User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

The INJs I know can be "control freaks" at times, but I don't know if that applies to the majority of INJs.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

I don't really think that type matters when it comes to eating disorders. I think it depends more on how fucked up you are and of the environment you live in, and not on your type.

Enneagram
    4w5

Maybe INFXs. Of course any type could tho. I was getting that way when i was younger but didn't get to the point of being actually anorexic, just pretty skinny and my period stopped. But i could never see myself getting that way now, i've become much healthier since leaving HS.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Here's a method... Elimination.
    I think you could strike ENTJs off the list, if i'm not entirely mistaken.
    If anything, we don't seem to have a problem with food at all.
    Almost all ENTJs I have spoken to are more or less food lovers.
    I'm sort of an amateur gourmet chef myself.

ENTPs, ESTJs and ENFJs seem very unlikely, too...

I'd probably go with IxFx types, ENFPs and ESFPs. Never met an anorectic ENFP though... I know quite a few ENFPs who are or have been bulimics, though.
    Just personal experience, it might be way off.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

SPs. I don't see a correlation between eating disorders and the E/I scale.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Could be right... But it (eating disorders) also seems so very illogical, which would point in the direction of F.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Glycerine

People who need some sort of control over their chaotic lives. In other words, the types that are extra sensitive to their environments will probably tend to get eating disorders the most often.

MBTI
    ENFJ

ISJs. 1) they are the most common type 2) they can be very concerned with control
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Could be right... But it (eating disorders) also seems so very illogical, which would point in the direction of F.
    I don't think it has much to do with F vs. T. I'm a logical F for the most part. Fs and Ts just tend to have different ways of arriving at the conclusion that they must lose/gain weight. It's most common in young teenagers and older tweens, as I remember from doing a report on it. Sorry, can't remember my source. As someone else on TypoC said, that's usually when you're going through the most stress as you develop, seek independece, face social problems, and all that. Even T teenagers can get very emotional. They're just as likely to develop an eating disorder as Fs.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EIE

I think anyone can be susceptible to and eating disorder if in the right circumstances or whatever.

But, I think Introverted Feelers are far more likely to find themselves in that situation.

And I also think eating disorders can be more dangerous when it is an Introvert who is suffering from it.

Whilst I think that sometimes the self-image of IxFx's is likely to be worse than ExFx's I agree the more likely trigger of such an illness is a loss of control in their life.

For example - I have to friends who were best friends with one another and both had eating disorders. One was an ESFx and the other and INFJ.

The ESFx was always very open and it almost seemed like she delighted in letting people know of her problem with bulimia - kind of like the aforementioned 'party bulimics.' So because it was so well known about her problem intervention was easier.
    I'm not sure what her causes for the illness were but, as harsh as this sounds, at times it all just seemed like a big attention seeking ploy - although to continually make yourself vomit for attention is pretty wacked so something more serious had to be going on.

The other friend, INFJ, her illness, I believe is more dangerous. She wouldn't speak about it, kept it under wraps, and the weight was dropping off - to the point of look really unhealthy, that's how we knew. She wasn't really bulimic, just anorexic.

I'm not sure of the causes but her parents were like legalistically strict rarely allowing her to do anything social, it was pretty full on at times. I think other things may have happened in her life that may have been traumatising. Anyway it was an obvious control thing.

Another weird point was the relationship between the two - it like they fed off oneanothers illness (pardon the pun), competing with each other in this weird and yet extremely close relationship.

Anyway, ultimately I think, in the case I spoke about, the INFJ was the most serious and problematic because it was so concealed - an absolute control mechanism as well.
    So I think IxFx's are more predisposed to serious eating disorders.
    Likes N/A liked this post