User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I just don't like being self-conscious and presenting a front all the time. I would rather be my usual and if we get along, we get along.
    It's not fronting. Sometimes being you (not you you) can be like throwing cold water in someones face. I prefer frogs in boiling water.

If you're just out there, you give people no period of adjustment. And there are often people would will like you just fine if you just give them time to warm up to you. But there are also people who will like you if you tell them you like anal plugs as well within the first three hours of knowing them. Perform an audience analysis.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

As far as presenting a front goes. I think a likeable persons personality is broad. So they put their best foot forward. That is why likeable people tend to have broad interests to draw from. Their thinking is open as opposed to closed.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    It's not fronting. Sometimes being you (not you you) can be like throwing cold water in someones face. I prefer frogs in boiling water.

If you're just out there, you give people no period of adjustment. And there are often people would will like you just fine if you just give them time to warm up to you. But there are also people who will like you if you tell them you like anal plugs as well within the first three hours of knowing them. Perform an audience analysis.
    I didn't know you like anal plugs.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I didn't know you like anal plugs.
    But I've known you longer than three hours.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    ENTP

Touche!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    As far as presenting a front goes. I think a likeable persons personality is broad. So they put their best foot forward. That is why likeable people tend to have broad interests to draw from. Their thinking is open as opposed to closed.
    That's a nice way to think about it. Well, of course I wouldn't talk about certain things but I also would feel compelled to be my real self.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Define realness, plz.

And I'm not saying hide your real self, just let it out s l o w l y.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Dickinson
    Tell all the Truth but tell it slant—
    Success in Circuit lies
    Too bright for our infirm Delight
    The Truth’s superb surprise
    As Lightening to the Children eased
    With explanation kind
    The Truth must dazzle gradually
    Or every man be blind—
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch
    Being real.
    I have imaginary friends whom I like.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know what's likable to others but i like authentic accepting people who say funny or interesting things or at least allow me to tease them for not being that way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Horse urine, at least thats what the packaging to this bottle here reads
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Horse urine, at least thats what the packaging to this bottle here reads
    Yes! Discuss the rejuvenating and age defying qualities of horse urine. You'll have to beat them back with your riding crop!