User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Question MBTI

MBTI
    INTP

QUESTION MBTI

I like this quote:

In a recent review of the MBTI, commissioned by the Army Research Institute, it was concluded that the instrument should not be used for career planning counseling. The Institute's analysis of the available research showed no
    evidence for the utility of the test. Indeed, with respect to career planning they note that "the types may simply be an example of stereotypes." I agree.
    Also, I am now very interested in the DDI Assessment Center.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP

Of course you can question.
    But do not come with the wrong answers like Malcolm.

The poor recruit did not have an inkling.
    The few who have read The Seven Pillars of Wisdom and who have understood it have more than an inkling.
    They know.

Sandy Nininger was not a long shoot off T.E.
    A regular officer type?
    Never.

Listen to the poor confused Malcolm:

"I think I am a someone who likes to be spontaneous... I have embarked on too many spontaneous evenings that ended up with my friends and I standing on the sidewalk, looking at each other and wondering what to do next."

A hopscotch.

It is not the P who wonders what to do next.

It is the J who wonders what to do next.

It is the J who has to be scheduled all the time.
    It is the J who feels lost and fearsome and empty on the loose.

Spontaneous evenings, eh?

Nope.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    "I think I am a someone who likes to be spontaneous... I have embarked on too many spontaneous evenings that ended up with my friends and I standing on the sidewalk, looking at each other and wondering what to do next."

A hopscotch.

Eeerp. Sorry. P's do this all the time, if the environment is not forthcoming with new ideas and opportunities to respond to. Your EPs tend to be more active in "triggering" environmental reactions to respond to themselves. IPs have more trouble.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Eeerp. Sorry. P's do this all the time, if the environment is not forthcoming with new ideas and opportunities to respond to. Your EPs tend to be more active in "triggering" environmental reactions to respond to themselves. IPs have more trouble.
    Not me, Jennifer.

How many IPs enroll in the army? In case they exist at all I fear they have been dispatched to the barracks by their ESTJ fathers for reasons of discipline. An inane exercise.

And as you said, the EP boys know how to make the world revolve around them.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not me, Jennifer....
    Didn't you mention that you had Asperger's or something similar, over on INTPc?

In my experience, Aspie-types have the mental broadness of INTP coupled with a compulsion for closure/concreteness that seems to be very Te / J.

So I can't use you as a poster child for IP behavior; I don't think you're typical for the IP type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Didn't you mention that you had Asperger's or something similar, over on INTPc?

In my experience, Aspie-types have the mental broadness of INTP coupled with a compulsion for closure/concreteness that seems to be very Te / J.

So I can't use you as a poster child for IP behavior; I don't think you're typical for the IP type.
    Well, I am never slouching on the sofa, if that is what you mean. But I am a sloucher in the sense of being gauche. And to be gauche is INTP behaviour exactly. The INTJs are gauche yes.. but the INTPs are more so. They are so bland they are almost transparent. What a shame.

And yes, I am an aspie.. and left handed, gauche.. IPish to the bottom.

MBTI
    INTP

Of course you can question.
    But do not come with the wrong answers like Malcolm.

The poor recruit did not have an inkling.
    The few who have read The Seven Pillars of Wisdom and who have understood it have more than an inkling.
    They know.

Sandy Nininger was not a long shoot off T.E.
    A regular officer type?
    Never.

Listen to the poor confused Malcolm:

A hopscotch.

It is the J who wonders what to do next.

It is the J who has to be scheduled all the time.
    It is the J who feels lost and fearsome and empty on the loose.

Spontaneous evenings, eh?

Nope.
    How is this poetic bullshit relevant to the information I have shared? It screams of, "look at me, look at me, I am so desperately unique in my writing style." Excuse me while I go peel my nails across a chalkboard for a few moments wondering why I just read this garbage post.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Not me, Jennifer.

How many IPs enroll in the army?
    In case they exist at all I fear they have been dispatched to the barracks by their ESTJ fathers for reasons of discipline. An inane exercise.

And as you said, the EP boys know how to make the world revolve around them.
    I would suspect that many ISTPs would enroll in the army...but become discharged for not following the rules...