• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your primary motivation in life?

What is your primary motivation in life?

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Poll included. Talk about it. If you vote "Other", please specify in the thread.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Go, do and be :D
(That pretty much covers everything)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seek out meaning and find/fulfill purposes.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Winning. Whenever someone hurts me, make sure they'll pay and never do it again. Being the best at everything I can be the best in with my capacities. Taking care of myself, protecting myself, so I can stay the best and don't lose my motivation. Being aware of my strengths and weaknesses. Staying authentic, except when authenticity stands in the way of my prestations.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Right now, I don't even know which option I'd pick. I'm still thinking about it.

Winning. Whenever someone hurts me, make sure they'll pay and never do it again. Being the best at everything I can be the best in with my capacities. Taking care of myself, protecting myself, so I can stay the best and don't lose my motivation. Being aware of my strengths and weaknesses. Staying authentic, except when authenticity stands in the way of my prestations.

Hmm... that's a good one. Would you consider winning as achievement?

other: HAPPINESS!

That's sort of what I meant by 'Personal Pleasure'. I guess I could have worded it slightly better.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I could consider winning as an achievement, but it's never good enough for me. Whenever people want me to slow down, I get angry and aggressive. Then they want to slow me down even more, but they just don't get it.

Martin997

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
i think other, since i had especially lately in my years have had an almost obsession with knowledge, so i think my motivation is to learn as much as i can, and hope that will open many doors for me to further motivate me...

altho all of that is on hold since laziness is a b*tch!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And as opposed to Saint Kar, I would answer "Achievement" not defined solely as winning. (So I like the distinction she made, even though I liked the reclassification. :nice: ) Achieving what I set out to do, striving to my goals and beating my standards.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Survival and getting down by the fire.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Being alive seems more fun than the alternative.

ygolo

My termites win
It's not achievement really, nor is it personal pleasure...

The main motivation is to be what I was put on this earth to be (whatever that is).

Mole

Permabanned
I am caught between my desires and my ideals. One moment I follow my ideals and the next I am overcome by my desires.

I am blown hither and thither - first by one and then by the other. It is becoming obvious they don't talk to one another. In fact they barely acknowledge one another's existence.

They are like wilful children I am taking out on a walk. "Now, now", I say, "little birds in their nest should agree". But they look at me like I am a Dodo, and keep pulling in different directions.

In some ways they are comical as they are both so determined to get their way and yet are so blind to one another. They are truly like children.

But what would I do without them? Desire give me pleasure and Ideals tells me what's best. You would think that together they would provide me with the best pleasure, wouldn't you? But oh no - one is constantly trying to replace the other. Each is constantly trying to take over the whole world. But there is only one world and two of them. Simple arithmetic seems to elude them.

I have taken them to obedience training school but the therapist just seemed to encourage them. Even therapists seem to be at a loss with desire and ideals - I guess they have their own to worry about.

Sometimes they drive me ragged and sometimes they wear me out - but they are all I have. What can I do with my own children?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Personal Pleasure, which entails all the others as subsets.