User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Distractable?

Default Distractable?

How distractable are you?

I've become interested in my distractable personality. I think I inherited it from my dad. I don't really have a question but am interested in your thoughts on distraction.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

very. mainly anxiety related.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think being easily distracted is generally a P thing. SPs are distracted by potential thrills and beauty in the environment (OOOHHH SPARKLY!!), while NPs are distracted by their constant stream of ideas induced by anything and everything at any given moment. We all just crave fun, so we are easily distracted when we see the potential for it.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't know, its probably an extravert thing too. I think we have less self discipline.

Probably Se or Ne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

^Yeah I was actually going to modify my post and say that it's probably even worse for Se/Ne doms, but whoops, I got distracted and forgot...

I don't have any trouble concentrating on a task, something that I do. But sometimes I really can't listen, as much as I try, it's like listening through a thick fog.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I don't have any trouble concentrating on a task, something that I do. But sometimes I really can't listen, as much as I try, it's like listening through a thick fog.
    I get that a lot too. If I get immersed in a project I'm working on or something I enjoy doing then it's quite difficult to distract me from it.

But my thoughts keep wandering if I don't really involve myself fully in what I'm supposed to be doing. It's like if I read or hear something and all of a sudden my mind just gets so involved in one aspect of what I read or heard that a long time passes when I can finally get myself out of that. It's a sudden jolt, back to reality. It's enjoyable at times but also frustrating when you're supposed to get things done.

What do people mean when they say thoughts? Lost in thoughts? I just feel zoned out. Or the thoughts are really random, things thrown at me. Is that what people mean by being lost in thoughts?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    What do people mean when they say thoughts? Lost in thoughts? I just feel zoned out. Or the thoughts are really random, things thrown at me. Is that what people mean by being lost in thoughts?
    That's what it feels like to me to be lost in thoughts. Everything else around me seems like a blur, the sounds are muffled but the thoughts flow in. It can be random, one thing leading to another. But it can also be circling around one theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    That's what it feels like to me to be lost in thoughts. Everything else around me seems like a blur, the sounds are muffled but the thoughts flow in. It can be random, one thing leading to another. But it can also be circling around one theme.
    That is an excellent description of it. Funny old habit that.