• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

life goal descriptions by type

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Please give your view about whether or not these cover adequately the life goals possible. If you wish, you may say how much you feel towards any life goal statements written. If you feel strongly for or against some lifegoal, please write more. This has been a writing exercise for me. My source has been 16 singular words or phrases at PTypes - Idols of the Types

It is most important to be accomplished, so that you will gain others attention, they will think of you as an accomplished person and you think of yourself as having made a difference.

The most imporant thing in the life is to gain acceptance, so that you are let in part of a group, you may participate in events and to experience everything together.

The most important thing in the life is independence, so that you may decide about your own actions yourself, decide your own norms by yourself, be self sufficient and not to need any one other too much.

The most important thing in the life is to gain attention, so that you are being considered as remarkable, interesting, bad, good or otherwise notorious, so that you will not be ignored or forgotten.

The most important thing in the life is control, so that you may control the behaviours of others, keep control of others, and control them and yourself according to your decisions.

The most important thing in the life is to be non-conforming, so as to not follow the mainstream, but rather to choose your own way, resist the common ideals and to make your own life as alternative and special.

The most important thing in the life is to gain prestige, recognition, so that you get your name in the most important publicications, the important people will speak of your name and you will be talked of as a person of merit in the most important contexts.

The most important thing in the life is to be alone, so as to not to be required to affiliate with any one other. You should remain in solitude and without contacts, to refuse any one other to influence you or to be associated with you.

The most important thing in the life is to do whatever one pleases at any one moment. You should be free and without restrictions, so that your impulses and desires don't go unfullfilled. So you will never be denied of anything and you'll be free.

The most important thing in the life is to be uncommitted. So you will not be restrained. Being committed will make you a slave and take your freedom away, which is why you should never promise anything, let alone keep any promises. Then your actions at any one moment is up to you to decide.

The most important thing in the life is to be needed. When you are needed, you are usefull and beneficial. It will prove how much required you are. Others will be in touch with you, and you can accommondate to their needs.

The most important thing in the life is to be taken care of. When others take care of your needs, you don't have to worry about losing anything of value. You don't have to assert yourself or to do anything aggressive. Your needs are catered to as you wish.

The most important thing in the life is to be special. When no-one else is like you, you will be most noted and remembered. You will be taken as example of uniqueness. No-one can say that you live like everyone else.

The most important thing in the life is to have excitement. When there are exciting things going on, you are not bored. Anything can happen. Then you will not have to face yourself in the lack of action and you can throw yourself to be taken by whatever's happening.

The most important thing in the life is to have relations. When you have relations, you have a lot going on with everyone, in many differenent ways. Then you know who's having action with whom. You'll never have to deal with yourself alone then, but you can always distract yourself with others.

The most important thing in the life is to be creative. When you can create everything, you can be enthusiastic and to bring original experiences to someone else. Then you can feel as capable of bringing any one option to the reality, and you are not reliant on other's creations, because you will be the origin of all creations.

ygolo

My termites win
All of these are rather extreme. (I suppose they would be for being "Idols" on a Christian website.)

I chose the ones I thought applied, and re-ordered them in terms of degree of strength (highest being most applicable to me).

Again, these are extreme. I don't really believe I idolize these things, but there is some truth to the following...

The most important thing in the life is to be creative. When you can create everything, you can be enthusiastic and to bring original experiences to someone else. Then you can feel as capable of bringing any one option to the reality, and you are not reliant on other's creations, because you will be the origin of all creations.

The most important thing in the life is independence, so that you may decide about your own actions yourself, decide your own norms by yourself, be self sufficient and not to need any one other too much.

The most important thing in the life is to do whatever one pleases at any one moment. You should be free and without restrictions, so that your impulses and desires don't go unfullfilled. So you will never be denied of anything and you'll be free.

The most important thing in the life is to gain acceptance, so that you are let in part of a group, you may participate in events and to experience everything together.

The most important thing in the life is to be uncommitted. So you will not be restrained. Being committed will make you a slave and take your freedom away, which is why you should never promise anything, let alone keep any promises. Then your actions at any one moment is up to you to decide.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
All of these are rather extreme. (I suppose they would be for being "Idols" on a Christian website.)

I chose the ones I thought applied, and re-ordered them in terms of degree of strength (highest being most applicable to me).

Again, these are extreme. I don't really believe I idolize these things, but there is some truth to the following...
It's a Christian website? That's a coincidence. I just chose first website that had "base beliefs" on types as my source, lol :laugh:

ygolo

My termites win
It's a Christian website? That's a coincidence. I just chose first website that had "base beliefs" on types as my source, lol :laugh:

I may not be, but it certainly has plenty of links to passages from the Bible.

And has this on its main page:

This website represents my study of a Christian theological psychology.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes it seems. I made a list of my tops.. but I notice that some of the goals I would want, but I'd be less reluctant to admit. Others I'm more open to declare publicly.
74%prestige
72% excitement
59%creative
55% accomplished
52% independence
45% do whatever one pleases.
41% attention
35% to have relations
32% acceptance
27% control
25% non-conforming
22% uncommitted
20% special
9% to be needed
1% to be taken care of
0% alone

A further question. Would you think you would enjoy doing a 48 question test that would provide you with % list like this? I am thinking of making a test myself. I would refine the descriptions, and perhaps search multiple sources for a new base set of goals, then make it a test on the web.

ygolo

My termites win
Yes it seems. I made a list of my tops.. but I notice that some of the goals I would want, but I'd be less reluctant to admit. Others I'm more open to declare publicly.

A further question. Would you think you would enjoy doing a 48 question test that would provide you with % list like this? I am thinking of making a test myself. I would refine the descriptions, and perhaps search multiple sources for a new base set of goals, then make it a test on the web.

That may be interesting actually.