• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Tell Tale Mind

T

ThatGirl

Top indicators of psychosis?

I am going to say......not blinking?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I can forget to blink, maybe I'm crazy! :D

I would stay a very glassy stare along with that not blinking. I can tell the difference between a 'thinking stare' and a 'creepy stare' and a 'staring stare.'

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Top indicators of psychosis?

I am going to say......not blinking?

OK, dictionary defintion for "psychosis" is:

1. a mental disorder characterized by symptoms, such as delusions or hallucinations, that indicate impaired contact with reality.

2. any severe form of mental disorder, as schizophrenia or paranoia.

FROM: Psychosis Definition | Definition of Psychosis at Dictionary.com

I'm going to assume that most people with a genuine psychotic diagnosis have been at some time, or currently are institutionalized.

Personall, I don't like definition (2) above as clinically, schizophrenia and paranoia are classified as neuroses. The spectrum of schizophrenia is as wide as the spectrum for autism; some folks who have it are functional for the most part (I have a friend who is schizophrenic; he lost his pizza shop when his first attack set in, went to an institution for about 6 months, and has been out ever since) and some are in need of constant moniotring, it's that simple. :yes:

Psychosis to most, I think, means "aggressive" or "violent." These two traits speak best of a sociopath, which to complicate things has a synonym of "psychopath." :doh:

Behaviors I attribute to true psychosis include catatonic states, people wandering around (often the homeless, thank you for 1970's deinstitutionalization, that was real sweet to make homeless thousands of people who can't fend for themselves) talking to themselves sometimes with strange facial expressions, rocking back and forth for long periods of time while not engaged with anything in particular, and of course really obvious stuff like talking with inanimate objects, etc. :coffee:

Also, it's important to note that ENTJ females are known to have a much higher incidence of psychotic behavior than females of all other MBTI types combined. :peepwall: