User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Okay, so this is the thread I visited when I was mad the other night. Let's see..

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Plz people, drop the idiotic whore-or-saint -scenarios. You're just flattering yourself with all of those. THe whole damned thread is about losing ideas like that and other cr*p that holds you back.
    Okay, used curse words there; that was unneeded.

But, contrary to what some people claim, I haven't been congratulated from my pissy behavior, even tho I am a male.

Perhaps the acceptance of crimes of the male has been greatly exaggerated.

A side note: Do they install alco locks to computers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Arilee View Post
    Although it's worse for one of my colleagues who's an engineer - we have some customers who don't want to take her advice, purely because she's a girl....
    And so shall it remain until women stop this psychological genuflection before "the male perspective." No incentive not to behave badly.
    Hacking themselves to bits to become more acceptable is not always an option. Good thing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu
    Perhaps the acceptance of crimes of the male has been greatly exaggerated.
    Doubtful. We did see, for example, a defense of Xander's hyperaggressive response with "And her initial contribution was so helpful wasn't it..."
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    And so shall it remain until women stop this psychological genuflection before "the male perspective." No incentive not to behave badly.
    Hacking themselves to bits to become more acceptable is not always an option. Good thing, too.
    Ina dearest,
    are you suggesting that women are to blame for male arrogance and pride?

(sorry, but you're the only person in this thread worth engaging )
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

And some people wonder why they're not taken seriously.

I've tried repeatedly to get this back onto some form of discussion, now this is just descending into a cluster of bait and switch.

Congrats you pair, I am now confused as to whether to block you, try again to get some kind of discussion where you may actually engage instead of trying drive by spamming with no real content, later then professing to have solved a mystery which does even seem to exists, or to just respond and try to assemble this whole derail into one line of discussion with some form of content so that things can progress.

If there's any indication of actual discussion which may get somewhere other than bra burning or discussions on how two teenagers have been repressed for hundreds of years then I may engage. Otherwise I think this is a done deal really, perhaps the whole forum too.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

The creative don't have role models. It is only the uncreative that have role models.

The uncreative leech off the creative. But 'leech' is such a pejorative word, so it must be replaced by words that sell better, such as, 'role model'.

To model yourself on a role sounds so much better than leeching off the creative.

But even modelling yourself on a role means you are a role player. And role players are just not creative. For a role is predetermined - it is the antithesis of creativity.

And many want to be models - not because models are creative, but because modelling is glamourous. And the glamour is designed to conceal the uncreative nature of modelling.

So the creative need a role model like a fish needs a bicycle.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    And some people wonder why they're not taken seriously.

I've tried repeatedly to get this back onto some form of discussion, now this is just descending into a cluster of bait and switch.

Congrats you pair, I am now confused as to whether to block you, try again to get some kind of discussion where you may actually engage instead of trying drive by spamming with no real content, later then professing to have solved a mystery which does even seem to exists, or to just respond and try to assemble this whole derail into one line of discussion with some form of content so that things can progress.

If there's any indication of actual discussion which may get somewhere other than bra burning or discussions on how two teenagers have been repressed for hundreds of years then I may engage. Otherwise I think this is a done deal really, perhaps the whole forum too.
    This thread has a very poorly thought out OP. It's just a weak premise. That's why it's getting stomped on.

Simply make a better thread next time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    This thread has a very poorly thought out OP. It's just a weak premise. That's why it's getting stomped on.

Simply make a better thread next time.
    That would be an excellent concept if it came from someone who had the background to actually be in the position to evaluate but seeing as it's a poorly thought out insult or two thrown out at an idea that if I'd made some backhanded half arsed comment about the idea being in development would have probably gone unnoticed.

It's quite simple, if you don't get why... ask! Insult and expect to get rebuked.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The creative don't have role models. It is only the uncreative that have role models.

The uncreative leech off the creative. But 'leech' is such a pejorative word, so it must be replaced by words that sell better, such as, 'role model'.

To model yourself on a role sounds so much better than leeching off the creative.

But even modelling yourself on a role means you are a role player. And role players are just not creative. For a role is predetermined - it is the antithesis of creativity.

And many want to be models - not because models are creative, but because modelling is glamourous. And the glamour is designed to conceal the uncreative nature of modelling.

So the creative need a role model like a fish needs a bicycle.
    Roles and role models are not prescriptive unless used as such the same as english and any other form of communication. A fish does not need a bike because the tool has no application. The creative need role models as much as anyone else because they form descriptions, shortcuts and examples around which meaningful discourse can be assembled. Without such people you're basically being a goldfish.

No language exists without stereotypes, role models are central to stereotypes. Whether people use such impliments for good or bad is as irrelevant to their existence as life itself. You can't say, for example, that humans do evil things ergo wipe out the whole race. The same is true for stereotypes and role models.

Oh and don't go offending the role players... You'll get a d20 in the eye quicker than you can say "was that a confirmation roll?".

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not really into role models myself, but I guess one woman stands out for me as worthy of much respect...

Nichole Kidman...while/after she broke up with Tom Cruise. She as an actress that to be honest was a bit on the candyfloss side - nothing particuarly specail, pretty girl, very capable etc. Very happily married from the media perspective. Then he drops his bombshell and riped her world appart - She managed the next 2 - 4 years so well, with so much dignity and class, such visible hurt and pain so raw on the surface and never once did she hit out or back etc. She behaved like a total lady and threw herself into her work.

She made a range of truely brlliantly acted movies during this time, Mouline Rouge, The hours, The nterpreter, Cold Mountain etc.

I guess for me she was the epitomy of grace under pressure, and as I said at the beinging I'm not particualrly into celebraty culture or aspire or elevate people, but the women was increadibly respect worthy.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've never felt the need to look for role models of my same race or gender ever- an impressive acheivement is an impressive acheivement, regardless of gender or background! Maybe thats just me though...

How about Barbara Jordan (if there is a God I hope that they speak like her! ) or Louisa May Alcott (I just heard a program on the radio about her a while back- fascinating, smart and strong woman!)? They're not usually as well known pop culturally anymore-but they were impressive... And I've always loved Katherine Hepburn
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett