First 5678 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

In some areas my IQ is in the genius range and in other areas my IQ is in the mediocre range so my diversely unique skillset can confuse people. My IQ is 114.

Permabanned

Well, I don't know. The thing with me is, I'm quiet regardless. It's not that I don't understand what people are going on about, but rather, I don't think I can add to the discussion in ways that are productive as a whole. So, I just keep quiet.

I'm alot more verbal one on one, group dynamics don't really sit well with me. And even then, only with individuals who do a lot of the talking. This is when I'll start talking a lot as well.

I'm guessing some think I'm unintelligent (or that I have a low IQ) because of that.

I'm very likely in the middle range. That is, around 100.

And it's particularly interesting to me. I'm African...our IQ is supposed to be just above mental retardation levels. Yet, until today, I tend to get along better with Africans. I guess that would make me almost a "retard", going off the 'like sticks with like' premise. But, I'm biracial...I've never had that inferiority complex that many (someone is going to hate me here) Africans (and not African Americans) have. It only occured to me that 'white people were smarter' when someone else pointed it out...I've never independantly arrived at that conclusion. I still get along with white people...or really, anyone. My point is, objectively speaking, I honestly can't tell which group is more 'intelligent'. If intelligence was as objective as some people think, surely I could draw a sort of general conclusion, even if it was just an intuition? But, I can't. That isn't to say that differences don't exist in the way cognition is formed, generally, they definitely do, but rather, neither way is more 'intelligent' in any situation.

At the end of the day, though, what does intelligence even matter? Kind of like K.Durant's saying "Hard work beats talent if talent fails to work hard"...."Action beats thought if thought doesn't lead to action".

Same idea. Intelligence means nothing unless acted upon. And even then, you judge the action, not the intelligence from which it sprung. And to think that only intelligence can spring valid action, well, that's pretty unintelligent...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

With the passage of time I've come to think that emofional intelligence is much more important to communication, I think that generally affect rules cognition more than is commonly supposed.

Most recently I've been reading about intersubjective systems theory, its a psychoanalytic theory which supposes that affect regulation, ie moods or temperament, develops as part of a mutual process between child and carers. If a parent has blank or broken affect, so will their kid, it means that individuals can develop with an incomplete, some might say inadequate emotional reportraire. When that's the case communication of any sort is as difficult as, say, a french and german speaker tryinv to dialogue together.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

God damn you raptorwizard

Edit:

In an effort to contribute to the thread

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/th...k-more-alcohol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    God damn you raptorwizard
    [/url]
    Haha.

Well I can admit without fear that the last time I was tested with a real IQ test I believe I scored around...78.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Haha.

Well I can admit without fear that the last time I was tested with a real IQ test I believe I scored around...78.
    Affirmative anxiety I think of thing you fear too much what other people think of you. I think of doing it is useful to think of others categorization of yourself for the world as the type of social game. Usually the social game is played so someone can stroke your ego and masturbate to their own identity. You should really feel strong and smart and confident in yourself and be able to say to those people f*** off. It doesn't really matter what they think of you you're not going to interact with them anyways so why do their opinions matter? How does the their thoughts affect you your relationships or your life if they refuse to interact with you in the first place. I think once you allow yourself to feel this internal self confidence more you begin to unlock a lot of the natural talents that you obviously have. However the more you affirm your anxiety har har the more time you always combating yourself rather then improving up on and utilizing your natural skills and talents to create a happier life for yourself. I wish you the best

Edit:

Perhaps I should stop trying to type my posts with google voice However I've grown too lazy to interact with this form in any other way lol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Oh, so RaptorWizard is the one bringing back all of these IQ threads? Huh, I can't say I'm surprised...

...Nah, I don't think I'll share my IQ. But, I don't really think IQ differences make it difficult to communicate with others (extremes can make an exception in this case, of course).

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Affirmative anxiety I think of thing you fear too much what other people think of you. I think of doing it is useful to think of others categorization of yourself for the world as the type of social game. Usually the social game is played so someone can stroke your ego and masturbate to their own identity. You should really feel strong and smart and confident in yourself and be able to say to those people f*** off. It doesn't really matter what they think of you you're not going to interact with them anyways so why do their opinions matter? How does the their thoughts affect you your relationships or your life if they refuse to interact with you in the first place. I think once you allow yourself to feel this internal self confidence more you begin to unlock a lot of the natural talents that you obviously have. However the more you affirm your anxiety har har the more time you always combating yourself rather then improving up on and utilizing your natural skills and talents to create a happier life for yourself. I wish you the best

Edit:

Perhaps I should stop trying to type my posts with google voice However I've grown too lazy to interact with this form in any other way lol
    This is true....so very true.

Ive known the solution to my problems for most of my life, unfortunately knowing the solution to a problem such as this does not always mean it is an easy one to enact. It is the same as the idea that the solution to a despot is to displace such an individual in some manner, but the execution is always much more complicated.

But yeah im working on it, it's hard but that doesn't mean I wont try.....or that I wont succeed Thankyou for the encouragement though.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    STP

Stubborn seems to cause more issues then IQ with comunication. I know I have alot of communication problems when it comes to technical things. Most of the time its just easier for my to do it, and 75% of the time dont ask me to explain because I dont think in a linear fashion so what I create is usually like a spider web where you really need a whole understanding then a linear path. I usually score between 145-165 in IQ tests. I have no problems communicating with people that have really low IQs.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Education level might contribute. Maturity too, but not IQ.
    Let's say I am a very fast runner. What does that have to do with walking with my grandmother to the park? It's all context dependent. What does my IQ have to do with general communication? And shouldn't a bright person be able to aid someone else by understanding their lack of knowledge and gauging your statements accordingly? I think so. I did it all the time when I tutored language or music. I knew more, so it was my obligation to present the information in such a way that the person could assimilate it and learn. You do this by assessing what he/she knows about, and creating metaphors based on that (if possible).
    A fast runner doesn't naturally run fast, he has to exert effort. A person with high IQ has to exert effort to communicate with someone of lower IQ.