User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Since you were using from such an early age, do you think there are underlying anxieties you might be able to address that might mitigate some of the feelings driving the need to escape?
    Not at all. I had an ideal childhood in my POV, and in the POV of professionals the only issue I had was a divorce(I was 2.75). I was always smarter than the other kids, I owned in school. The issue that pro's say could be the cause is my(let me use primitive terms) psychopathy(or antisocial personality disorder). I have very little regard for norms, and NEED a logical basis, or I simply ignore them. My lack of inhibition and love of novelty led me to try everything and I got the sharp side of opiates. That's my point of view on the situation.

good luck on quiting,

Doing drugs is one of the biggest mistakes you can make in your life, with no benefit whatsoever. But its never too late to turn back. I hope you will eventually become clean and start living a healthy life again. All it takes is determination.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mtaclof View Post

I would accept free heroin right now if someone passed me the dope, even though it hurts to admit it.
    So you don't think being clean will last?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    good luck on quiting,

Doing drugs is one of the biggest mistakes you can make in your life, with no benefit whatsoever. But its never too late to turn back. I hope you will eventually become clean and start living a healthy life again. All it takes is determination.
    I have to take issue with this. I don't view doing drugs as a mistake I made in my life. It's something that definitely had negative consequences, but it is a fact that most people who try drugs do not get addicted. Also, I have extensive experience with all types of drugs, yet I've only ever struggled with opiates as a negative force in my life.
    I think to say that trying drugs is a mistake with no benefits is simply you projecting your personal moral beliefs upon the subject. I know a lot of people who unwind day after day with a joint, and the only negative I've ever seen them suffer is at the hands of the unjust laws of prohibition that we as Americans have to deal with.
    In fact, even in my heroin addiction, prohibition did nothing aside from make things more difficult for me. Because of prohibition I had to spend all my money and a lot of time acquiring the drug, and it caused me to lose my job and even face a criminal charge. The scarcity of opiates and lack of acceptable treatment, along with the ostracization by society just drives people further underground and often into despair.
    Whereas what I just said is full of opinion, my disagreement with your statement that all it takes is determination is one based in fact. You're doing a disservice to go around saying that all it takes is determination. Many people will try to quit with this strategy, and after some failures, they feel discouraged, as if they cannot possibly quit. A lot of people will require help to quit, that's just how it is. When you first start doing opiates, you may have the strongest willpower, but it breaks you down over time, and your priorities are rearranged. God, willpower, etc... are not enough for most people, they need help from other people and a quality support system.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    So you don't think being clean will last?
    I can't predict the future, and I can't even guess how strong my cravings will be months down the road from now. I can tell you though that I'm not naive enough to rule out relapse.
    If, when I start to get to know people around my new area that use drugs, I feel that I'm not strong enough to resist, I will go on an opiate maintenance program(suboxone) before I allow myself to begin using intravenuous drugs again. I'm hoping that having that buffer there is enough to provide me the necessary tools and strength to avoid falling back into my prior situation.