User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Body Language

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    This is the way the game is played. I personally don't see any reason to fight it.
    This is true. So I imagine it is all a matter of taste.

Do you find game playing to your taste? Or do you prefer intimacy?

And interpersonal game playing, of course, is designed to avoid personal intimacy.

And in a society where we are all commodities, intimacy is inefficient.

And it is entirely appropriate to type commodities, and entirely inappropriate to type persons.

And most here see themselves as commodities to be typed. So why not you?

And why not follow on and read someone's body language rather than relate to them as another person.

But it is difficult to relate to another person if you see yourself as a commodity rather than a person.

And you are right, it is a cultural imperative to treat ourselves as commodities. And that is why we type ourselves here with all the pride of obedient children.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is true. So I imagine it is all a matter of taste.

Do you find game playing to your taste? Or do you prefer intimacy?

And interpersonal game playing, of course, is designed to avoid personal intimacy.

And in a society where we are all commodities, intimacy is inefficient.

And it is entirely appropriate to type commodities, and entirely inappropriate to type persons.

And most here see themselves as commodities to be typed. So why not you?

And why not follow on and read someone's body language rather than relate to them as another person.

But it is difficult to relate to another person if you see yourself as a commodity rather than a person.

And you are right, it is a cultural imperative to treat ourselves as commodities. And that is why we type ourselves here with all the pride of obedient children.
    Peoples perception of reality differs, your perspective is not special nor does it gives you the right to force it upon other people. You type people as sheep who follows the conventional flow of society which contridicts the message of generalizing people as commodities as you are also generalizing, making you a hypocrite.

No one is labeling anyone commodities; your arguement is base on Ethos which has no base or foundation other than yourself and people with similar mentality. Arguement based on Ethos is subjected to logical fallancy, therefore unrealiable within groups with different perspectives of reality.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    XXFP

The girl in your avatar: her body language conveys a little bit of confusion or expectation (in the arms/shoulders, maybe eyes). Like she's being posed by the photographer, and she's saying: "Raise my hair/arms like this?" while her lower body looks like she hasn't been settled into that pose very long.

Also, it's probably airbrushed, so who knows.

I can't really give much specific advice on body language. I would imagine that "reading" is a skill, and all skills can be developed, but I've read some articles on the subject and it comes across rather stilted. It's very context dependent, as well.

My interpretation above, for instance, is heavily loaded with what I imagine to be the scene - a model being photographed. But stripped down to the basics, all I have is "something funny (incongruent) about her eyes", "looseness in her elbow and wrist" and "fresh in her right leg." All of this is really based on feel more than careful examination. This could be interpreted in many, many different ways.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    The girl in your avatar: her body language conveys a little bit of confusion or expectation (in the arms/shoulders, maybe eyes). Like she's being posed by the photographer, and she's saying: "Raise my hair/arms like this?" while her lower body looks like she hasn't been settled into that pose very long.

Also, it's probably airbrushed, so who knows.

I can't really give much specific advice on body language. I would imagine that "reading" is a skill, and all skills can be developed, but I've read some articles on the subject and it comes across rather stilted. It's very context dependent, as well.

My interpretation above, for instance, is heavily loaded with what I imagine to be the scene - a model being photographed. But stripped down to the basics, all I have is "something funny (incongruent) about her eyes", "looseness in her elbow and wrist" and "fresh in her right leg." All of this is really based on feel more than careful examination. This could be interpreted in many, many different ways.
    All i see is her hotness ...

MBTI
    XXFP

Actually, I revise my statement.

At first I saw "heavy" in her lower body, than I edited and said I saw "fresh" and now i see "heavy" again. She's shifting weight off her right leg to her left side, on her butt.

Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Go people watching.

Try to understand what's going on between people or two, at a bar, in the street, at school wherever.

That's the best way, or read a body language book.

Or do something like this:

Trick question: who is relaxed?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

body language seems like something you have to determine on the fly, based on the context of the situation. formulas and systems to explain 'signs' seem silly, because they have no context.

i fold my arms A LOT, but i do it when i am very happy and when i am very angry. i do it when i am amped up and excited (in a good way or a bad way), and when i am exhausted.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Go people watching.

Try to understand what's going on between people or two, at a bar, in the street, at school wherever.

That's the best way, or read a body language book.

Or do something like this:

Trick question: who is relaxed?

The chick is the one relax. The dude also looks like he's faking his smile. Right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Just press the subtitles button on the remote control of life. It will translate all foreign languages into the one you understand best, and the translations will conveniently appear right above people's heads. You can even change the font size!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Just press the subtitles button on the remote control of life. It will translate all foreign languages into the one you understand best, and the translations will conveniently appear right above people's heads. You can even change the font size!
    Great!!! Where do i buy this remote.