User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd take her everywhere with me, try to convince her to do the stuff I don't want to do, and try not to be convinced to do the stuff I don't want to do.

And we'd end up on stage at some point.

I'm excited just thinking about this! It would be so awesome!

We could give each other feedback on EVERYTHING!
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

I'd use the opportunity to get a more objective look at the ways I can actually improve.
    Much the same way a person would practice a speech in front of a mirror, we would critique the way we look in an outfit, the way we move, find the best way to smile, sit, stand, etc.

Also, if there are two of me, does that mean we could get work done twice as fast, or that we now have twice the responsibilities?

MBTI
    INTP

Meeting myself would make me very self-conscious, at least initially. I mean, most people hate seeing themselves in photos or listening to their own voices. It would be like that but in full 3D.

After I got past that, I'd probably get along with myself just fine. I'm sure I could use my double to learn about myself, but honestly I think hanging out with myself wouldn't actually be nearly as exciting as hanging out with other people that I like. I mean what is there to talk about if we know the same things? It would be comfortable in a certain way but doesn't seem like much of a stretch to hang out with yourself. I mean I already do that. Sure we could have hairbrained schemes that we both buy into that no one else would.

I guess I like having some variety and being around people that are complimentary and broaden me more than I like being around someone just like me. The instant understanding might be sort of nice sometimes, because I can feel misunderstood. But feeling understood by someone different than myself because they care to put the effort in means more to me than being understood by default.

The whole idea just doesn't seem like it would add all that much to my life in practical terms.

Why not ask some identical twins how they like it? After all they've got the same genes and are often raised in the same environment so some people already have an experience that is quite like this already.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I'd be OVERJOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

My first reaction would be to have sex with myself. But that sounds kinda gay, so we would just masturbate each other. Maybe get engaged to be married.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

I'd think "what a queer fellow" and then get on with my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Oay, just imagine, you are just walking to the grocery store and all of the sudden you meet yourself. You know it's you, that person looks like you, has the same personality as you, thinks the way you think, has the same opinion about everything as you, knows the people you know, has exactly the same friends and enemies as you, likes the things you like, hates the things you hate, lives in the same house as you and has gone through exactly the same things as you. In short: that person you meet is you (and you are still yourself as well). And then what?

- How would you feel when you meet yourself?
    - What would the first impression be?
    - Would you like yourself?
    - What would you do when you realize that that person really IS you?
    - What would you do with yourself?
    - Would you tell anyone you just met yourself?
    - Would you start wondering how it's possible that all of the sudden there is two of you while you never ever noticed that there was more than one of you? And if so, what would your conclusion be?
    - Would you take avantage of the fact that there is now two of you?
    - Would you consider going to a psychiatrist to figure out if you're not hallucinating?
    - Would you consider telling the news paper?
    ~Well, I'd feel surprised, and somewhat disappointed. There are many more interesting and attractive people that I could meet.

~My first impression would be of someone rather unremarkable and a bit overweight.

~I think I'd be a little paranoid that I was going to replace myself so, no, I don't think I'd like myself. Plus, my other self wouldn't be doing anything more useful with her life so there wouldn't be anything to like because there'd be nothing to look up to.

~When I realized it was me I would gape, and start thinking of every realistic and sci-fi theory I've ever heard to explain it. And, I would probably stop myself in hopes that my other self knew what the heck was going on, or at least might be able to help brainstorm what happened.

~I'd probably do nothing with myself. Both of myselfs would be fighting off a meltdown feeling like we weren't special and maybe we were replaceable and the world was going to replace us and forget us. I would go home.

~Yes, I would start wondering how there were two of me. My conclusion would probably be some kind of time ripple/folding thing, alternate universe anomaly, or psychosis (in that order)

~How would I take advantage of there being two of me? So one of me could be a lazy looser? Oh, how about one go and be responsible, and feel guilty, while the other go and do what I want, and feel guilty. What? Unless we shared a brain it would still be a waste because I (as I am aware) would still be only accomplishing some things. This would only work if somehow two could become one at some point, or because of shared experience.

~Yes, I would consider going to a psychiatrist, and getting a CT scan.

~No, I would not tell the paper. As much as being famous sounds nice, I'd rather not be a media freak/sensation.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    My first reaction would be to have sex with myself. But that sounds kinda gay, so we would just masturbate each other. Maybe get engaged to be married.
    Thats seriously the first thing you'd think of?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'd never get to know another me. We wouldn't be interested in getting to know one another. In the odd event we did talk, we would be very good friends probably. I usually only befriend extroverted types though, as I never initiate relationships
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Thats seriously the first thing you'd think of?

Yeah Im quiet a catch.

Even to myself. And I already know all my sweet spots. We would have beautiful kids. But then one day I would catch myself having sex with an old girlfriend. I would say to myself "I thought we promised we would stay true" And I would respond "That was you talking; I never said anything about hanging out with 'my friends'.
    Yes, we would end up having a threesome that night with the ex girlfriend but it wouldn't be the same. I just wouldn't trust myself. We would get divorced. I would think I saw myself everywhere, always looking to find myself but noticing it was mostly reflections in mirrors and store windows.
    Sharing custody with the kids would be awkward. So would seeing myself dating my ex girlfriend and he seeing me date one of his exs. I would, finally notice that I truly loved myself; we just couldn't say the words on the dark and rainy Thursday.
    I already miss me so bad, its like we are missing a crucial part of ourselves.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"