• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Females... do you change periodically?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I feel happy and horny when I'm ovulating. I wonder what it would be like to be happy and horny BEFORE my period instead of after it. The concept is very strange to me.

I relate to the tiredness though.

Well technically it is before your period.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well technically it is before your period.

But it's not. The week before my period I am a bitch on wheels. The first couple of days of my actual period I am a text book moody, introverted, sensitive little INFP. The rest of the time I'm a little more balanced. I know when I'm ovulating, though, because I feel especially social and attractive and energetic. It's not right before my period. It's closer to be right after.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mostly notice tiredness with some apathy, and I tend to get mild headaches. Mood-wise, I might become a bit more melancholy/contemplative, and also tend to feel lonely around that time, but I don't notice significant changes in anything else as far as my mood/behavior goes.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Haven't really had any problems since BC. Otherwise, I was a little cranky.

I do however have very significant changes when I'm sick. They go, approximately:

1. overemotional
2. slightly irritable
3. cranky
4. doombitch
5. dead inside
6. dead outside
7. listless
8. slightly alert
9. calm
10. HOLY SHIT I just lost two weeks of my life!!!

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
look everyone! facts! yay! :holy:

The menstrual cycle is a cycle of physiological changes that occurs in fertile females. Overt menstruation (where there is blood flow from the uterus through the vagina) occurs primarily in humans and close evolutionary relatives such as chimpanzees.[1] Females of other species of placental mammal undergo estrous cycles, in which the endometrium is completely reabsorbed by the animal (covert menstruation) at the end of its reproductive cycle. This article focuses on the human menstrual cycle.

The menstrual cycle, under the control of the endocrine system, is necessary for reproduction. It may be divided into three distinct phases: menstruation, the follicular phase and the luteal phase.[2] Ovulation defines the transition from the follicular phase to the luteal phase. The length of each phase varies from woman to woman and cycle to cycle, though the average menstrual cycle is 28 days.[2] Hormonal contraception interferes with the normal hormonal changes with the aim of preventing reproduction.

Stimulated by gradually increasing amounts of estrogen in the follicular phase, menses slow then stop, and the lining of the uterus thickens. Follicles in the ovary begin developing under the influence of a complex interplay of hormones, and after several days one or occasionally two become dominant (non-dominant follicles atrophy and die). Approximately mid-cycle, 24–36 hours after the Luteinizing Hormone (LH) surges, the dominant follicle releases an ovum, or egg in an event called ovulation. After ovulation, the egg only lives for 24 hours or less without fertilization while the remains of the dominant follicle in the ovary become a corpus luteum; this body has a primary function of producing large amounts of progesterone. Under the influence of progesterone, the endometrium (uterine lining) changes to prepare for potential implantation of an embryo to establish a pregnancy. If implantation does not occur within approximately two weeks, the corpus luteum will involute, causing sharp drops in levels of both progesterone and estrogen. These hormone drops cause the uterus to shed its lining in a process termed menstruation.

In the menstrual cycle, changes occur in the female reproductive system as well as other systems (which lead to breast tenderness or mood changes, for example). A woman's first menstruation is termed menarche, and occurs typically around age 12. The end of a woman's reproductive phase is called the menopause, which commonly occurs somewhere between the ages of 45 and 55.

sorry, it was the only way i could feel half comfortable in this thread.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, there are two versions of me: When my birth control is working and giving me the hormonal balance I need and...well, when they don't.

When they're working, I don't change at all. I may just get a bit tired or sore. Still happy ol' normal Pettycure.

If they fail me, I go absolutely psychotic. :)

One time I could feel that my BC wasn't doing its job any longer, and the new stuff the doctor gave me wouldn't go into full effect for a week. I knew what was coming, so I warned the guy I was dating of everything that would happen: irrational anger, crying buckets while I'm in a perfectly calm and good mood, lethargy, real emotions getting blown epically out of proportion, that sort of thing.

He said oh yeah, sure, okay, it'll all be fine, I can take it!

