MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Eternue-MDL View Post
    I think I see your point, Xander.

In the last three to four years, I've been virtually campaigning amongst those closest to me to stop buying multi-coloured plastic toys which don't induce creative interaction and rather opt for wooden, metal (non-lead), and inspirational toys. Isn't it odd how so many of these modern toys are becoming the focus of things like high-lead content? Most importantly, I see all the colors and such as being a source of sensory overload and assisting in shallow imaginations/lack of creativity.
    Your campaigning for subtlety then. I quite agree.

My playful side would love it though if you were campaigning for subdued colours and riches textures whilst dressed like Mr Blobby

You should see the computer enthusiast market, for every person who likes brushed aluminium and mood effect lighting in their computer there's seven billion who want cold cathodes in every orifice and probably use about 2Kw every hour just to run the fancy lighting! It's like blackpool beach in season, at night times ten all in one little computer case!! It's no wonder many nerds need glasses. The screens no longer damage your eyes, it's the bloomin special effects team in your case!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    xNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    "There's nothing more boring than someone who says everything is boring" try telling that to the next disaffected teenager you meet
    I generally tell people like that that they'd cheer right up if they revamped their lifestyle and chelated the neurotoxins. They don't usually want to hear it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Though I would say that perhaps the SNES is a bit extreme IMO. You still playing the Legend of Zelda? Ooo if you have the hardware you may enjoy the Elderscrolls stuff they've brought out. That's too slow even for me!! Oblivion to my mind is like a gentle stroll, not what I'm looking for in entertainment really but it could be the kind of involved stuff you like.
    Oblivion is considered to be a dumbed-down one, actually. I've seen many fans of the series who wouldn't even categorize it as an RPG.

Morrowind took about 10 hours just to get into, but after that it was utterly awesome, with the depth, moral implications, etc, factions, etc.

As far as kids go...I know several who are used to their parents catering to their every whim, instantly. They tend to be whiny, low pain tolerance kids who'll give out their information on Runescape, insult people, and then go whining when they get trash back.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    I generally tell people like that that they'd cheer right up if they revamped their lifestyle and chelated the neurotoxins. They don't usually want to hear it.
    Hey you leave my coffee out of this!!!
    *turning to mug*
    Don't worry honey he didn't really mean it. He's just a cricket and we know how little sense that makes...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Oblivion is considered to be a dumbed-down one, actually. I've seen many fans of the series who wouldn't even categorize it as an RPG.
    It's more of a roll playing game than a role playing game but it depends on your taste as to which is better.
    Morrowind took about 10 hours just to get into, but after that it was utterly awesome, with the depth, moral implications, etc, factions, etc.
    See now compared to real roleplay that game is stilted and controlled like a clamp on a really long pole. Oh and the thing I absolutely abhor about this "new" idea in roleplay games on computers/ consoles is the concept that the player's capability at fighting should have anything to do with the game. I'm sorry but if I'm playing some kind of kick ass warrior then I ace your rogue in melee (usually). No amounts of furious button bashing should change that. To do otherwise would be to destroy the main thing in RPGs which is the suspension of disbelief. That's something silicon DMs don't come even close to so far.

Sorry but I tried Morrowind and I'd rather play Pokemon and I don't like those kinds of games and hate the whole Pokemon franchise!
    As far as kids go...I know several who are used to their parents catering to their every whim, instantly. They tend to be whiny, low pain tolerance kids who'll give out their information on Runescape, insult people, and then go whining when they get trash back.
    Noooooooo MMORPG!!! HEATHEN!!! MUST CRUCIFY!!!

on a more serious note you'd have thought that the local bullies would have cured those tendencies before they ever blossomed.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I want my kids to have everything that I wanted when I was young.
    This is, ironically, an idea which is only ever taken seriously by the young. I think part of growing up is realising the naivete of this notion, and those who still take it seriously betray the fact that they never grew up.

Many parents seem scarcely more mature than their children. Often, it is not so much that they ruin their kids lives, so much as their kids end up ruining the lives of others.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    This is, ironically, an idea which is only ever taken seriously by the young. I think part of growing up is realising the naivete of this notion, and those who still take it seriously betray the fact that they never grew up.

Many parents seem scarcely more mature than their children. Often, it is not so much that they ruin their kids lives, so much as their kids ruin the lives of others.
    It seems that although most parents don't voice that exact sentiment it does control their responses to all the latest toys. I must admit that as an Uncle I'm very guilty of that particular habit.

Many parents seem scarcely more mature than their children. Often, it is not so much that they ruin their kids lives, so much as their kids end up ruining the lives of others.
    My sister who is an xSFJ put it quite well to her children. "It's good to want, but that doesn't mean you're gonna get."

Seriously, hasn't being unable to get everything we want made us into more balanced people?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I edited:

My repair job does stink. It was a bit hasty.
    I wouldn't worry too much. Unlces are the exception to the rule ;p
    I did point out to my sister that I didn't sign up for any part of the responsibility, I'm just entertainment.

I never realised till years later that the word "entertainment" should have been replaced with "Activity centre" or "climbing frame". Oh well I still get the giving them back bit which is the important part

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eternue-MDL View Post
    Seriously, hasn't being unable to get everything we want made us into more balanced people?
    Seriously, why are you asking me? I just gave my thoughts, and agree that it likely helps.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.