User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Distractable?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm distracted quite a lot...if i'm in some creative pursuit i seem to be hyperfocused...not in an organized way someone else might be but there's more focus...but it's a very lost in thought unaware of physical surroundings feeling...like sometimes other people can't even penetrate...you know...like...i see you and can tell you're talkin but....why?? haha that sounds awful and it's certainly not all the time but...it just depends on how much i have on my mind.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm distracted quite a lot...if i'm in some creative pursuit i seem to be hyperfocused...not in an organized way someone else might be but there's more focus...but it's a very lost in thought unaware of physical surroundings feeling...like sometimes other people can't even penetrate...you know...like...i see you and can tell you're talkin but....why?? haha that sounds awful and it's certainly not all the time but...it just depends on how much i have on my mind.
    I know what you mean. Sometimes I can just be a million miles away, especially if I have some idea in my head. It just captures my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    very. mainly anxiety related.
    I'm right there with you. I get teased by my friends (and I embrace it) that I can be right in the middle of a sentence and will break off into "oooooh, look.... shiny metal objects!" LOL.

But where anxiety is concerned, I have at times struggled to keep focused on the task at hand and caught myself sitting staring, totally inside my head focused on the thoughts racing around. I just keep breaking myself out of it and trying to refocus, only to find myself in the same position a few minutes later, and no progress on the task.

It has been a few years, and a few prescriptions, since it was that bad for me, but I would still classify myself as extremely easily distracted.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I'm not sure I'm getting distracted rather than looking for more posibilities to draw parallells in between on-going thoughts and tie it all together with my original focus.

So, I think I'm not that distracted, no. You know that when you have to do something you'd prefer not to do; then I'd be easily diverted by anything that brings new ways of thinking or a moment of peace aka. lost in thought.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Gee, I don't know how to answer this question. I am typically completely focused on what I am doing, but then if I am distracted away from what I am doing I become completely focused on the distraction....which is why I hate distractions I have no control over (phone ringing, etc). I could have a ton of things to do, but I will end up talking on the phone...I call it shiney ball syndrome...Ohhhh! Shiney ball...I can't resist!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

It depends on my state of mind. I can tune out a lot of things, but then everything on the outside is a mass of chaos and that becomes distracting.
    There are times when i focus on one thing, get distracted, but my next line of action if to go back to the first thing. I do this a lot in conversation. Leaving off and going back, but i don't like to spend an extended period of time on a distraction until i've revisited the previous. (Oh damnit that all sounds so enfj it hurts. I'm going to go cry in the corner now)
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

[YOUTUBE="HxoWHeoYU3g"]Dug[/YOUTUBE]

squirrel!