I...scared...the shit out of him, that poor guy. I guess he didn't take the words "batshit crazy" to heart quite enough. I was not exaggerating. ;)

We're still friends and today and if I ever need help getting my meds, he's crawling all over himself (I wouldn't call it a panic, let's just say he's very energetic about it) to make sure I have them because he says he never, ever wants to see me like that again, lol.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
I feel beside myself for 4-5 days before my periode starts.
It's a bit like being a hormonally challenged teenager again, I blow negative things way out of proportion. Minor disappointments with myself makes me loose confidence and feel like I'll never be happy again. Minor diasagreements with others make me paranoid, insecure or aggressive and I'll lash out or isolate. Minor physical disturbances like noise, traffic, weather, kids arguing or complaining make me feel the world is out to get me and I'll react with impatience and irritability. :steam:

On top of the unpleasant mental change, there's the general fatique, the bloated feeling, the greasy skin, the sore breasts and the craving for too much sweet stuff.

Yeah, I positively hate PMS. It's like being taken over by an alien force.

But the moment my period starts is such a relief. The pressure, both in body and mind, is immediately released and I know I can be myself for about 3 weeks again. Starting by apologising to the people I have lashed out on during PMS... :cheese:

Since I'm not going to have more kids, I thought about going back to the Pill, but learned that the oestrogen is known to be a depressant . The amount is usually so small that it doesn't affect most women, but for women who - like me - already have a tendency to depression (and naturally high levels of oestrogen) it can tip the balance into depression. So that's a no-go.

PS on Pill & Depression:
I don't know if it was a coincidence, but I had my first depressive episode when I was 14-16 years, and in those same years my doctor had prescribed a BC-pill called Diane to regulate my cycle from the unbearable 21 days to the normal 28.

I suppose they didn't know how much they were messing with the frail hormonal balance of a teenage body. Ouch.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The day before and/or the day I start my period, I am crankier than usual. It lasts for a whopping day or two. It amounts to me not coping as well as usual, so smaller things irritate me, sappy commercials make me cry, etc. I am not angry though. I just get frustrated more easily. I can feel the bad mood descend, and yet I never realize it's totally irrational until my period starts and I go "oh, that's why everything annoys me today."

A big part of this has to do with the fact that I get very painful cramps, headaches, back pain, fatigue etc, and that's going to make anyone a little cranky. I don't deny it isn't moodiness, but experiencing what amounts to illness doesn't help. The cramps take a few days to die down, but my mood goes back to normal pretty fast. Any extended moodiness is more of a mild, lethargic gloom, and that may have as much to do with cramps as emotion.

I would not say I am "INFP like" during that brief time because I don't see myself or all INFPs as being constantly irritable or gloomy. I think other people find me more reactive and emotional than usual during PMS (although it's not "pre" so much as "at the start").

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm irritable and emotional. "Touching" commercials have me in tears, it's so embarrassing. I also start sobbing when I'm listening to music, etc.. I'm such a damn mess, haha. I hate it. I always know that my period is coming on because I get so mushy.

1. Emotional
2. Depressed
3. Irritable
4. Pissed off at men
5. etc.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I become an ESTJ when I'm moody,
A very temperamental one.
Luckily, I don't express anger too often,
or everyone I knew would be in grave danger ;)
Just kidding.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I'm moody, I go into INTJ mode. I get very blunt and kind of emotionally removed. Te is a nice little weapon I keep next to me.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
No. My temperament shifts around because of other factors, but not because of my period. I get more annoyed, but my functions don't change or anything.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
My T turns into an F for a week and a half each month or at least tries real hard. And yeah I am way more emotional, more anxious, more sad, more irritable.

I do almost feel like a different person.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well I normally don't care if there's a mess, but once I'm on my period...
Yowza, you better make sure the house is clean because it pisses me off so much.
Clutter and crap gives me anxiety when I'm that emotional.
I get really mean when provoked. In fact everyone in my family knows not to start stuff with me at that time because I will win and devour you. I'd say I flip from being emotional to not caring about people and wanting to punch a hole in everyone's faces.
It takes a LOT of self control.

But when I'm ovulating I just get horny as well.

sculpting

As NeTeFi:

My Te becomes much more short circuited-ie bitchy around PMS for a day or two. During ovulation I also become hyper crazy NeFi for about two days. Also I will notice Fi "flares" where I can become quite morose over little stuff.

Hormones drastically effect how I can play with Fe. During ovulation and PMS I cannot find the Fe calm place at all. However other times of the month it can grow quite strong and be a nice option when under stress.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Love the pun in your post title. :)

The first couple of days of my actual period I am a text book moody, introverted, sensitive little INFP.

Marmy, how can you say that? :cry:

I would not say I am "INFP like" during that brief time because I don't see myself or all INFPs as being constantly irritable or gloomy.

Thank you OrangeAppled for responding to the above!