexually neutral measure or is that just unfair to both sexes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    They should be sent to my house for my services.
    Armed?