User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Okay so just to keep in touch, my criteria isn't valid because I'm looking for a personal quality which is difficult to measure and label? I should be looking to people who have achieved something concrete?

As to the two who seem rather disappointed with the topic or it's premises but still interested enough to post repeatedly, perhaps you would be brave enough to voice your concerns in PMs so they can be discussed without the hullabaloo and then when we've gotten somewhere we can continue here when it's constructive?
    I dunno if its directed at me, but yeah if it is, I'll stop dood. I feel bad now cus I didn't even read most of this thread...

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    \As to the two who seem rather disappointed with the topic or it's premises but still interested enough to post repeatedly, perhaps you would be brave enough to voice your concerns in PMs so they can be discussed without the hullabaloo and then when we've gotten somewhere we can continue here when it's constructive?
    I found many of their comments very interesting actually.
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Plz people, drop the idiotic whore-or-saint -scenarios. You're just flattering yourself with all of those. THe whole damned thread is about losing ideas like that and other cr*p that holds you back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    In my opinion, most powerful people are cutthroat, pissy types.
    The do tend to be.... but for some reason this is seen as a positive thing for men, but negative when a woman displays these qualities....

Frustrating as hell when you're a woman working in male dominated industries....

MBTI
    intp

Frustrating as hell when you're a woman working in male dominated industries....
    Take it from one who does - you either sack up and play or get the hell out of the ballpark. Who knows, you may end up enjoying it. I do.
    The little miss Muffett act gets you nowhere.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    I dunno if its directed at me, but yeah if it is, I'll stop dood. I feel bad now cus I didn't even read most of this thread...
    No, I was referring to the brewing weeing contest. I was considering a step ladder but it seemed more mature to try and remove it from the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    I found many of their comments very interesting actually.
    Yup. Which is why I don't want to engage on some concept of mutual deletion of posts. I figured it'd be just better to try to remove any further competition until some personal resolution can be found.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    ugh. I hate that.

Guys should work out to get better at sports. not solely to impress girls.

Guys who work out like crazy, but suck at sports = retarded IMO. come on at least some sport based on willpower then, like marathon or something. But get all buff for the girls but suck at throwing a baseball/basketball/football/tennis/ etc... ? Come on... lolz

In that girl's situation, she was bumming it around, and I didn't like that about her. So eventually she started studying for the LSATs to go to law school, and says it was bc of me. Yeah, I thought it was "cute" she did that. And yes, I say that with a goofy smile on my face. Not a condescending look of evil. Sheesh.
    If you put it that way, it sounds sweet. But it sounds like an isolated thing, not a generalized "I like it when girls" etc.

I think there's a difference between working out to get buff to impress the ladies and working out so you don't become lazy slob when you know you're terribly uncoordinated.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    But you must realize that question - a far better one, btw - orients the thread in a different direction from this thread, which is premised on the notion that something is wrong with the vast majority of these women.
    I even asked what these women could have been or done to not fall prey. Crickets are still chirping on that one.
    it's certainly worth looking at although I'm not sure we'd come to any sort of conclusion. IMO where I've come across the situation I find that some men are very intimidated when faced with a woman who is of a strong character and could be more capable at a task than they are. I guess it comes back to social stereo types... I like to challenge this sort of thing - especially as I have pretty much always worked in predominantly male industries where it's very difficult for a woman to gain respect for a technical role.

Maybe Xander is the only one you understand. The raging ball of pissy hormones described him, not you. Given the context I don't know why you'd think that referred to you unless you assumed pissy = female.
    Thought it was relating to me because you had commented under a quote from Morgan Le Fay about "Wifey on the warpath". Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Take it from one who does - you either sack up and play or get the hell out of the ballpark. Who knows, you may end up enjoying it. I do.
    The little miss Muffett act gets you nowhere.
    I do enjoy it - that's not to say I don't get incredibly annoyed with it at times though.... Although it's worse for one of my colleagues who's an engineer - we have some customers who don't want to take her advice, purely because she's a girl....

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If you put it that way, it sounds sweet. But it sounds like an isolated thing, not a generalized "I like it when girls" etc.

I think there's a difference between working out to get buff to impress the ladies and working out so you don't become lazy slob when you know you're terribly uncoordinated.
    haha yeah I guess about the working out thing yea.

I had this ex who I totally pushed to get her master's in education too. reminds me tho that i used to teach this SAT class, and some of the female students seemed like they were "crushing" me. Weird asss hell. Told them to stop wearing makeup in class, esp the ones who sat in front, cus it took away their study time and energy. I made it known that I like diligent students, and i think that made some of the female students study. If they did it to impress me, well thats a good thing. even my current gf, I am totally pushing her to finish up her PhD. but thats a different context.