User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Debate!

ThatGirl

Default Debate!

So, found myself in a debate yesterday, continued today) of whether a person can ever truly view themselves from an objective perspective.

Won't tell you which side I was on till one of you say the wrong thing....

Discuss.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    So, found myself in a debate yesterday, continued today) of whether a person can ever truly view themselves from an objective perspective.

Won't tell you which side I was on till one of you say the wrong thing....

Discuss.
    I doubt it.. unless they have the liberty and resources to spend all their time trying to self actualize..

I think we can at least do our best to be honest with ourselves.. But it's so easy to pass the buck and not be accountable..in fact it is almost encouraged to do so..

So I doubt it..

ThatGirl

Jesus, that was easy...

I disagree. One does not need to be self actualized to be self aware.

What about knowing yourself, how will you act in any given situation. Realizing it, owning it. Then separating that part of knowledge from the billions of other facts to consider in any given context?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Jesus, that was easy...

I disagree. One does not need to be self actualized to be self aware.

What about knowing yourself, how will you act in any given situation. Realizing it, owning it. Then separating that part of knowledge from the billions of other facts to consider in any given context?
    Except there is always the X factor.. those times when you surprise even yourself..

I know a few people who think they are self aware.. and we all are to some degree.. But if self awareness leads to self actualization.. then most people are not aware enough, and lie to themselves and/or are oblivious to certain things in themselves ... Seriously ..

ThatGirl

Except I wasn't speaking of self actualization.

Look all you have to do is know yourself. We get all caught up in this cognitive bullshit and think that somehow makes us random, but we aren't. From a humanity level everyone in the world operates from the same instinctual principals. Maybe five.

So if you know (and are half intelligent) you don't need to know specifically what each scenario will entail. But you can know with incredible accuracy, the probability of reaction.

The you take experience into account. The more you have experienced the fundamentals of humanity, the more you understand yourself as a whole.

Getting tipsy so bare with me. But all of life is like biology. When I first started I thought, jesus, the big words, but the more you not only know the concepts of the word orientation, mixed with the experience of using the base words to create words beyond what you normally use in language....

Lol it is so simple.

Know yourself on a simplistic fundamental level, know the cause and effect of that being, know what the situation consists of with/without it.

Objectivity is NOT as odd as people assume it would be.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

When I debate with someone I usually try to see myself at the objective point of view so I know what to say to make them agree with me. It works half the time. Still training.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Except I wasn't speaking of self actualization.

Look all you have to do is know yourself. We get all caught up in this cognitive bullshit and think that somehow makes us random, but we aren't. From a humanity level everyone in the world operates from the same instinctual principals. Maybe five.

So if you know (and are half intelligent) you don't need to know specifically what each scenario will entail. But you can know with incredible accuracy, the probability of reaction.

The you take experience into account. The more you have experienced the fundamentals of humanity, the more you understand yourself as a whole.

Getting tipsy so bare with me. But all of life is like biology. When I first started I thought, jesus, the big words, but the more you not only know the concepts of the word orientation, mixed with the experience of using the base words to create words beyond what you normally use in language....

Lol it is so simple.

Know yourself on a simplistic fundamental level, know the cause and effect of that being, know what the situation consists of with/without it.

Objectivity is NOT as odd as people assume it would be.
    We are more than Biological machines.. I am well aware of instinctual principles..... But when I can watch someone ignore their food while engrossed with their blackberry.. or spending time on here when they should be sleeping..LOL or cheating on a spouse even though it threatens their security in life..
    It is not so simple.. Only if you completely discount emotions and the effect they have on people.. The X factor..

ThatGirl

Never stated to discount it, this isn't a T vs F thing...

Read up you'll see.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Never stated to discount it, this isn't a T vs F thing...

Read up you'll see.
    I never said it was.. I found your response very thought out. But you yourself said it's based on "probability".. That means an X factor is present.

I believe the X factor to be emotions.. and their inherent unpredictability.
    which make people do all sorts of things they are unaware of, at least not without hindsight..

ThatGirl

Going to bed, the conclusion for the night.

Objectivity is reached when you have a fundamental understanding of yourself the good, bad, and ugly. Then you can notice where your influence occurred in a situation rather than if you had not been there at all. Experience locks in this perspective, because despite whether it is motivation or observation, you can test the accuracy of everything I stated above.

Self awareness leads to objectivity if one seeks to understand anything more than themselves.

I suppose it is a difference in perspective...

We are not the world, the world is something we have an idea of or influence on, given all the information available.

This is objectivity.