User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Question MBTI

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I would suspect that many ISTPs would enroll in the army...but become discharged for not following the rules...
    You'd be correct. There is no notable difference between those that enlist and general population in terms of P/J (or as best can be related to P/J, heh).

Different areas attract different types, different ranks attract different types, but if memory serves, only the T/F divide shows a significant trend towards T types. J's tend to move up the ranks faster/higher, but that's pretty much in line with the coporate world.

(Schizm: A word of advice on MBTI - use it to learn tolerance.)

MBTI
    INTP

I would suspect that many ISTPs would enroll in the army...but become discharged for not following the rules...
    My brother was an ISTP in the army. He did not follow any of the rules. He was a boatman and every day he used to sleep till noon.
    Then he went to the dining hall to have some lunch. Sometimes an officer approached him and asked him why he was not with the others. He always knew what to say. He was never discharged.

But I know about a dozen who were.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    How is this poetic bullshit relevant to the information I have shared? It screams of, "look at me, look at me, I am so desperately unique in my writing style." Excuse me while I go peel my nails across a chalkboard for a few moments wondering why I just read this garbage post.
    A good way to learn a language is to read.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good way to learn a language is to read.
    Bullshit. Admit that you just wanted some attention for your retarded format. Don't act like your a good writer. You fail to understand your audience which is cardinal sin number one of a bad writer.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    Bullshit. Admit that you just wanted some attention for your retarded format. Don't act like your a good writer. You fail to understand your audience which is cardinal sin number one of a bad writer.
    If you say a cardinal sin do not add number one.
    A cardinal sin is already number one.
    Repetition is boring.

You can say: a cardinal sin.
    Or alternatively: a sin number one.

Do not use vulgar language. It is a sign of illiteracy.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'd never join - and if for some ridiculous reason I joined, I'd quit immediately or get kicked out.

I'd die if I had to follow all of their rules. One of my AF-ROTC friends takes so much shit from them. I don't know how she does it. I don't know how she can just stand there, take the retarded person in charge either yelling at her or accusing her of stuff she isn't guilty of, and not lash out at them.

Maybe I have some issues with authority, but if the authority seems reasonable it's less of an issue. I see so many of the rules in the military as being fairly pointless - I'd never follow them.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    If you say a cardinal sin do not add number one.
    A cardinal sin is already number one.
    Repetition is boring.

You can say: a cardinal sin.
    Or alternatively: a sin number one.

Do not use vulgar language. It is a sign of illiteracy.
    Thank you. A sin number one sounds awkward. I would change to a cardinal sin.

You have a point about using vulgar language. But how do you heighten the language without it? If I left out the vulgar language, do you think the meaning would have been just as affective(or is it effective, i could see either working here)?

MBTI
    INTX

I don't think it's possible that type is a continuum like the author of that first article tries to assume. INTJ and INTP are opposite, not because of a subjective "scheduling" preference, but because one has Ne in the ego block, whereas the other has Te.

Te and Fe types are more likely to score J, and Ti or Fi types are more likely to score P. Just getting a J or P doesn't prove you are a J or a P type -- just points to what is statistically likely. That's basically all the MBTI is or claims to be.

The reason Te and Fe make you score J is they tend to hasten decision-making, whereas Fi and Ti tend to delay decision-making. Ne and Se (making sure you have an objective perception) also delay decision-making while Ni and Si (being content with a subjective perception) actually hasten it. This is also known as the dynamic/static dichotomy in Socionics (and not to be confused with Jung's rational/irrational which has to do with which side of things is your dominant focus.)

Other than as an indicator of your probable true Jungian type, the MBTI would be pretty much just a set of stereotypes and thus probably worse than useless. (Lots of people use it as exactly that, unfortunately.) But Jungian types are way more than stereotypes -- they are an important aspect of personality that explains a lot about who each individual is and how their psyche is structured.