User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: IQ and communication

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Affirmative anxiety I think of thing you fear too much what other people think of you. I think of doing it is useful to think of others categorization of yourself for the world as the type of social game. Usually the social game is played so someone can stroke your ego and masturbate to their own identity. You should really feel strong and smart and confident in yourself and be able to say to those people f*** off. It doesn't really matter what they think of you you're not going to interact with them anyways so why do their opinions matter? How does the their thoughts affect you your relationships or your life if they refuse to interact with you in the first place. I think once you allow yourself to feel this internal self confidence more you begin to unlock a lot of the natural talents that you obviously have. However the more you affirm your anxiety har har the more time you always combating yourself rather then improving up on and utilizing your natural skills and talents to create a happier life for yourself. I wish you the best

Perhaps I should stop trying to type my posts with google voice However I've grown too lazy to interact with this form in any other way lol
    That's an astute observation, but google voice makes you seem like a foreigner

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by musicalshore View Post
    A fast runner doesn't naturally run fast, he has to exert effort. A person with high IQ has to exert effort to communicate with someone of lower IQ.
    though had he phrased it as a fast walker that would be a different matter... some people naturally walk a lot faster than other people do. I come from a family of very fast walkers, however, there's not a single one of us who cannot slow down to keep pace with a slow walker if necessary

adaptability is something that doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with IQ, but I would put it hand in hand with applicable intelligence. and an adaptable person can communicate with a variety of people, regardless of education, intelligence or upbringing
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member Array
    5 sx

I think that it has much more to do with priorities than cognitive ability. though if a person is determined to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, they are going to develop much stronger cognitive skills in that area: the ability to convey complex ideas in less esoteric terms, for example. so communication skills can be developed in conjunction with certain skills that IQ tests do measure -- if you look at it from that perspective, there could be a correlation between communication skills and IQ. definitely depends on what you mean by communication, though. if it's just social communication / small talk, then that theory doesn't hold up as well.

sorry if this was off-topic or if I'm repeating something that someone else has said more clearly. I didn't feel like reading the entire thread and decided to blindly spout off my own opinions instead