• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Females... do you change periodically?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
This thread is not meant to shock or anything. It's just a theoretical interest.

When my period is about to start, I get more nervous, less sure about myself, more pessimistic, more organized and less efficient (yes, both). I lose interest in a lot of things, I see teaching as a chore (while normally I look forward to almost every lesson)...

We all know the period has an influence on our mood. Is it consistent enough to speak of a character change? For all practical purposes, you can describe me as a dark ISTP for a few days in each month. I'm not sure about the T part.
Is it a streak of Shadow mixing up with your usual self?

P

Phantonym

Hmm. You might be right. I certainly get more irritable and I've noticed that I tend to pay more attention to details, that is, every single little thing makes me irritated.

I could go as far as saying that I turn into an ESFP.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm pretty sure I turn INFP when I'm PMSing. Whoops...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No.

(Besides, I'm always crazy. When I get too serious is when you need to call the doctor.)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not sure if I count, but I seem to change periodically (don't have a period), but in my case it's because I'm just that moody.

I have four basic moods:

ISFJ - Anal-retentive, polite, image-conscious, predictible, not wanting to make changes.
ENTP - Silly, argumentative, playful, punny, sarcastic, arrogant.
INTJ - Focused, pragmatic, blunt, scheming, persistent, smug.
ISxP - Bored, inattentive, restless, goofy, focused on video games/music/computers, critical, confrontational, irritable.

You will likely see me go through all these phases in a month. Not always, but they do seem to alternate fairly consistently. Obviously they're less pronounced than an actual type change, though.

If I become very aware of a negative impact one of my other moods is having, the ISFJ one seems to reassert itself temporarily, though it drains me a little to do so.

B

brainheart

How it pans out:

Usual me: INFP
ovulating: ENFP
PMS: ISTJ
period starts: INFP

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I usually get an extra anxiety attack, or the same number, but just worse. I try to wear a particular bracelet to remind me that my thinking is being influences by physiology and to take it with a grain of salt.

Usehername

On a mission
I get really irritated with everyone for no reason, and I also lack much of any concentration ability.

I have a friend who has to block off days on her calendar so she knows she's not allowed to dump her boyfriend/quit her job, etc when she's PMSing. hehe.

proximo

My sister says that when she has PMS, her kids can piss her off so badly that she feels literally like she could murder them all. In her words: "I could just slit their throats and leave them bleeding on the floor, I wouldn't give a damn". Of course, she's never so much as spanked them, so she'd never do it, but that level of cold, unsympathetic, petty sadism is a definitely obvious streak that runs through her behaviour at certain times of the month and she totally does seem like a completely different person.

She's an ESFP, incidentally.

Nyx

I get very emotional. I will most likely lash out and cry at some point...but I'm somewhat nicer? maybe...

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
PMS turns me anxious, caring and responsible. People tend to like me more when my period is about to start.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have a little less energy than usual but nothing significant.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I become irritable and anti-social. I become angry too easily. Usually I'm much more drawn to men, I like men, but when I'm having PMS I completely lose interest, sometimes even become abnormally hostile toward them. Sometimes I get sad or depressed, it does happen especially the day of or right before, but over the span of my reproductive years the feelings are much more likely to turn to anger or irrational irritability with the world in general.

I hate having PMS. I've always been able to tell when my period is coming. I sometimes wonder if I don't have sex regularly if it makes it worse.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
PMS just makes me happy and horny- though a little tired.

I feel happy and horny when I'm ovulating. I wonder what it would be like to be happy and horny BEFORE my period instead of after it. The concept is very strange to me.

I relate to the tiredness though.

I'm going to take a cue from brainheart:

Usual me: xNFP
ovulating: ESFP
PMS: xSTJ
period starts: INFP