User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Headache from brain activity?

I've heard the phrase, "thinking that makes my head hurt".

Until now, I thought it was a metaphor, or an exaggeration. Fast forward to a moment of a-ha!

The human brain is known to increase bloodflow to active areas. Headache may occur from dilated blood vessels. See the connection?

True or not, I don't care. What I have is THIS:

When I was burned out, it HURT me psychologically AND physically to think about "duty". A particular trigger gave me pain.

When I was hurt emotionally, thinking about it made me hurt physically.

People often state the phrase I said in relation to different brain activities. "It hurts to see all those numbers." "Trying to bend the 3d shapes makes my head hurt." etc.

Now, about brain activity: the human brain is known to optimize the energy consumption for the tasks they do. Brains of Expert video players consume *less* energy when playing, even though they show a superior performance! That is counter-intuitive, but true.

So. I'm all excited about this. Any experience, thoughts, further resources?

Btw. So that you know, the energy consumption of the brain declines with age. Brains supposedly organize information in a manner that requires less processing. After all, many things say the same during a person's age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Eh. We ought to do the things, and follow the means for which we are capable of.

... What gets me is, yeah; the brain declines with age.

MBTI
    ENTJ

They don't just decline. Crystallized intelligence increases with age.

Do you mean we should let parts of our brains athropy due to disuse?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Do you mean we should let parts of our brains athropy due to disuse?
    ... Hmm, that's a good one.

Well, how would we know how to use the 'other' parts of the brain that would concern you that they'll go to disuse?

ya i no tis. ctain tings urt so i avoid them. i just stare at walls for aurs.

maybe this is growth-pain, in some cases. your brain tries to achieve a new level of transcendence, and some old thought forms are not linked to the new whole anymore or not yet integrated gracefully, because the new level ins not fully functional yet. going to the old thought forms drags you down and thus disconnects you from the new level of wholiness altogether, which hurts like you are trapped into some mechanical pressure.

or maybe your brain just has a mild case of self-hate.

(evil depression is depressing)

i think diabetes or just any random sugar issues might have a bad effect on the blood issue that you mentioned

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by persianness View Post
    ... Hmm, that's a good one.

Well, how would we know how to use the 'other' parts of the brain that would concern you that they'll go to disuse?
    Thanks Quote material, yes?

I'd guess my brain parts from what others have, too. Sometimes if I think or feel in a very unusual way from normal, I feel like something new and unused is being operated. Strange feeling. It makes me suspect that I'm using parts of brain that are usually under a light load.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

if i activate some super twisted self referential thinking (i mean thinking that is referential to itself, like a puzzle with undefined parts), i often get caught in it. that's a dissociation from my typical center. it results in an inability to dream in images. i can fall asleep physically but continue to think in this way in autopilot for pretty much the whole night.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    or maybe your brain just has a mild case of self-hate.
    Is that a comment to me?

I don't have any kind of headache nowadays, apart from situations when I work more intensively and really feel the intensiveness in me. It's hard to think of that as originating from any kind of self-hate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i didnt mean to comment on you. but i think there are many ways or low level self-hate, that are not detected in terms of psychology. being too "male", abandoning the anima or being to agent abandoning communion or being to ascending abandoning decent into dreams - i speculate that a swizz cheeze brain as pictured, might be the result of such low level imbalances, that effect everey single thinking process, because such low level jin-jan layers are concerned with motivation of everything, everywhere. i picture an ascending though process as a tendency that might be "afraid" to come full circle, to get wet feet, it tries to become static, to freeze in a preference....
    this is an image of a bad case of scizophrenia:

alzheimer looks almost the same. i think that dementia is often in part a rejection of the own worldly mind. (its not an emotional depression, where anger is supressed.) but every level or mind-module or mind-layer can become depressed or be a source of depression. there are nuns, who have learned in prayer to not supress their minds, who have severe phyiscal brain damage as a result of alzheimer-inflamed-plaques, but they are not demented psychologically. also demented alzheimer patients have occasional moments of clarity, which are allways inspired by a soulfull circumstance, in my experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

if i activate some super twisted self referential thinking (i mean thinking that is referential to itself, like a puzzle with undefined parts), i often get caught in it. that's a dissociation from my typical center. it results in an inability to dream in images. i can fall asleep physically but continue to think in this way in autopilot for pretty much the whole night.
    I am interested in how to do this.

i didnt mean to comment on you. but i think there are many ways or low level self-hate, that are not detected in terms of psychology. being too "male", abandoning the anima or being to agent abandoning communion or being to ascending abandoning decent into dreams - i speculate that a swizz cheeze brain as pictured, might be the result of such low level imbalances, that effect everey single thinking process, because such low level jin-jan layers are concerned with motivation of everything, everywhere. i picture an ascending though process as a tendency that might be "afraid" to come full circle, to get wet feet, it tries to become static, to freeze in a preference....
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn